12Next >
3306 50 2020-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

After so many requests, updating the app seems very disappointing to me.
The much requested manual white balance has no preset like in the other Mavic, the sound or the vibration for excessive wind is useful but nothing resolutive.
The modification is missing to improve visibility in case of high external brightness, not to mention the raw support to the photos (perhaps under the responsibility of the firmware) and the active track (which I care very little about).
However for now the elephant has given birth to the mouse.
2020-4-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think most were looking for manual WB and that’s what we got , I mean it’s really very easy to set the WB to what your conditions are, not sure how sunny shade or anything else is so much better unless you film in same conditions all the time.

Modification missing for improved visibility ? What is that ?
Raw was never promised it is not available on the more expensive spark, so not sure if mini will ever get it.
Active track well it’s been explained many times that mini doesn’t have OA so unlikely to ever get AT.

I just hope that bugs causing craft to lower has been attended to .

Mavic mini is a mouse not an elephant, but if you’re looking for an elephant buy an inspire 1 that’s an elephant.
2020-4-1
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

So far I am not disappointed with the upgrade, but I am wondering whether or not the Android 10 instability has been resolved.
2020-4-1
Use props
snoopkakapo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106020 ft
Czechia

I'm also a little disappointed with this update. Manual white balance is good, but I expected manual shutter speed, manual ISO and flat profile as well.

The outline of the icons looks ugly, the readability doesn't improve, the subtle shadows looked much better.
2020-4-1
Use props
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

DJI has provided additional functionality and enhancements that were not part of the original specs.  You can be dissapointed in your decision to purchase the Mini but any additional functionality is a bonus.  Yes I would love to have RAW, Active Track, etc but I fully understood what I was getting when I bought the MM.
2020-4-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

snoopkakapo Posted at 4-1 11:06
I'm also a little disappointed with this update. Manual white balance is good, but I expected manual shutter speed, manual ISO and flat profile as well.

The outline of the icons looks ugly, the readability doesn't improve, the subtle shadows looked much better.

If You really need those features , maybe think of buying a drone that has them.
2020-4-1
Use props
snoopkakapo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106020 ft
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-1 11:16
If You really need those features , maybe think of buying a drone that has them.

Agreed, but the Mini is perfect for me especially for its size and compactness.

Manual video mode is something that it could really has, just like photo mode has it.
2020-4-1
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

m80116 Posted at 4-1 09:45
So far I am not disappointed with the upgrade, but I am wondering whether or not the Android 10 instability has been resolved.

no, at least the bug with airplane mode, that was causing the buttons on the RC to stop working and the flight mode change impossible, is still there. Actually i figured the issue is caused by disabling the bluetooth... not sure if the crash that boots the phone when drone connection is lost is still present
2020-4-1
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Italy

By visibility, I mean illegible icons in bright light conditions.
I didn't mention the changes to the drone's security and stability because I'm sure they relate to the firmware.
2020-4-1
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

IMO, Dji did everything they could under quarantine to release this update in March. It would be better to say thanks to them
2020-4-1
Use props
stubbietubbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119288 ft
Australia

Mate every time I see your profile photo I think of this:

2020-4-2
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 4-1 23:49
IMO, Dji did everything they could under quarantine to release this update in March. It would be better to say thanks to them

i actually disagree here. Software is one of the industries that's seen the lowest impact in terms of productivity in the current situation. And the feature mentioned here is no more than a black bar on the background of the image, it's a 1h job at most.
2020-4-2
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Ice_2k Posted at 4-2 00:07
i actually disagree here. Software is one of the industries that's seen the lowest impact in terms of productivity in the current situation. And the feature mentioned here is no more than a black bar on the background of the image, it's a 1h job at most.

1h job? You have absolutely no clue about software programming and QA!!

And the rest of your statement is as wrong as everything!!!
2020-4-2
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

well, i've only been doing it for 20 years so you're probably right )
2020-4-2
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Italy

If putting a dark background under the icons takes a long time, it takes 10 years to make an app
2020-4-2
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

Can't at that price can demand everything!
2020-4-2
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Ralle Posted at 4-2 00:38

I honestly don't understand this rhetoric. I would agree with the price argument when requesting additional features (not applicable to basic stuff, like the white balance issue) like active track. But being able to actually see the critical information like the battery level or gps signal strength really shouldn't fall under the "what do you expect at this price point" umbrella. It's 500$, not 30$. And it's DJI, not some noname drone.
2020-4-2
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Italy

Ralle Posted at 4-2 00:38

At the price I paid I REQUEST that everything works at the top.
The money was good, the drone must be the same.
On additional features we can discuss, I bet that if a competitive drone came out with everything we want, Dji would change politics.
2020-4-2
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

Renato61 Posted at 4-2 00:59
At the price I paid I REQUEST that everything works at the top.
The money was good, the drone must be the same.
On additional features we can discuss, I bet that if a competitive drone came out with everything we want, Dji would change politics.

bought the Mini I knew its features. The errors that are in the Mini should be corrected by the DJI. But one can demand from that price all the features that are requested here. Buy Someone Another Drone if you don't like the features!
2020-4-2
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Ralle Posted at 4-2 01:15
bought the Mini I knew its features. The errors that are in the Mini should be corrected by the DJI. But one can demand from that price all the features that are requested here. Buy Someone Another Drone if you don't like the features!

ok, so again, just to clarify. Being able to properly see the battery level and gps signal is considered by you to be a requested feature that is above the Mini's price point, correct?
2020-4-2
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

Ice_2k Posted at 4-2 01:26
ok, so again, just to clarify. Being able to properly see the battery level and gps signal is considered by you to be a requested feature that is above the Mini's price point, correct?

Like I said DJI needs to fix the errors! Additional features on them here are required or desired. I meant them for the price of the Mini
2020-4-2
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Occams Razor Posted at 4-1 11:14
DJI has provided additional functionality and enhancements that were not part of the original specs.  You can be dissapointed in your decision to purchase the Mini but any additional functionality is a bonus.  Yes I would love to have RAW, Active Track, etc but I fully understood what I was getting when I bought the MM.

Yes I agree.
2020-4-2
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Ice_2k Posted at 4-2 00:36
well, i've only been doing it for 20 years so you're probably right )

You are 100% right.
2020-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ralle Posted at 4-2 01:34
Like I said DJI needs to fix the errors! Additional features on them here are required or desired. I meant them for the price of the Mini

You will probably find that whining is very much part of this forum, I’m not young but I can completely make out what’s on my telemetry, if dji put this in Braille the same people would whine about this.
The simple fact is that out in very bright sunlight even using a 2000 nit crystalsky or smart controller you will have some difficulty seeing everything crystal clear, but it’s just as easy to see telemetry on a Mavic mini as it is to see telemetry of a Mavic 2 using the same device.
2020-4-2
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just wait for the next firmware update and then we‘ll see what new features we get, and what get fixed. I think dji will surprise us all with new cool festures, cause i believe this little drone can do much much more
2020-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Renato61 Posted at 4-1 23:26
By visibility, I mean illegible icons in bright light conditions.
I didn't mention the changes to the drone's security and stability because I'm sure they relate to the firmware.

You can see the telemetry on a Mavic mini just as good as you can see telemetry on a M2 using the same device.
If you’re using in direct sunlight with no hood you will have problems no matter what device you use, just get a cheap hood and use this in direct sunlight, it’ll cost less than €10 and many Mavic air,Mavic pro,phantom, mavic2, Spark use hoods for the very same reason it’s not going to be solved by a dark background, I can have a dark background on my phone but it’s still difficult to see in direct sunlight .
2020-4-2
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

you're right, I stand corrected. The battery level and satellites count on the Mini, are *just as easy* to see as they are on the Mavic 2. Sun is the only issue here. What's next? "Just point your gimbal down when you wanna see the battery level"?

2020-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 4-2 03:38
you're right, I stand corrected. The battery level and satellites count on the Mini, are *just as easy* to see as they are on the Mavic 2. Sun is the only issue here. What's next? "Just point your gimbal down when you wanna see the battery level"?

[view_image]

Put them in direct sunlight, you’re a fool who spends all his time here whining, get a life and get on with it, I’m a lot older than you and I can see battery level quite easy, whining is all you seem to do creating ridiculous hysteria over nothing, be happy you got a lot more than you paid for.
2020-4-2
Use props
captqbec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

...am confident it'll be addressed in next releases but using a hood here fixes this issue whenever needed.
2020-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 4-2 03:38
you're right, I stand corrected. The battery level and satellites count on the Mini, are *just as easy* to see as they are on the Mavic 2. Sun is the only issue here. What's next? "Just point your gimbal down when you wanna see the battery level"?

[view_image]

I think anyone who flys other dji craft using a phone would delight in the sheer clean look of the fly app, and if you can’t see 98 in top then you shouldn’t be in charge of a drone.
2020-4-2
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 04:20
Put them in direct sunlight, you’re a fool who spends all his time here whining, get a life and get on with it, I’m a lot older than you and I can see battery level quite easy, whining is all you seem to do creating ridiculous hysteria over nothing, be happy you got a lot more than you paid for.

uuuu, hallmark failed to provide a decent argument and resorted to just insulting his way out of it. Shocker!
2020-4-2
Use props
Corger
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 04:20
Put them in direct sunlight, you’re a fool who spends all his time here whining, get a life and get on with it, I’m a lot older than you and I can see battery level quite easy, whining is all you seem to do creating ridiculous hysteria over nothing, be happy you got a lot more than you paid for.

I'm using an iPhone 6 and it's illegible under most circumstances.  My ten year old can't see the battery level and his vision is perfect.   I've even tried someone's larger iPhone X and it barely helps.

You don't know what Ice_2k's mobile phone, screen size, screen brightness, and lighting conditions are.  Yet you claim to know better than he and resort to bullying and name calling.  Not only are you due a public admonishment, I think you are due another ban.
2020-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Corger Posted at 4-2 04:54
I'm using an iPhone 6 and it's illegible under most circumstances.  My ten year old can't see the battery level and his vision is perfect.   I've even tried someone's larger iPhone X and it barely helps.

You don't know what Ice_2k's mobile phone, screen size, screen brightness, and lighting conditions are.  Yet you claim to know better than he and resort to bullying and name calling.  Not only are you due a public admonishment, I think you are due another ban.

Are you honestly saying you cant see all telemetry above in picture I have posted, if you’re talking direct sunlight that’s a different matter and it’s also very difficult to see all telemetry from dji drones, so pictures posted where completely misleading as someone who owns other dji craft when using mobile device I have to use a hood in direct sunlight and this is normal for everyone.
You have a iPhone 6 well that’s your choice if you can’t see get a hood or a different device.

You come on like a school teacher, who put you in charge of chastising everybody, you don’t know why I got banned , if calling someone a fool offends you, that’s your problem , but it’s totally ridiculous listening to the same person who has done nothing but complain about this craft, it seems nothing can be done to make him happy and yes fool is exactly what he is and it looks like you’re not far behind.
2020-4-2
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Corger Posted at 4-2 04:54

You don't know what Ice_2k's mobile phone, screen size, screen brightness, and lighting conditions are.  Yet you claim to know better than he and resort to bullying and name calling.  Not only are you due a public admonishment, I think you are due another ban.

wanna know the absolute irony? Our friend hallmark recently posted "don't argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience". Seems like we both fell short of his standards )

I actually went to the trouble of unpacking the drone, going outside, launching it and taking a photo of the phone showing that while the battery/gps is impossible to read, the frame rate (which has a dark background) is very easy to read. But now I realize I'm again falling short of hallmark's own standards and if the screenshots above didn't convince him that a black background clearly makes things better, this won't either. So just let him be...
2020-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 4-2 04:50
uuuu, hallmark failed to provide a decent argument and resorted to just insulting his way out of it. Shocker!

So you’re argument was you couldn’t see telemetry, can you point to what telemetry you cannot see in picture I posted, I’m convinced Stevie Wonder can see it.
You tried to post two ridiculous photos taken on a cloudy day completely out of sunshine, so no argument there.
Difference between you and I is , you think whining will get you everything , so spend your time throwing your toys out of the Pram like a spoilt child. I can get on with things and call a spade a spade.
And it’s great to see others agreeing here, so maybe quit the know it all and stop whinging.
2020-4-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 05:17
Are you honestly saying you cant see all telemetry above in picture I have posted, if you’re talking direct sunlight that’s a different matter and it’s also very difficult to see all telemetry from dji drones, so pictures posted where completely misleading as someone who owns other dji craft when using mobile device I have to use a hood in direct sunlight and this is normal for everyone.
You have a iPhone 6 well that’s your choice if you can’t see get a hood or a different device.

Actually I have difficulty for other reasons.  When flying out-of-doors WITH a skyline horizon, the brightness, above ground, washes out the WHITE TEXT.  No sunshade will improve the fact that the text is invisible because of the bright, above-horizon image.  

I want to be able to change the text to a dark color.
2020-4-2
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 4-2 06:00
Actually I have difficulty for other reasons.  When flying out-of-doors WITH a skyline horizon, the brightness, above ground, washes out the WHITE TEXT.  No sunshade improves the fact that the text is invisible because of the bright, above-horizon image.  

This is it exactly.
2020-4-2
Use props
fans3ef7187b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Actually I have difficulty for other reasons.  When flying out-of-doors WITH a skyline horizon, the brightness, above ground, washes out the WHITE TEXT.  No sunshade improves the fact that the text is invisible because of the bright, above-horizon image.  

hmmm, makes lotsa sense...
2020-4-2
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Italy

I agree.......
2020-4-2
Use props
namloc
New

Ireland

Hi - quick Q. On the Fly App when doing video editing i don't have the options for the music for rhythm and the music track isn't on the screen - I've seen it on youtube tutorials so not sure why I don't see it?

2020-4-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules