704 5 2020-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BostonKiwi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1201 ft
United States

Hi everyone,

I have moved house and have 2 dji spark batteries. It has been over a year since I last used the spark but now I cannot get the batteries to charge at all. I know its not the cable or charger as it charges my remote perfectly but when i plug in the spark I get no charging indicators whatsoever. Any advice?
2020-4-2
Use props
BostonKiwi
lvl.1
United States

Batteries not charging at all

Hi everyone,

I have moved house and have 2 dji spark batteries. It has been over a year since I last used the spark but now I cannot get the batteries to charge at all. I know its not the cable or charger as it charges my remote perfectly but when i plug in the spark I get no charging indicators whatsoever. Any advice?
2020-4-2
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Not an expert here but I've read that batteries that have been in sleep mode for a long time can take longer to wake up. If you leave them in the charger for one or two days, they might come back to life.
2020-4-2
Use props
BostonKiwi
lvl.1
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 4-2 11:36
Not an expert here but I've read that batteries that have been in sleep mode for a long time can take longer to wake up. If you leave them in the charger for one or two days, they might come back to life.

Thanks. Im charging from inside the drone as I dont have the charger and the tech service guys told me the batteries are probably dead. Im a bit mad that you can kill a battery by not using it
2020-4-2
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

BostonKiwi Posted at 4-2 15:53
Thanks. Im charging from inside the drone as I dont have the charger and the tech service guys told me the batteries are probably dead. Im a bit mad that you can kill a battery by not using it

There's a lot more to these batteries than double A's and triple A's so they need some maintenance that regular batteries don't need. From the Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines:

Battery Storage

1. Discharge the battery to 40-50 percent if it will not be used for 10 days or more. This can greatly extend the battery life.

2. Do not store the battery for an extended period after fully discharging it. Doing so may over-discharge the battery and cause irreparable battery cell damage.

3. The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period. Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation.

4. Remove batteries from the aircraft when stored for an extended period.

For what it's worth, I feel your pain. One of my four batteries died a while ago, probably because there was one time too many that I didn't follow DJI's guidelines.
2020-4-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi BostonKiwi, we are sorry to hear the issue with your batteries. Please refer to Prairie Chicken's replies, you are recommended to charge the batteries for a long time to check if it can be waked up or not.
For the battery maintenance, please refer to Spark Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines on DJI official web: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... delines_V1.2_EN.pdf

By the way, we provide 6 months warranty period for the batteries, you may refer to the DJI after-sales service policies from this link:
https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav

Should there anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.
2020-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules