Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI MIMO record video to SD card instead of internal storage
14492 20 2020-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martin.ferenec
lvl.2
Slovenia

Is there any news on adding an option to record directly to the SD card instead of internal phone storage?
My problem is that I have only 4 GB left on the internal storage but the SD card has more than 60 GB of free space that is useless in this case.

2020-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi martin.ferenec, the storage location can be selected as long as your phone supports selecting. Please enter your Phone Settings and select the defaut storage location to SD Card. Then the picture and videos that Osmo Mobile 3 takes will be saved in SD Card.
2020-4-3
Use props
martin.ferenec
lvl.2
Slovenia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-3 23:19
Hi martin.ferenec, the storage location can be selected as long as your phone supports selecting. Please enter your Phone Settings and select the defaut storage location to SD Card. Then the picture and videos that Osmo Mobile 3 takes will be saved in SD Card.

I moved the app from Internal storage to the SD card and shot a test video in the app afterwards. It is still saving the video into the internal storage of my phone and not onto the SD card.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and other apps like Microsoft Office, Netflix,... do support saving its files onto the SD card.
2020-4-4
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mindy, even with a supported android phone, there is still no option to save video/pictures directly to an SD Card.   The DJI site says it is supported - which was critical when I bought the OSMO 3 - so now I plan to return it.   If you don't plan to support SD Card recording, then you should remove it from the specs and FAQ - because right now, it's false advertising.

LP
2020-4-11
Use props
SnitserNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2372014 ft
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-3 23:19

This is certainly not true, DJI Mindy, so please don't tell your customers otherwise. The Mimo app does not support saving to sd card, even if the smartphone supports selecting it.
All the other video apps on my phone support saving to sd card. The only app that does not allow this is the Mimo app.
2020-4-28
Use props
kkbeng5201
New
Malaysia

Hi, May I know how to enable Mimo app store my photo/video recording direct to SD card without changing my phone default storage location to SD? Other Apps allowed users to change storage location to SD within their Apps itself.
2020-11-22
Use props
keltik85
New

Germany

Fucking piece of bull... crap. This thing is worthless without external storage.
I want to slap the fuck out of these stupid DJI software devs.
2021-1-26
Use props
July21
New

Sweden

I have a Samsung galaxy S9 and unfortunately I cannot change the storage location of recorded videos and taken pictures in Mimo app to my SD-card. Very surprizing for me that this feature is not among other good features in Mimo app. I discovered this shortcoming after my first recording in 4K, which made my phone memory full. I bought the DJI OM4 a week ago, if I would know in advance about this shortcoming I would NOT buy this product.
DJI, please add this feature to Mimo app, many users need it and they ask for it. This will make your product even better and more demanded than what it is now.
2021-7-13
Use props
djiuser_PsUWDJhJsIN7
New
Australia

OM 4 using a galaxy note9, so tired everything to get videos to save in sd card...NO
I uninstalled mimo app, then I went to "my files" app/folder, in the "installation files" section I found the dji mino installation file that loads the actual app,.
Select it then at bottom of screen is an option to move. Select move.
Then back out of there and go to the sd card, open it and copy it into the sd card.
You can now press the installation and let it loads onto your phone again, you will have to login or subscribe...
Saved 20Gb in phone storage from app but videos still go to internal storage, but it might be different for other phone's
Still not a fix but maybe you might get a benefit.
2022-3-24
Use props
djiuser_PsUWDJhJsIN7
New
Australia

OM 4 using a galaxy note9, so tired everything to get videos to save in sd card...NO
I uninstalled mimo app, then I went to "my files" app/folder, in the "installation files" section I found the dji mino installation file that loads the actual app,.
Select it then at bottom of screen is an option to move. Select move.
Then back out of there and go to the sd card, open it and copy it into the sd card.
You can now press the installation and let it loads onto your phone again, you will have to login or subscribe...
Saved 20Gb in phone storage from app but videos still go to internal storage, but it might be different for other phone's
Still not a fix but maybe you might get a benefit.
2022-3-24
Use props
djiuser_XYmoflGn76Kv
New

Portugal

Preciso salvar os vídeos no memory card em meu samsung  s20 FE e não na memória do celular.
Por favor me diga como faz, caso não seja possível, eu não quero este equipamento inútil e vou devolver o DJI OM 4 SE.
2022-5-8
Use props
djiuser_XYmoflGn76Kv
New

Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-4-3 23:19

Preciso salvar os vídeos no memory card em meu samsung  s20 FE e não na memória do celular.
Por favor me diga como faz, caso não seja possível, eu não quero este equipamento inútil e vou devolver o DJI OM 4 SE.
2022-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_XYmoflGn76Kv Posted at 5-8 16:19

Hi there, please note that the storage path depends on your phone's setting. You can change the storage place of DJI Mimo to save the videos to your SD card.
2022-5-9
Use props
McPaHa
lvl.1

Finland

C'Mon... Saving external storage with Mimo & Android 11&12 is impossible. Please fix this!!! I've tried this with Galaxy S9+ and S20+ both devices are not capable saving data to the external card. And THIS IS NOT PHONE ISSUE. There is other apps which can save video & photo data to the ext sd-card but DJI Mimo app can't do that. FIX THAT!!! It useless app without ability to save ext sd-card. There is no enough space at phone internal memory.
2022-6-5
Use props
McPaHa
lvl.1

Finland

Mindy Cmon... thats not so true!!!! This not question about phone. My S9+ and S20+ can save video&photos from multiple other apps to the extrenal sd-card but DJI Mimo can't do that. Fix this!!!!
2022-6-5
Use props
djiuser_eoGlkVDECsU3
New

United States

Any update on this topic? Has DJI finally made a fix for  option to record directly to sd card instead of internal memory?
2022-6-15
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unable to save to SD card also... Samsung S9
2022-9-11
Use props
LucaIntini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Same here.
The app does not allow me to select where to save the photos and videos.
Changing the Saving location in Android DOES NOT  solve this problem
2022-11-20
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

So according to what DJi Mindy says, the SD card saving should take effect when moving the DJI Mimo app to SD card? Or is there some other procedure/toggle I should use to do that?

My phone has no SD card slot, but I recently got a tablet that does, and it sure would be handy to be able to use that if it was an option. The internal memory of the tablet itself is not that big, and having the option to use the SD card for transferring could make moving the files from one device to another easier.
2022-11-20
Use props
djiuser_Wq03aBYoLrsS
lvl.1

United States

Add the option to the app!!!!!!!!! WTFFF
2023-1-24
Use props
djiuser_4isvJf2tWd6S
New

United Kingdom

Still waiting for this feature.  DJI, any comment.
We neee to be able to transfer to external storage, not internal...
2023-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules