Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SupBro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello DJI,

I flew my Mavic 2 today and noticed that prior to landing, the aircraft was not hovering as precisely as it normally is, without input from my controller's joysticks i.e. me, it amended, depended, moved to forward and backwards, slowly... has this happened to anyone else?

I'm hoping there isn't something wrong with the sensors. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
2020-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for what happened, was the GPS strong enough when you hovered the drone? Were you flying in open area without any magnetic interference? We recommended to test more in different places, you could also calibrate compass, IMU, joystick to see if it happens in every place.
2020-4-2
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hello Mindy,

Thank you for the quick response. I did perform a compass calibration prior to flying and Yes the GPS was showing 13 satellites. I would say the area was very open, the nearest building or structure was about 200ft . Away

I did not calibrate the IMU or joy sticks. Would you help me perform those?
2020-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SupBro Posted at 4-2 19:42
Hello Mindy,

Thank you for the quick response. I did perform a compass calibration prior to flying and Yes the GPS was showing 13 satellites. I would say the area was very open, the nearest building or structure was about 200ft . Away

IMU and joystick calibration can be found in DJI Go 4 APP. Please press the three dots on the top right corner, tap first aicraft icon to enter Main Controller Settings--Advanced Settings-- Sensors, you will find IMU calibration.
For the joystick calibration, please tap the RC icon-- Remote Controller Calibration.
Please do more tests in different place to see if it persists every time.
2020-4-3
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-3 19:33
IMU and joystick calibration can be found in DJI Go 4 APP. Please press the three dots on the top right corner, tap first aicraft icon to enter Main Controller Settings--Advanced Settings-- Sensors, you will find IMU calibration.
For the joystick calibration, please tap the RC icon-- Remote Controller Calibration.
Please do more tests in different place to see if it persists every time.

I've completed the IMU calibration, it seems to have fixed the problem! thanks for the help Mindy!
2020-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SupBro Posted at 4-10 19:04
I've completed the IMU calibration, it seems to have fixed the problem! thanks for the help Mindy!

It's good to know, stay safe.
2020-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules