Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photos Not Storing on SD Card on Mavic Mini
10500 15 2020-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snotrod
New
United States

I am able to take photos and videos from my mini but only the videos are showing up on the sd card.  There is plenty of space left on the sd card.  Is there a setting I can check so I can get to my stored photos?  I am accessing the photos and videos from the album section on the DJI app.  Please help!  Thanks
2020-4-2
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Are you accessing the files using a card reader on your device (computer)?  Remove the card from the drone and access it directly.
2020-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, may I double confirm if you are referring that the pictures are not saving on the SD card on the Android mobile device or on the drone? If the pictures are not saving on the SD card on the drone, please make sure that the pictures are taken successfully, and try to view it on the playback and see if they exist on the playback section. Or please provide a video of the issue, and provide the mobile device, firmware version, and the app version to me to check further about the case. Thank you.
2020-4-3
Use props
djiuser_nEVEY3eCU5MA
lvl.1
Portugal

the Mavic Mini stopped recording the photos at any resolution on the phone, it records the movies but not one photo, what's up?
2020-4-3
Use props
jperkmr954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1228609 ft
United States

Mine doesn't automatically bring photos over usually - I have to go in and download them - videos It looks like those auto transfer but I still download them - not sure but I think the resolution is better when you do that versus the Cache versions which I think are the auto transfers. Using a android s9 if that matters.
2020-4-3
Use props
Snotrod
New
United States

Akirasho Posted at 4-2 17:42
Are you accessing the files using a card reader on your device (computer)?  Remove the card from the drone and access it directly.

Thank you for your help.  I was just trying to take them off wirelessly.  I used a card reader and both type of files were on the card.  I found it odd that the wireless way did not show the photos but did show the videos.  Anyway, thank you for taking the time to respond.

George
2020-4-5
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can download the photos to your device without a card reader. While you are connected to the drone, from the fly screen go the gallery and it will show you all the photos and videos on the SD card. Download them from there and they store to the device. The photos and hi resolution videos don't automatically transfer to your device otherwise it could use all your device storage. The videos you see transferring automatically are lower resolution cache files.
2020-4-5
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

I down the card to my laptop regularly.   The data on your phone or  table may not be veritas.  Disconnects between the drone and the phone represent "lost" data on the phone.

Reading from the  card is fastest and downloads ensure saved data if the drone is lost.  I use a 128G card but would not fill it under normal circumstances.
2020-4-5
Use props
AliceSmith
lvl.2

China

You may accidentally lose your data, so you can't see it in the SD card. First of all, we must know whether the picture is still in the SD card.MobiKin Doctor for Android free trial version could conduct a deeply scanning on your SD card and list all photos on program windows.Then you can check if the photos still store on SD card.As for recovery,it's pro version could help recover it easily.
2020-4-6
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Snotrod Posted at 4-5 10:09
Thank you for your help.  I was just trying to take them off wirelessly.  I used a card reader and both type of files were on the card.  I found it odd that the wireless way did not show the photos but did show the videos.  Anyway, thank you for taking the time to respond.

George

There are a lot of things with this system that are odd. Get used to them ;-)
2020-4-6
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

deathsquad Posted at 4-5 14:06
You can download the photos to your device without a card reader. While you are connected to the drone, from the fly screen go the gallery and it will show you all the photos and videos on the SD card. Download them from there and they store to the device. The photos and hi resolution videos don't automatically transfer to your device otherwise it could use all your device storage. The videos you see transferring automatically are lower resolution cache files.

For me, only normal videos can be seen in the Fly's app album. Photos and quickshot videos do not appear there, for some weird reason so the only way to get them is to take the SD card out of the drone. This has been discussed before and it sort of "is what it is" until DJI decides to fix this issue (or until some of the other members here again tell us we should have bought one of the more expensive drones, whichever comes first).
2020-4-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A lot of people when craft lands turn it off, so not giving it a chance to download all videos and photos from that shooting jus carried out, admittedly it’s slow and sometimes you are just changing batteries, but if you wait eventually all will download to album.
2020-4-7
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 4-7 00:57
For me, only normal videos can be seen in the Fly's app album. Photos and quickshot videos do not appear there, for some weird reason so the only way to get them is to take the SD card out of the drone. This has been discussed before and it sort of "is what it is" until DJI decides to fix this issue (or until some of the other members here again tell us we should have bought one of the more expensive drones, whichever comes first).

You just have to download them. All data can be found in the gallery of the fly screen. Once downloaded it becomes available on the device. Otherwise your device would fill up quickly with all the pics and videos you take.
2020-4-7
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

deathsquad Posted at 4-7 12:39
You just have to download them. All data can be found in the gallery of the fly screen. Once downloaded it becomes available on the device. Otherwise your device would fill up quickly with all the pics and videos you take.

You can’t download them if they don’t show up *at all*

Check out this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-207818-1-1.html
2020-4-7
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 4-7 14:30
You can’t download them if they don’t show up *at all*

Check out this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-207818-1-1.html

Quickshots don't create video cache files. What I am saying is, while the drone is connected, after you take the shot, go to the SD card gallery from the fly screen, hit download and it is available on the device.
2020-4-7
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

deathsquad Posted at 4-7 14:44
Quickshots don't create video cache files. What I am saying is, while the drone is connected, after you take the shot, go to the SD card gallery from the fly screen, hit download and it is available on the device.

ok, thanks i'll check it out later today. I was under the impression you can only download stuff that is in your cache.
2020-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules