Cable to XT3 question
807 4 2020-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattprinceuk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi I have a Fuji XT3 and power it by an Anker powerbank which obviously takes up the single USBc port. To use the focus motor it has to be connected to the camera. Is this just for power purposes or does it actually need to communicate to the camera? Can’t see why as the focus motor is all mechanical anyway? If it does need to communicate with the camera, would a usb c splitter work? So the splitter connected to the XT3 and then the anker power bank connected to one of the splitters usbc and the cable from the motor connected to the other?

Matt
2020-3-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Matt, with the Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C) connected, Ronin-SC is supposed to power up the X-T3 camera, it is not necessory to connect to a third-party powerbank to power up the camera.
To use the Focus motor, the Ronin-SC RSS Splitter is required which enables both camera control and power to the Ronin-SC Focus Motor simultaneously. RSS Splitter.png
2020-4-2
Use props
mattprinceuk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-2 01:13
Hi Matt, with the Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C) connected, Ronin-SC is supposed to power up the X-T3 camera, it is not necessory to connect to a third-party powerbank to power up the camera.
To use the Focus motor, the Ronin-SC RSS Splitter is required which enables both camera control and power to the Ronin-SC Focus Motor simultaneously.[view_image][Image]

Hi, I think I may have described my issue wrong. I have an anker battery to power my xt3. It’s connected to the usb c port on the xt3. Do I need to connect the focus motor to the usb c port aswell to get it to work? I don’t want to go back to batteries for the Fuji as I get 8hrs run time at least with the anker.
2020-4-2
Use props
mattprinceuk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-2 01:13
To use the Focus motor, the Ronin-SC RSS Splitter is required which enables both camera control and power to the Ronin-SC Focus Motor simultaneously.[view_image][Image]

Hi, I think I may have described my issue wrong. I have an anker battery to power my xt3. It’s connected to the usb c port on the xt3. Do I need to connect the focus motor to the usb c port aswell to get it to work? I don’t want to go back to batteries for the Fuji as I get 8hrs run time at least with the anker.
2020-4-2
Use props
mattprinceuk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Basically the xt3 only has 1 USB-C port and I’m using that for the anker battery. If I didn’t connect the cable from the rss to the usb c port would the focus motor still work?
2020-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules