2341 9 2020-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ainhoa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72710 ft
Spain

Hello

I have the ronin balanced on Nikon d850 and nikkor 24-70mm. I have latest firmware updated, camera conected to ronin (cable type b), wheel connected (green light) camera in AF mode and lens in M/A but the focus wheel seem not work (nothing changes when i turn it). Do I need to add the focus motor or should it work?

thanks!

2020-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ainhoa, Focus Wheel should be able to work with Nikon D850 and it seems the settings are all correct, could you please double confirm that the focus mode is set to AF-S / AF-C? If the focus mode is set to AF-F, the focus cannot be followed. If there is no problem with it, please try the Focus Wheel on the other side or maybe the focus speed is set too slow which you couldn't notice the focus when turn it?
2020-4-4
Use props
Ainhoa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72710 ft
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-4 23:07
Hi Ainhoa, Focus Wheel should be able to work with Nikon D850 and it seems the settings are all correct, could you please double confirm that the focus mode is set to AF-S / AF-C? If the focus mode is set to AF-F, the focus cannot be followed. If there is no problem with it, please try the Focus Wheel on the other side or maybe the focus speed is set too slow which you couldn't notice the focus when turn it?

it works now!

For other users reading: to change the focus mode is set to AF-F , press the AF-mode button in front, next to the lenses  and rotate the main command dial.

where can i change the focus speed to faster? in ronin app?
2020-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ainhoa Posted at 4-5 03:07
it works now!

For other users reading: to change the focus mode is set to AF-F , press the AF-mode button in front, next to the lenses  and rotate the main command dial.

Yes, the Focus Speed can be adjusted in Ronin APP--Create--Camera Settings.
2020-4-7
Use props
djiuser_ZMeKF2BLLDDY
New

United Kingdom

Ainhoa Posted at 2020-4-5 03:07
it works now!

May I ask your balance settings as I can’t get the pan correct as the eyepiece snags the gimbal?

D850 with 24 70mm lens

Thanks

Gareth
2021-5-13
Use props
djiuser_WonmT5z4ALEk
New
Croatia

My focus is jumping on dji rs2 with my nikon 850.. it is not smooth. It does work but its not smooth.. please help
2021-10-18
Use props
djiuser_WonmT5z4ALEk
New
Croatia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-4-4 23:07
Hi Ainhoa, Focus Wheel should be able to work with Nikon D850 and it seems the settings are all correct, could you please double confirm that the focus mode is set to AF-S / AF-C? If the focus mode is set to AF-F, the focus cannot be followed. If there is no problem with it, please try the Focus Wheel on the other side or maybe the focus speed is set too slow which you couldn't notice the focus when turn it?

Hello! My font dial works but it is not smooth.. it jumps little by little. Do you have some advice?
2021-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_WonmT5z4ALEk Posted at 10-18 10:59
Hello! My font dial works but it is not smooth.. it jumps little by little. Do you have some advice?

Hi there, sorry that you encountered this problem. Could you please provide us with a video of the said issue for further confirmation? Please also make sure that the gears are installed correctly.
2021-10-20
Use props
djiuser_WonmT5z4ALEk
New
Croatia

Thank you for answer, but i am not using focus motor, i just connected nikon 850 to dji rs2 with usb cable and then i am using front dial. My focus is jumping and it is not smooth. I tried to play with speed and smooth witch you can adjust for front dial but nothing.. it still jumps..
2021-10-20
Use props
SkittishPen9uin
New

New Zealand

djiuser_WonmT5z4ALEk Posted at 2021-10-20 12:50
Thank you for answer, but i am not using focus motor, i just connected nikon 850 to dji rs2 with usb cable and then i am using front dial. My focus is jumping and it is not smooth. I tried to play with speed and smooth witch you can adjust for front dial but nothing.. it still jumps..

Hey, I'm having the same issue with the D850 and Ronin-S, did you ever find a solution?
2022-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules