Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Update Kills Phantom 4
1126 5 2020-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb42df09b
lvl.1

United States

Hi All,

I am interesting in buying a Phantom 4 from someone who said it no longer flies after a software update made it impossible to calibrate. This would be my first drone and I think its a good deal. I know nothing about drones other than what they do but I am a reasonably technical guy and figure I could figure it out with time and patience. But is this anything someone has heard of before?
2020-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your interest in DJI products, the firmware and the software of Phantom 4 Pro are fine, if the drone you are going to purchase is not working, we recommend to be careful. You may need to pay for the repair if it needs a repair service when its warranty period has been expired.
2020-4-3
Use props
bljoseph
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-3 00:29
Thanks for your interest in DJI products, the firmware and the software of Phantom 4 Pro are fine, if the drone you are going to purchase is not working, we recommend to be careful. You may need to pay for the repair if it needs a repair service when its warranty period has been expired.

Thanks. I got it and am taking a risk (hopefully small).  I have one phantom 4 that has crashed whcih could be used for spare parts and one that doesn't look to have any physical damage but has an ESC error and asks me to repeatedly calibrate.  I reboot as it says but it keeps doing it repeatedly. I am looking for advice on the repair process and cost. I know very little about repair but if this is a motor replacement for all for what would be a rough cost part/labor to repair something like this?
2020-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

bljoseph Posted at 4-4 15:44
Thanks. I got it and am taking a risk (hopefully small).  I have one phantom 4 that has crashed whcih could be used for spare parts and one that doesn't look to have any physical damage but has an ESC error and asks me to repeatedly calibrate.  I reboot as it says but it keeps doing it repeatedly. I am looking for advice on the repair process and cost. I know very little about repair but if this is a motor replacement for all for what would be a rough cost part/labor to repair something like this?

If the ESC error keeps persisting, please try to refresh its firmware. If there is no luck, the drone may need a repair service, for the cost of the repair, you may refer to the price here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2020-4-7
Use props
bljoseph
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-7 00:15
If the ESC error keeps persisting, please try to refresh its firmware. If there is no luck, the drone may need a repair service, for the cost of the repair, you may refer to the price here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry

Unfortunately that link is not working. 404
2020-4-8
Use props
djiuser_XbeNjzyDvG5R
lvl.1

United States

Quick question - I can't even figure out how to get permission to start a new thread.
The question - is the Phantom 4 Pro controller compatible with the original Phantom 4?  Are there any other controllers that are compatible with the original Phantom 4?
2020-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules