green coloration on left side of recordings
1502 14 2020-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

Last night i did my first flight in low light/night and took some pictures to create a panorama, I noticed some of the street lights that should be yellow were green, i then checked the video footage i took and could see that the left side of the video was green and this remained green as i panned around the scene. Ive just taken some videos in my bedroom with low light and the green is evident on the left side. Someone else was having an issue with blue on one side and i beleive the advice given was use 30fps instead of 60, both the shots i took tonight and videos taken last night were also 30fps.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18lyR4WX8i-DS5Dp6oMs-ZTZxP31tIj7U

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yV3prn2F-Gdn3GudCSzlL7Arx8UVeBJ1

any suggestions?

2020-4-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Can't see anything, it says the clip is zipped ...
2020-4-1
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

strange, i just checked on a browser im not logged into google drive on and both video links work, the image link seems to be none functioning

this is the video shot last night, you can see the left side of the screen has a green colouration compared with the rest of the frame that has a more purple tint
2020-4-1
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2020-4-1
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Amazing aerial pictures .

The trouble I think comes from a biased image sensor, we've already seen that in other Mavic Mini(s). My unit for example, a Nov. 2019 production, is unaffected. Despite not being that much of a drone for dimly lit scenes I quite enjoyed it but a fault like that would probably make me re-evaluate my options.
Now thinking about it it might be easier than expected to fix it (to a decent degree) in post and editing (images and videos) yet far from an ideal situation.
2020-4-1
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

m80116 Posted at 4-1 13:29
Amazing aerial pictures .

The trouble I think comes from a biased image sensor, we've already seen that in other Mavic Mini(s). My unit for example, a Nov. 2019 production, is unaffected. Despite not being that much of a drone for dimly lit scenes I quite enjoyed it but a fault like that would probably make me re-evaluate my options.

I responded to you on the other thread: the video you posted on #6 actually does appear to have a green tint on the bottom-left corner. Maybe it's just because you have lights on the left side of the frame, but you can clearly see something very similar to the "blue shadow" Luca was complaining about.
Here is what I mean (more visible in a dark room, on a good monitor):

2020-4-1
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-1 17:55
I responded to you on the other thread: the video you posted on #6 actually does appear to have a green tint on the bottom-left corner. Maybe it's just because you have lights on the left side of the frame, but you can clearly see something very similar to the "blue shadow" Luca was complaining about.
Here is what I mean (more visible in a dark room, on a good monitor):

yeah i fear its the same issue but dropping down to 30fps as was advised in that thread has no effect on the green area on my MM as all the videos showing this in mine are in 30fps. also the only light source in my room when doing these tests was a small lamp directly behind the MM, you can also see the green area follows the drone as it turns always remaining in the same area.

Its starting to look like this is a manufacturing defect as the blue area noticed in the other thread is in the exact same area im seeing the green tint

2020-4-2
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Bezik Posted at 4-2 01:00
yeah i fear its the same issue but dropping down to 30fps as was advised in that thread has no effect on the green area on my MM as all the videos showing this in mine are in 30fps. also the only light source in my room when doing these tests was a small lamp directly behind the MM, you can also see the green area follows the drone as it turns always remaining in the same area.

Its starting to look like this is a manufacturing defect as the blue area noticed in the other thread is in the exact same area im seeing the green tint

I do consider the green tint to be a defect. I've done limited testing, but on my MM it only happens in very dark environments, when the camera is bumping up the ISO. It does not bother me enough to call DJI and start a warranty claim.

PS: you can try and go down to 25fps, that might help keeping the ISO low and reducing the green tint.
2020-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Bezik, may I know the current firmware version of the drone and the app? You can provide a screenshot of the firmware info. Look forward to hear your reply.
2020-4-2
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 4-2 20:34
Hi Bezik, may I know the current firmware version of the drone and the app? You can provide a screenshot of the firmware info. Look forward to hear your reply.

2020-4-2
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

You didn't have much light to start with and I'm straining to find anything green on the left. But there seems to be some green lawn on the right
2020-4-3
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 4-3 00:23
You didn't have much light to start with and I'm straining to find anything green on the left. But there seems to be some green lawn on the right

its there in all the videos and pictures taken under lower light conditions, if you check the video on reply 8 in this thread u can see what im talking about easier as i boosted the exposure in post, the pano picture was taken with a large number of shots stitched together, the green can be seen in the street lights and lights of the school in the lower centre, all the lights should be yellow but some are green, this is caused by those lights being on the lower left of the images that were spliced together to create the pano
2020-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thank you for your reply. I had confirmed this issue with our engineers. This may happen in low light environments with high ISO setting. It doesn't exist when shooting in normal light environment.
We'll optimize the case with a firmware update, please wait patiently. Thank you for your report and support.
2020-4-3
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 4-3 01:20
Thank you for your reply. I had confirmed this issue with our engineers. This may happen in low light environments with high ISO setting. It doesn't exist when shooting in normal light environment.
We'll optimize the case with a firmware update, please wait patiently. Thank you for your report and support.

is this a problem with all mavic mini sensors or only some? I only ask as i have until the 21st of this month to return to the store i purchased from for a full refund.
2020-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bezik Posted at 4-3 01:37
is this a problem with all mavic mini sensors or only some? I only ask as i have until the 21st of this month to return to the store i purchased from for a full refund.

Hi Bezik, I am terribly sorry for the delay. This issue can be easily reproduced in low light environments. Software update can help solve the issue. You can wait for the firmware update.
2020-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules