Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscb1972a5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I want to find out if I need to send this drone back in to DJI
I crashed a drone into the side of a building ( my fault ) and was replaced with another one, which I paid for instead of using the DJI Care.  It was send to Cerritos CA.
They send me either a new drone or a refurb.  I can't tell.
Anyway, right out of the box, turned it on.  Immediately, I got a request to calibrate.   It wouldn't let me calibrate.  Then an error came up for incompatible gimbal.  
I took it to DJI Assistant and updated the firmware.  Still the same error.  I posted this on MavicPilots forum.  I got several people saying they had the same thing happen.
One said they fixed it by bumping the nose 3 times.   I tried that and it actually worked.  But since this was new or refurb out of the box, I didn't want to take a chance and set up a case with DJI.  Due to the CoronaVirus issue, Cerritos has shut down.  They said that Texas was still taking drones for repair.  I think I will wait until Cerritos reopens.
I have taken it out into a parking lot and tested it.  It hovers, flies straight, yaws correctly.  I haven't flown it over 25 feet. just in case.
My question is, which so far nobody has actually answered,  with this bumping the nose seeming to fix the issue and all seems well at the moment, will this happen again and would it be a good thing to blow the gimbal motor with can air a few times.  Did the bumping loosen up some dirt that was in the gears?  
I want to keep flying with this, but with the repair station closed due to the pandemic, I want to hear from someone who might know why this worked and if it was a good fix.
2020-4-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We're sorry to know about this. Due to the prevention and traffic control measures are undertaken for the Corona Virus, our repair center in Cerritos is temporarily not available. As previously mentioned, we can accommodate your aircraft in Texas.  We don't want to provide any unconfirmed date until the situation gets better.

We proactively searched your case using your DJI Forum account and confirmed you have created a case online right? We will elevate the priority level of your case, once everything resumes if issues with your Mavic Mini still persist.

Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding of this matter. In the meantime, please tell us more about the errors or error codes you are getting. You mentioned you tested it already and flies correctly right? If it's convenient, please send us video footage links ( Dropbox or Google Drive ) with your operations or screenshot the errors you are getting in isolating the issue.

We humbly seek your kind understanding and patience regarding this matter. We're here to help.
2020-4-3
Use props
fanscb1972a5
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 4-3 10:54
We're sorry to know about this. Due to the prevention and traffic control measures are undertaken for the Corona Virus, our repair center in Cerritos is temporarily not available. As previously mentioned, we can accommodate your aircraft in Texas.  We don't want to provide any unconfirmed date until the situation gets better.

We proactively searched your case using your DJI Forum account and confirmed you have created a case online right? We will elevate the priority level of your case, once everything resumes if issues with your Mavic Mini still persist.

Well, Like I said, I don't get the error codes anymore.  Actually, all seems well.
I haven't taken video footage with this bird yet.  I also have a mavic air that I am using.
But, if I think of it, I will fly it this weekend and see what I can send you.
My main question was about the incompatible gimbal error which would not let me do anything with the drone. Turning in on or off didn't make the error go away.  What did was bumping the nose a few times.
Thats like hitting the side of a tube tv in the 60s to stop the screen from scrolling.  
Anyway.  by bumping the nose, I am assuming it did something with the gimbal motor.  That fixed it... or did it?
Case number is CAS-4105349-J6N2Z9
Does anyone remotely know why this fixes the gimbal error????

2020-4-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fanscb1972a5 Posted at 4-3 12:09
Well, Like I said, I don't get the error codes anymore.  Actually, all seems well.
I haven't taken video footage with this bird yet.  I also have a mavic air that I am using.
But, if I think of it, I will fly it this weekend and see what I can send you.

We will verify with our engineers whether the drone can keep flying normally and come back to you as soon as possible.
At this time, could you please provide us the Flight Controller Aircraft Data for further analysis?
1. Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link: https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the Mavic Mini is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
3. After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
4. The final exported data are ".dat" files.
5. Upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here.
2020-4-4
Use props
Mark_F
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 4-4 05:56
We will verify with our engineers whether the drone can keep flying normally and come back to you as soon as possible.
At this time, could you please provide us the Flight Controller Aircraft Data for further analysis?
1. Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link: https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads

I would, but I keep getting a export failed... please try again message.
2020-4-4
Use props
Mark_F
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Mark_F Posted at 4-4 07:07
I would, but I keep getting a export failed... please try again message.

It may be because I cleared all flight logs and cache and refreshed the firmware.  I haven't flown it since.  I am going out now and put a flight on it and see if it will export the data.
2020-4-4
Use props
Mark_F
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Mark_F Posted at 4-4 08:02
It may be because I cleared all flight logs and cache and refreshed the firmware.  I haven't flown it since.  I am going out now and put a flight on it and see if it will export the data.

Nope.  I keep getting a export failed.  I have uninstalled DJI Assistant2 and reinstalled.
its on a Mac.  And I use either an iPhone or iPad when I fly.
I can upload and see my flights to Airdata.com
2020-4-4
Use props
Mark_F
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 4-4 05:56

I couldn’t  get the files to export.  Funny is that even my Mavic air won't export.  It must be a Mac thing or something.  Anyway I copied the flight logs from my iPad.  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/frv2r ... tq1co3ig9PlU0a?dl=0

After further research, I was finally able to use the  Assistant 2 app to download the data file.  I had to download a separate zip file of the HoRNDIS for it to work properly in macOS Catalina.   
So I uploaded the other Dat file in dropbox.  Here is the link.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbt8vg ... 4_13-30-58.DAT?dl=0
2020-4-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Mark_F Posted at 4-4 11:02
I couldn’t  get the files to export.  Funny is that even my Mavic air won't export.  It must be a Mac thing or something.  Anyway I copied the flight logs from my iPad.  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/frv2rrkzblwk4vy/AAAQvaiZjSBtq1co3ig9PlU0a?dl=0

Hi, Mark.  We'll forward this with our R&D's for further analysis. Thank you again for your patience and cooperation in providing this.

We'll keep you posted.
2020-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules