Choppy video
337 11 2020-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tgaines19
lvl.1
United States

The only time I have tried recording and 4K it has resulted in choppy video. I'm sure it can be a multitude of issues that I am doing. Any tips or suggestions?
2020-4-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, don't expect shots where the camera is rotating or panning to be smooth, they won't be. But in any event, it is not possible to diagnose the issue from a YouTube clip, it has already been processed a lot by the time we see it.
2020-4-3
Use props
tgaines19
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-3 13:30
Yes, don't expect shots where the camera is rotating or panning to be smooth, they won't be. But in any event, it is not possible to diagnose the issue from a YouTube clip, it has already been processed a lot by the time we see it.

Thanks! Yes, I do a lot of video editing and can't really remember when the issue popped up. Everything recorded and edited under 4K and looks good if you look at the other videos on my page. I'll be flying around a lot more this summer and try to diagnose the issue. Just thought there might be something I might be missing.
2020-4-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

tgaines19 Posted at 4-3 13:32
Thanks! Yes, I do a lot of video editing and can't really remember when the issue popped up. Everything recorded and edited under 4K and looks good if you look at the other videos on my page. I'll be flying around a lot more this summer and try to diagnose the issue. Just thought there might be something I might be missing.

The only thing you can do is make sure you are using a high frame rate, such as 30 fps, then use an ND filter to open the iris up, and try to get the shutter speed down as low as you can. That should introduce some bluring of the image which will help reduce the effect.
2020-4-3
Use props
tgaines19
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-3 16:02
The only thing you can do is make sure you are using a high frame rate, such as 30 fps, then use an ND filter to open the iris up, and try to get the shutter speed down as low as you can. That should introduce some bluring of the image which will help reduce the effect.

I'm not sure but I think the Mavic Pro I have maxes out at 24fps while shooting at 4K. Just got some good video in my backyard in 4K and 2.7K that looks promising. What is the best way to post on here for you to have a look at it since it is such a large file? Also, do you know where to get good ND filters?
2020-4-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

tgaines19 Posted at 4-3 16:15
I'm not sure but I think the Mavic Pro I have maxes out at 24fps while shooting at 4K. Just got some good video in my backyard in 4K and 2.7K that looks promising. What is the best way to post on here for you to have a look at it since it is such a large file? Also, do you know where to get good ND filters?

Best way to post an original file is to use Dropbox. Then put up a link to the file. I have only used DJI ND filters and they have always been good.
2020-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi tgaines19, as Geebax mentioned, it is not easy for us to locate the problem in Youtube Because the video was compressed, please upload a short original clip from SD card to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here for further support.
2020-4-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Move SLOW.
2020-4-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

(that is the best advice I can give right now)
If you still have choppy video's let me know!
2020-4-6
Use props
tgaines19
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for your all's help! I re-recorded some stuff and it turned out a lot better.
2020-4-7
Use props
tgaines19
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 4-6 04:19
(that is the best advice I can give right now)
If you still have choppy video's let me know!

Thanks! I think I figured it out.
2020-4-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

tgaines19 Posted at 4-7 09:33
Thanks! I think I figured it out.

No problem!
2020-4-7