RTH without landing
1285 15 2020-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RJn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1845039 ft
France

In the new function : RTH/Hover/Landing, it would be good to replace "Hover" by "RTH without Landing".

What do you think of it ?

2020-4-4
Use props
Steven So
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10010 ft
Hong Kong

Of course NOT. The hover mode is useful when flying indoor,  in the woods and under ceiling (such as bridge).  When the drone loss signal,  it will raise to RTH height and will hit the ceiling,  trees,  etc.  Or it will just hit something else even if the RTH height is set low enough.  Hover maybe the best setting under those conditions.
Besides, I don't think there is any different between RTH and RTH without landing,  as you should get control the drone again when it is near so you can cancel the landing by RC. If not,  the drone will land anyway when the battery level is low.
2020-4-4
Use props
RJn
lvl.2
France

Steven So Posted at 4-4 06:44
Of course NOT. The hover mode is useful when flying indoor,  in the woods and under ceiling (such as bridge).  When the drone loss signal,  it will raise to RTH height and will hit the ceiling,  trees,  etc.  Or it will just hit something else even if the RTH height is set low enough.  Hover maybe the best setting under those conditions.
Besides, I don't think there is any different between RTH and RTH without landing,  as you should get control the drone again when it is near so you can cancel the landing by RC. If not,  the drone will land anyway when the battery level is low.

I thought of the case where the operator moves in a difficult place and modifies the point of RTH.
2020-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

RJn Posted at 4-4 07:37
I thought of the case where the operator moves in a difficult place and modifies the point of RTH.

You can change Rth to where RC is .
2020-4-4
Use props
Steven So
lvl.3
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 4-4 07:48
You can change Rth to where RC is .

But can you change RTH point when signal lost?
2020-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Steven So Posted at 4-4 22:02
But can you change RTH point when signal lost?

You cannot change during Rth from lost signal, but drone will go to last reset of Rth you set if you lose signal , not original take off point.
You also have option now to hover or land when loosing signal.
2020-4-4
Use props
Steven So
lvl.3
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 4-4 22:12
You cannot change during Rth from lost signal, but drone will go to last reset of Rth you set if you lose signal , not original take off point.
You also have option now to hover or land when loosing signal.

Yes,  in case of the controller is moving,  both RTH with "dynamic" update Home point and just hover can be used,  depend on the "moving style".  So more options is better.
2020-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Steven So Posted at 4-4 22:47
Yes,  in case of the controller is moving,  both RTH with "dynamic" update Home point and just hover can be used,  depend on the "moving style".  So more options is better.

Well if you lose signal and have craft in hover you have to find it then wait for it to land how is that a good option, yes if you’re flying undercover but Rth should 99% of the time be default.
2020-4-5
Use props
RJn
lvl.2
France

hallmark007 Posted at 4-5 02:04
Well if you lose signal and have craft in hover you have to find it then wait for it to land how is that a good option, yes if you’re flying undercover but Rth should 99% of the time be default.

Exemple : I am in a forest and I want to go to a point of view in 10 mn. I fix the RTH on my point of view. The drone loses communication because of the relief. I don't want the drone to land but to stay hover waiting me for landing because of the trees. What do I do if I have no place to land before the point of view ?
2020-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RJn Posted at 4-5 11:25
Exemple : I am in a forest and I want to go to a point of view in 10 mn. I fix the RTH on my point of view. The drone loses communication because of the relief. I don't want the drone to land but to stay hover waiting me for landing because of the trees. What do I do if I have no place to land before the point of view ?

Yes you hit on the 1/2 % of time you would not use Rth , but remember to switch back to Rth when in normal flying .
2020-4-5
Use props
Steven So
lvl.3
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 4-5 11:33
Yes you hit on the 1/2 % of time you would not use Rth , but remember to switch back to Rth when in normal flying .

Wait a second! The thread is discussing "on the new option, Hover should be replaced with RTH without landing ".
1. I don't mean the new hover option is better than original RTH mode. In fact RTH must be set as default option and I agree that over 95% of the flight should be set RTH. I can imagine tons of drone will loss if Hover is set as deflault (I suggest to check this everytime we flight).
2. What I want to say is RTH without landing is "no use" and "cannot replace Hover".
2020-4-5
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

The options now available are already useful, but nobody has observed the most obvious contradiction: you must know BEFORE in which condition you will find yourself, because once you lose the signal you will not be able to change it.
I know there is no way out ....
2020-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Steven So Posted at 4-5 17:26
Wait a second! The thread is discussing "on the new option, Hover should be replaced with RTH without landing ".
1. I don't mean the new hover option is better than original RTH mode. In fact RTH must be set as default option and I agree that over 95% of the flight should be set RTH. I can imagine tons of drone will loss if Hover is set as deflault (I suggest to check this everytime we flight).
2. What I want to say is RTH without landing is "no use" and "cannot replace Hover".

Then I fully agree with you, but it’s a bit confusing trying to have a conversation with someone who changes their name half way through, so I think I got something mixed up ;+)::::
2020-4-6
Use props
RJn
lvl.2
France

hallmark007 Posted at 4-6 03:15
Then I fully agree with you, but it’s a bit confusing trying to have a conversation with someone who changes their name half way through, so I think I got something mixed up ;+)::::

I am always here and it is another person who answered.
in fact, I don't understand the benefice to replace "RTH" by "landing" and I propose now to replace "landing" by "RTH without landing".
2020-4-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RJn Posted at 4-6 05:34
I am always here and it is another person who answered.
in fact, I don't understand the benefice to replace "RTH" by "landing" and I propose now to replace "landing" by "RTH without landing".

Only if undercover or indoors . Apologies. But you’re right keep it in Rth .
2020-4-6
Use props
RJn
lvl.2
France

I have finaly understood the option "Landing" in the menu RTH/Hover/Landing : if the drone cannot return because wind or battery, it must land far from you. If you initiate a landing and lose signal, the drone will try RTH and crash. If you choise the option "Landing", the drone will land even if signal lost.
2020-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules