2305 23 2020-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 587969 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

As a follow up on this topic about a new Mavic 2 pro bought from a official dealer sealed in box that came full of scratches and a gimbal that looked used and got exchanged for a so called new Mavic 2 pro which also came with a refurbished camera. So paid for new never got new.

Well, today I bought a new Mavic 2 pro to keep in my car as a 2nd camera which is always near me. From a different official dealer. New and in a sealed box..
Guess what..
Again scratched, a gimbal/camera that looks used/refurbished and scratches all over the body and a small crack in the lower infrared window.

So to warn all you potential buyers, in Europe, all the Mavic 2 pro’s are refurbished models that ar being sold as new!

This is the 3rd Mavic 2 pro that I unpacked from a sealed box which is not new!

What is going on DJI?? Did you guys completely lost every respect for the customer?
Im done with this brand now!
Sending this unit back and getting my money back.  

This was the topic from a few weeks ago:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=208941&mobile=2

61EEEB2E-FA50-4DA4-82CD-36DE1D832B2C.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
2020-4-1
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Quality control at DJI is very bad and my post about it got deleted!

Hi,

As a follow up on this topic about a new Mavic 2 pro bought from a official dealer sealed in box that came full of scratches and a gimbal that looked used and got exchanged for a so called new Mavic 2 pro which also came with a refurbished camera. So paid for new never got new.

Well, today I bought a new Mavic 2 pro to keep in my car as a 2nd camera which is always near me. From a different official dealer. New and in a sealed box..
Guess what..
Again scratched, a gimbal/camera that looks used/refurbished and scratches all over the body and a small crack in the lower infrared window.

So to warn all you potential buyers, in Europe, all the Mavic 2 pro’s are refurbished models that ar being sold as new!

This is the 3rd Mavic 2 pro that I unpacked from a sealed box which is not new!

What is going on DJI?? Did you guys completely lost every respect for the customer?
Im done with this brand now!
Sending this unit back and getting my money back.  
2020-4-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First your thread is still there, in fact including this thread you now have 3, and it seems you have been the most unlucky purchaser of a Mavic pro2, but I suppose you’re getting your money back, I don’t believe dji are continually sending out drones that are purportedly new in such condition, but it seems it only happens to you.
I’m not sure reading all your other threads why you would continue to purchase from dji if you believe this is normal for them, once bitten twice shy and 3 times a charm .
2020-4-1
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 4-1 12:00
First your thread is still there, in fact including this thread you now have 3, and it seems you have been the most unlucky purchaser of a Mavic pro2, but I suppose you’re getting your money back, I don’t believe dji are continually sending out drones that are purportedly new in such condition, but it seems it only happens to you.
I’m not sure reading all your other threads why you would continue to purchase from dji if you believe this is normal for them, once bitten twice shy and 3 times a charm .

Hi Hallmark,

The only reason i buy the Mavic 2 pro is that, at the moment, its the only drone with a decent camera. And I need a camera with wings professionally.

I am not the only one with this experience, 2 of my go to shops warn customers that this can happen and are getting a lot of Mavic’s back with sort like reasons.
One of the stores, big chain, is quiting the DJI brand because they are done with all the extra work they have to put in it with all the warranty claims.

And this post is intended to warn potential customers against getting in to this mess of a lottery.

Like said before, this is not an isolated problem!

Waiting for Autel to come in.

2020-4-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 4-1 12:09
Hi Hallmark,

The only reason i buy the Mavic 2 pro is that, at the moment, its the only drone with a decent camera. And I need a camera with wings professionally.

Autel only for sale in US, does not conform to CE regs and if you don’t have by July you need to sit test as well as practical.
But I wish you luck if you can get one .
2020-4-1
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

As always, you speak in bluff and half truths...

Take a look my friend:

https://www.swedron.se/gb/250-autel-evo-2
2020-4-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 4-1 12:37
As always, you speak in bluff and half truths...

Take a look my friend:

I think if you check out orignaldobo on you tube an ambassador for Autel you will see what I’m talking about they are not CE version , but maybe come back and show us.
2020-4-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 4-1 12:09
Hi Hallmark,

The only reason i buy the Mavic 2 pro is that, at the moment, its the only drone with a decent camera. And I need a camera with wings professionally.

If you don't like the Mavic, the Phantom 4 pro is a perfectly good option.
Its camera is at least as good as the one on the Mavic.

Waiting for Autel to come in.

You might be waiting a long time (for something that might not be as good).
They've been promising a 1 inch sensor camera for years but still not released any.
2020-4-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ferdi, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, upon checking the picture you provided, the marks in the aircraft seems to be caused during the transportation, could you please try to clean the surface and see if the marks disappears? For the scratches in the gimbal protector, it could be caused by the collision and the friction between the gimbal and protector in transit, the friction will not affect the function of the product. Thanks for your understanding.
By the way, your previous thread wad not deleted, you posted in Osmo section, that may be the reason you couldn't find it. But we merged these two threads because they are duplicated.
2020-4-1
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 4-1 12:49
I think if you check out orignaldobo on you tube an ambassador for Autel you will see what I’m talking about they are not CE version , but maybe come back and show us.
And again your words are bluff and worthless..

Why even respond? Im curious about your hidden Agenda my friend..

And show us? You are always talking for everyone somehow, but please talk for your self, ok?

But take a look at this email from the European distributor:
0CB3C184-6606-40E5-80B5-ACEDC414ACC9.jpeg
2020-4-2
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 4-1 14:50
If you don't like the Mavic, the Phantom 4 pro is a perfectly good option.
Its camera is at least as good as the one on the Mavic.

Thanks for the tip!
The Phantom might be a good option, thanks!

About the Autel drone, the 8k has just been released, and the evo 2 pro with 1 inch sensor is going to be released around april 25th. At least, thats what the european distributer has said. But you are right, is does not have a track record yet..
2020-4-2
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for merging the posts.
The scratches cant me rubbed off.
And the crooked circulair side plates on the horizontal axis of the camera/gimbal assembly is an indication that it has been opened and worked on. That is what DJI told me a few months ago.

And the scratches on the gimbal cover is an indication that it has been used. The free movement/tolerance of the camera when locked in the cover is way smaller than the length of the scratches. And is impossible to make scratches of this kind during transport.

And like said before, this is not an isolated problem, both dealers i deal with are confirming this and having to deal with lost time spending it with customers coming back with sort like issues
2020-4-2
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Unfortunately, I've heard of other reported cases like this, where proper QA wasn't done.  It doesn't happen to everyone, though it happens enough.  Refurbished is passed off an 'brand new', for brand new prices.  Get it direct from DJI.  I purchased my Mavic Air from a seller online and it was new.  The case had a smell of being in storage for a long time though.
2020-4-2
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

So there were reports of this when the mavic 2 pro first came out....... it goes like this, the gimble clamp sucks apparently multiple people have complained about it especially in the beginning at launch but nothing has changed and will change just the way it goes does it suck yes especially when we pay this much money for a product but really there's nothing you can do.... Basically the clamp scratchs the camera (from rubbing/to tight a tolerance between gimbal clamp and top/bottom of camera) and the gimbal clamp itself will have scratch's just like your photo.... it's just a crappy design and you won't find a camera on a mavic 2 pro without the scratches.... they all ship with the gimbal clamp on so by the time it gets to us the consumer, it already has cosmetic scratches ....
2020-4-2
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Follow up:

The store exchanged it for a new one, so I unpacked 4 Mavic 2 pro’s in total now.
Can we assume now that all Mavic 2 pro’s lack quality and have issues and that DJI does not care?
I made a video of the unpacking of the sealed box and uploading it to youtube.

Again, scratches on the camera and body.
Again crooked gimbal circulair side plates which indicates that it has been worked on and is refurbished.
1st Mavic bought from store A, 2nd one came from DJI, 3rd came from store B and the 4th was an exchange from store B.
All with huge quality issues, scratches, and worked on camera/gimbal assembly.

This is not a coincidence anymore and we can assume that DJI has issues in assembly/production an quality control and make money out of selling products that are of less quality compared to the same product when it was just released. And I expect that when the outside of the Mavic 2 pro lacks quality the inside could have sort like issues

And the DJI logo picture perfectly Symbolizes at what level the quality has sunken.
Posting the video a.s.a.p. and posting the rest of the scratches later.

64CABF01-52AD-47EB-B758-A3F1C79BAA04.jpeg
854AAF51-3E25-4D36-9C33-416CABAF1444.jpeg
AF06B1DE-9160-4D49-B19B-6D09A93B36AA.jpeg
0D062F63-88CB-46EF-9707-4B05DFB1E0D1.jpeg
3BD5485F-9C71-477B-8595-D82ED9605A01.jpeg
2020-4-4
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 4-4 08:47
Follow up:

The store exchanged it for a new one, so I unpacked 4 Mavic 2 pro’s in total now.

Nothing is perfect in life, suck it up and get out flying. You are too picky.
2020-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 4-4 08:47
Follow up:

The store exchanged it for a new one, so I unpacked 4 Mavic 2 pro’s in total now.

I agree with Geebax, it’s also strange there is hardly a mark on your gimbal, but it looks like the gimbal guard has been dragged through a grinder or at the very least been taken off and put back on 30/50 times, if this came to you like that those scratches didn’t come from that gimbal, so something very odd here wouldn’t you think, the rest of the stuff is pretty petty .
2020-4-4
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 4-4 15:48
I agree with Geebax, it’s also strange there is hardly a mark on your gimbal, but it looks like the gimbal guard has been dragged through a grinder or at the very least been taken off and put back on 30/50 times, if this came to you like that those scratches didn’t come from that gimbal, so something very odd here wouldn’t you think, the rest of the stuff is pretty petty .

Thats why i made a video of the unboxing, for exactly these kind of insinuations
2020-4-4
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 4-4 14:52
Nothing is perfect in life, suck it up and get out flying. You are too picky.

To picky? With tons of respect i do not agree
This is exactly whats wrong with consumer behavior these days, taking BS from companies and let them sell garbage. No one should accept this and it is to us, the customer, to not accept this.

I am not a materialistic person, the only stuff i own are my skydive and base jump gear, my piloting gear (as in real airplanes), my phone and ipad and my camera gear, incl. Drones.
And i am used to, especially with gear to use up in the sky, that quality is perfect, and nothing less. If one would accept less in an environment like thousands of feet up in the sky, one could die, it is simple as that.
Now with a unmanned drone no pilot can die, but, it is flying and still can hurt people.
And when DJI has a lot of trouble to keep quality at a level that it once had (because until 1 year ago most Mavic 2 pro’s where just fine)  one has to take in account that the quality of the avionics/electronics could also be of a lesser quality. And that can create a situation where  people can get hurt.

Further more, when one buys a new product one should receive a new product and should not accept less. When buying a new car which is scratched, or a new smartphone or whatever no one would accept scratches.

Fact is that DJI has a hard time, or just does not care, to keep the quality of the products on a higher level.
It is disrespectful to the customer and can create dangerous situations.
DJI should understand that they are making products that are being used in an aviation environment , an environment where there is no place for discussions about quality and should always be of a high standard. It is no toy and DJI should take quality more serious. and should only sell products that fits the heavy price tag.
We pay a lot of money, and for that money one should expect high quality, pristine and safe products.
Aviation demands high quality, and for a good reason.
If DJI cant keep up the high standards it should stick to toy robots.
2020-4-5
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Post Scriptum:

DJI wants to sell aviation products, than nothing less than perfect is accepted.
And what worries me too is how DJI handled this issues from the beginning, not taking it seriously and sticking to scripted/robot customer care without any effort to fix the issue. Branding, branding strategy is the only concern. And dont get me wrong, i understand that efficiency is key in any organization, and keeping costs down is healthy for any company and especially in these day’s a lot of companies a struggling to keep their heads up and survive. And I wish every company good business and a lot of profit. And i was a huge fan of DJI, fan of the products, fan of the high level of innovation and the ofcourse  the type of products they made. There was no company which i would have love to see to succeed! But lately DJI does not deliver anymore and dont know whats going on.
Fact is im getting poor quality and it is not an isolated problem anymore.
No company is perfect and i do not expec
2020-4-5
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

for sure DJI remarketing the refurbished drones with the price tag cheaper than the "virgin drone".
if you bought ,as you said from the official dealer , please recheck or validate if the shop is genuine dealer or not ,some  shops are collecting the refurbished drones  an sell as "original"  this is very common issue.
Secondly , if the shop is genuine dealer, they have policy of replacement within 14 days without any condition , at least this is available in Hong Kong Flagship store.
Do not buy any drone from Amazon ,ebay or whatever, whoever seller which you can not contact physically or if they dont offer unconditional return within 7-14 days.   

2020-4-5
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

akozc Posted at 4-5 02:20
for sure DJI remarketing the refurbished drones with the price tag cheaper than the "virgin drone".
if you bought ,as you said from the official dealer , please recheck or validate if the shop is genuine dealer or not ,some  shops are collecting the refurbished drones  an sell as "original"  this is very common issue.
Secondly , if the shop is genuine dealer, they have policy of replacement within 14 days without any condition , at least this is available in Hong Kong Flagship store.

Thanks for the tip my friend!
But all Mavics came from big trustworthy chain dealers. And one came from DJI. And all with exact the same issues. It is clear that the Mavic 2 pro is near the end of mass production and something els is around the corner. And my theory is that  al the tools/stamps/molds etc.  used in production are worn and tolerances are not that precise anymore and not capable of producing the same quality as it once did, I assume that DJI knows this and is one of the reasons the price of the Mavic 2 has dropped. Further more i think that they stopped producing new Hasselblad cameras for the mavic 2 pro and use only remanufactured/reassembled/refurbished camera/gimbal assembly's  And selling them as new.

2020-4-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 4-5 00:25
Post Scriptum:

DJI wants to sell aviation products, than nothing less than perfect is accepted.

"DJI wants to sell aviation products, than nothing less than perfect is accepted."

Get a grip on yourself (or better still, let go!) they are not selling aviation products, they are selling toys.
2020-4-5
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 4-5 20:22
"DJI wants to sell aviation products, than nothing less than perfect is accepted."

Get a grip on yourself (or better still, let go!) they are not selling aviation products, they are selling toys.
Certainly do not agree. DJI products are a part of the shared airspace, more and more and with the number of DJI products flying around it is a very fast growing part of aviation.
Not taking this serious is asking for accidents to happen.

And when EASA, FAA and big ol’ ICAO is making legislation, it is logical to conclude that it is a part of aviation. Its not even a point of discussion...

And lets nog neglect the fact that DJI is selling Mavic 2 pro’s with lower than standar quality these days. The last dealer even tried to warn me about this fact.. Again, this is not an isolated situation.

And for sure im not letting go.
With a price tag of around 1500 Euro’s, which i do not mind paying, one should not accept below standard quality. It is people like you that make companies think they can get away with this.

If this was about an Apple product in a sort like context it would be in the news, globally. Not that it should, but it would.
2020-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules