How do they do the range tests? Do they do it legally?
1348 9 2020-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DOC_ASMR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 991171 ft
United States

Hello, my drone friends. I've seen videos of people doing range test of thier drones. (like the Phantoms, the mavics, even the inspires) I just want to know, and i ask you out of couriusity, do they do it legally??
2020-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Most of them probably don't.
2020-4-6
Use props
djiuser_8hEGLotImsTa
lvl.1
United States

FAA states your aircraft must be in Pilot's actual line of sight, at all times, with no more than eye glasses or contact lenses to aide vision. SO, they are not doing it legally.
2020-4-7
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

why not, its ok.
2020-4-8
Use props
Kywon McCain
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_8hEGLotImsTa Posted at 4-7 04:51
FAA states your aircraft must be in Pilot's actual line of sight, at all times, with no more than eye glasses or contact lenses to aide vision. SO, they are not doing it legally.

What do i do? Do i report them?
2020-4-23
Use props
sparkflier14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

You can do it, but if you cause damage or trouble and we’re flying beyond the faa limit, you are fully responsible. ie, if a plane or a commercial UAV hits your drone but it was past 400 ft altitude or out of your vlos, you are fully responsible for the damage. If you are in line of sight and if you purposefully caused a plane or commercial uav to hit your drone, it is your responsibility.
2020-4-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most countries require VLOS, so the only way to do this legally is to setup a lot of spotters along the route with communication back to the pilot, but mostly I still believe this is a grey area.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_8hEGLotImsTa
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-26 03:00
Most countries require VLOS, so the only way to do this legally is to setup a lot of spotters along the route with communication back to the pilot, but mostly I still believe this is a grey area.

The FAA does not allow spotters to take place of VLOS.  In some area the air traffic controlled air space is surface up to the ceiling of the class air space. There is instruments and software that can decode your drones ID when its in regulated, and restricted airspace. Most users don't realize this when they first start up their drone, they are actually providing info such as email, and home address for that purpose.  Drones are a great hobby, and a ton of fun, but at the end of the day, they are an aircraft, with great potential to cause harm, damage, and loss of life if flown recklessly.
2020-4-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_8hEGLotImsTa Posted at 4-26 13:10
The FAA does not allow spotters to take place of VLOS.  In some area the air traffic controlled air space is surface up to the ceiling of the class air space. There is instruments and software that can decode your drones ID when its in regulated, and restricted airspace. Most users don't realize this when they first start up their drone, they are actually providing info such as email, and home address for that purpose.  Drones are a great hobby, and a ton of fun, but at the end of the day, they are an aircraft, with great potential to cause harm, damage, and loss of life if flown recklessly.

So in the USA its not going to be legal then,  other countries allow spotters.
2020-4-27
Use props
Kywon McCain
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_8hEGLotImsTa Posted at 4-26 13:10

So how come they don't seem to get in trouble?
2020-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules