Spark Batt wont charge, 4 times 2 blink lights
20478 18 2020-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveDaka
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi There!

Since today i started having issues with my batteries. Suddenly my charging station does not charge anymore and when i try to charge 1 of my 2 batteries it is not how it has been in the past.

1 battery will show me nothing, the other one is showing me the first 2 lights blinking for 4 times and then it stops for a bit and repeats. i cannot turn my spark on, so i have no idea what to do.

Old threats show me that this problem has been here for a while and maybe i just missed the solution.

Please advise me on what to do and if i need to buy new batteries.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Ps. I have no idea if i still have warranty, so lets assume i have not haha!
2020-4-2
Use props
DaveDaka
lvl.1

Netherlands

Just to add the only way of getting the blinking lights is to charge direct to my spark. I do not get this reaction when i charge it trough the station.
2020-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DaveDaka Posted at 4-2 10:16
Just to add the only way of getting the blinking lights is to charge direct to my spark. I do not get this reaction when i charge it trough the station.

Can you actually charge batteries in your craft ?
2020-4-2
Use props
DaveDaka
lvl.1

Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 10:22
Can you actually charge batteries in your craft ?

I just put the battery in the spark and connect it trough the cable to the power. Normally it would charge it.
2020-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DaveDaka Posted at 4-2 10:24
I just put the battery in the spark and connect it trough the cable to the power. Normally it would charge it.

I picked up this video from you tube, it sounds very familiar if batteries are older than six months they are out of warranty depending on how often you used them.

Check out the video.

2020-4-2
Use props
DaveDaka
lvl.1

Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 10:33
I picked up this video from you tube, it sounds very familiar if batteries are older than six months they are out of warranty depending on how often you used them.

Check out the video.

You are Great! This is exactly what i have, except that it doesnt even do it on the charging hub. So what do you think? i need to buy new batteries ?
EDIT: We use the spark to hover on buildings that we are renovating. its been used a lot and to be honest my colleague (owner of the Spark) is not that carefull with handling the batteries and discharging or updating the aircraft. So it has seen hard working conditions though haha!
2020-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DaveDaka Posted at 4-2 10:53
You are Great! This is exactly what i have, except that it doesnt even do it on the charging hub. So what do you think? i need to buy new batteries ?
EDIT: We use the spark to hover on buildings that we are renovating. its been used a lot and to be honest my colleague (owner of the Spark) is not that carefull with handling the batteries and discharging or updating the aircraft. So it has seen hard working conditions though haha!

I would purchase new ones they are relatively cheap.

You could try completely depleating them and then recharging but not sure if it will be successful or safe .
2020-4-2
Use props
DaveDaka
lvl.1

Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 10:59
I would purchase new ones they are relatively cheap.

You could try completely depleating them and then recharging but not sure if it will be successful or safe .

Yeah here they are around €55 each. i think ill pickup some tomorrow then! Thank you so much for the fast replies! Have a great night!
2020-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DaveDaka Posted at 4-2 11:04
Yeah here they are around €55 each. i think ill pickup some tomorrow then! Thank you so much for the fast replies! Have a great night!

No problem, stay safe.
2020-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We apologize for the troubles with the batteries, please try to charge for over one hour no matter via the aircraft or the station, if there is no luck, the batteries may be defective, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to check the warranty.
The battery is chemical product and needs to be taken good care of, please check more details here on how to maintain the battery: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/20170719/Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines/Spark_Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_V1.2_EN.pdf
2020-4-2
Use props
DaveDaka
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-2 18:47
We apologize for the troubles with the batteries, please try to charge for over one hour no matter via the aircraft or the station, if there is no luck, the batteries may be defective, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to check the warranty.
The battery is chemical product and needs to be taken good care of, please check more details here on how to maintain the battery: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/20170719/Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines/Spark_Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_V1.2_EN.pdf

Thank you! I had contact with the support team, it seems that even after charging for 4 hours the batteries are still "dead". They have advised me to send them in! I have a warranty for 1 year on the batteries here in the Netherlands, so lucky me!

I will keep you updated about the problem, hopefully then we finally know what is causing this problem!

Have a great weekend all!
2020-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DaveDaka Posted at 4-3 01:58
Thank you! I had contact with the support team, it seems that even after charging for 4 hours the batteries are still "dead". They have advised me to send them in! I have a warranty for 1 year on the batteries here in the Netherlands, so lucky me!

I will keep you updated about the problem, hopefully then we finally know what is causing this problem!

That is great to know tfhe battery is still under warranty period, our repair center will help you out. If you need any assistance, please feel free to let us know.
2020-4-3
Use props
DaveDaka
lvl.1

Netherlands

Dear All,

I came to the conclusion that the batteries had just died?  Did not get the real problem from DJI, but the customer service is great! After a couple of days they gave me the notice that the batteries indeed were not working like they supposed to haha! They have send me 2 new ones (warranty).

Overall the process has been perfect and im enjoying the spark again!

Thank you for all the information!

Stay safe, kind regards,

Dave
2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DaveDaka Posted at 4-17 02:27
Dear All,

I came to the conclusion that the batteries had just died?  Did not get the real problem from DJI, but the customer service is great! After a couple of days they gave me the notice that the batteries indeed were not working like they supposed to haha! They have send me 2 new ones (warranty).

Glad to hear that you are pleased with our customer service, thank you so much for your kind words. Hope everything goes smoothly, best regards!
2020-4-17
Use props
djiuser_KChz4mdqzkdO
New
Thailand

Sorry to ask but mine has the same problem here, my spark batteries can't charge with 2 blinking dots 4 tims. I have two of them and both are the same  Their warranty just expired last year. What do I have to do? I don't want to buy a new one.
2020-7-16
Use props
Ariel Tołodziecki
New

Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-4-2 18:47
We apologize for the troubles with the batteries, please try to charge for over one hour no matter via the aircraft or the station, if there is no luck, the batteries may be defective, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to check the warranty.
The battery is chemical product and needs to be taken good care of, please check more details here on how to maintain the battery: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/20170719/Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines/Spark_Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_V1.2_EN.pdf

I contacted your support department and you told me that I should buy a new fucking support!!! hahahahaha it's a shame to talk!! this is my last DJ!!
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ariel Tołodziecki Posted at 11-15 23:32
I contacted your support department and you told me that I should buy a new fucking support!!! hahahahaha it's a shame to talk!! this is my last DJ!!

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you are using DJI Spark? If the battery is out of warranty period, we are unable to offer you warranty services or replace the battery for free. Did you try the methods above already?
2023-11-16
Use props
ktnsvm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23323 ft
United States

I have the same issue
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ktnsvm Posted at 11-20 09:20
I have the same issue

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you charged the batteries with different chargers? If you don't have spare chargers. you can try to charge it for a longer time. If the issue persists, please replace the batteries.
2023-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules