Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"White Noise" all the time
1035 14 2020-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
First Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Hey.
Today is the perfect weather to fly around a little.

So I flew a little. After my first Battery got nearly empty, I catched my little friend to replace the Battery with a fresh one, when I recognized something I didn't recognize all the time before.

As soon as the Mini is powered on, I can hear a permanent hissing noise out of it. Like white noise. Doesn't matter which Battery, I tried three different ones.

Does your Mini have this as well?
I didn't hear this ever before. Today was the first time, so I'm a little uncertain if this is normal.

2020-4-4
Use props
m80116
Captain
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I don't remember that in my Mini... could be some small SMD capacitor making it. Some may actually produce a high pitched sound when working.
2020-4-4
Use props
Mizzu
First Officer
Germany

m80116 Posted at 4-4 11:55
I don't remember that in my Mini... could be some small SMD capacitor making it. Some may actually produce a high pitched sound when working.

Hm, but this is not changing or some high frequency pitched tone but just like white noise. Very strange...
2020-4-4
Use props
m80116
Captain
Italy

Try record something with your phone. I'll check on mine tomorrow whether it does it.
2020-4-4
Use props
Mizzu
First Officer
Germany

You can hear it all the time, but you hear it clearly, when I press the Microphone of my Camera to the Body of the Mavic Mini in the last few seconds of the Video (at ~ 19 seconds).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e631xdn046e7be6/DJI_0127.MP4?dl=0
2020-4-4
Use props
RCnerd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18307 ft
United States

I've heard power supplies and other switching devices make similar sounds.  It's probably not a constant, fixed frequency.  It likely has some kind of modulation or there are multiple frequencies.  As to why this started out of the blue is a good question.  Does it fly properly with normal camera operation?  Does letting it cool off change anything?
2020-4-4
Use props
Akirasho
Captain
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Thankfully, my ears are too damaged  by the 70's!!
2020-4-4
Use props
Mizzu
First Officer
Germany

RCnerd Posted at 4-4 12:48
I've heard power supplies and other switching devices make similar sounds.  It's probably not a constant, fixed frequency.  It likely has some kind of modulation or there are multiple frequencies.  As to why this started out of the blue is a good question.  Does it fly properly with normal camera operation?  Does letting it cool off change anything?

Nope, everything seemed fine today. No strange behavior, no errors or anything.
The temperature didn't change anything.
But I thought that the hissing was louder, the fuller the Battery was, but maybe this was just presumption, no idea.
2020-4-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It could be caused by a "noisy" driver circuit for the beeper/speaker. I don't know where the beeper is located though.
I don't hear your constant sound from either of my minis, although I do hear a similar sound for about a second at startup that I guess is the camera gimbal resetting position.
2020-4-4
Use props
m80116
Captain
Italy

I don't think it has a beeper @GaryDoug. The startup noise is made by the motors like when you activate Flashing and beeping.
2020-4-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

m80116 Posted at 4-4 15:23
I don't think it has a beeper @GaryDoug. The startup noise is made by the motors like when you activate Flashing and beeping.

That's interesting. I had no idea.
I'm taking that ball and running with it.....maybe there is a defective/noisy driver for at least one motor. The OP could listen to each motor to see if it is the cause. I won't give up on that idea ;-)
2020-4-4
Use props
Mizzu
First Officer
Germany

The Sound comes straight out of the body. I will make a new Video at home where you can hear it clearer.
I dont want to open it since i got warranty, but as it seems, nobody  can confirm that your Minis do this as well so there has to be something not OK with mine.... Hm...
2020-4-4
Use props
Mizzu
First Officer
Germany

OK, so I finally found a place where neither my computer, nor my ticking kitchen clock nor my NAS makes any sounds. ;)
The Videos are basically all the same.
In 001 I hover the microphone over each motor to clarify that the sound doesn't come from there:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3vjicyn0566aob/001.MP4?dl=0

In 002 (WARNING, LOUD BEEPING) I kept the Cameras microphone "attached" to the body, you can hear ~ 9 seconds the Gimbal movement, and already the hissing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsmcz95epagen1k/002.MP4?dl=0

In 003 I press the microphone to the battery. The sound is louder at the back of the Mini than at the front:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5helsf2fr7v1mh/003.MP4?dl=0

As  I said, it's the same with all batteries.
I will see if some more people can confirm/not confirm this sound on their own Mini. If nobody has this, I'm afraid I have to send it to DJI.
I don't want to risk that it dies someday mid-flight and I have to wait ages for DJI support to confirm it wasn't my bad or worst case: I'm not able to recover it anymore because it's in the woods/water. *sigh*  :/

2020-4-4
Use props
djiuser_LwvnOIsfMPvf
New

Israel

I don't know if you which noise you are speaking about, but recently also my mavic mini start doing a strange tiny noise...
But mine seems to come from the propellers even though I check every one of them and they don't have any scrach o problem if some one know a solution i will be very happy to ear!!
2020-4-4
Use props
Mizzu
First Officer
Germany

djiuser_LwvnOIsfMPvf Posted at 4-4 22:57
I don't know if you which noise you are speaking about, but recently also my mavic mini start doing a strange tiny noise...
But mine seems to come from the propellers even though I check every one of them and they don't have any scrach o problem if some one know a solution i will be very happy to ear!!

You can not hear it, even if I pressed the microphone to the body like in Video 002?
Man, I must have superhero-ears.
2020-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules