Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak range
583 8 2020-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4e8a4ebc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33035 ft
Canada

I've had my mavic mini for a little over a week. My first flight was approx 300m and after looking at specs and other posts this seems normal as i'm in a highly residential area. However I brought the drone out by some farm land and i was only able to get about 780m and near my parents about 500m before RTH. Battery and controller were at full power, out by the farm is was a little windy but not crazy maybe 5knots. Any suggestions ?

2020-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The range of Mavic mini is purely down to environment and set up, they’re no better ones that get more range and I’ve yet to see one that has a problem with range that is not similar to others.

It’s just a general problem with WiFi , you can take care to make sure your antennas are in the correct position you have phone in airplane mode, the latter may make a difference some say it does but I think it’s just a placebo.
Flying with antennas set correctly in environment with less interference is going to help, also make sure your drone is FCC compliant which I believe is correct for Canada. I live in a rural area and have flown 1.8km with mini, it was just a test I don’t ever need to fly further than 500m and usually closer than this is fine for me.

You can also set radio signal manually using channel with lowest amount of green, check this out see if it makes any difference.
2020-4-4
Use props
fans4e8a4ebc
lvl.1
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 4-4 09:52
The range of Mavic mini is purely down to environment and set up, they’re no better ones that get more range and I’ve yet to see one that has a problem with range that is not similar to others.

It’s just a general problem with WiFi , you can take care to make sure your antennas are in the correct position you have phone in airplane mode, the latter may make a difference some say it does but I think it’s just a placebo.

Thanks I will try again and make sure i'm in airplane mode, and manual radio. It is the Model MT1SS5
2020-4-4
Use props
Crummett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

Passed 500m it vanishes in terms of VLOS anyway so I’m okay with its limits. But that’s also because im a beginner
2020-4-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Agreed with the answer from hallmark007 on 2#. Remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft. Please also avoid obstacles between the drone and controller, which may block the signal.
2020-4-5
Use props
fificap
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55531 ft
France

fans4e8a4ebc Posted at 4-4 09:56
Thanks I will try again and make sure i'm in airplane mode, and manual radio. It is the Model MT1SS5

Hi,

Did you try airplane mode? for me, using a samsung S7, it increase the range for sure!
2020-4-5
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi,

because using WiFi, the mini is not meant to fly a long distance from the operator. Seen it size and in most countries you have to see the drone, I think the aim is around 500m.

Putting the phone into airplane mode will help. Since all communications have also a magnetic field around the antennas, they will influence your controller. Shutting down communications by using airplane mode will help. Besides, you don't want a telephone call when you are flying.

In a rural area you probably won't have influence of a lot WiFi signals, but be aware of direct radio transmission signals. Radio stations might make use of powerful point to point antenna in which they have a strong bundle of radio waves. Flying in a rural area with my Mavic 1 pro some years ago, I noticed some disturbance in the transmission. The Mavic 1 doesn't use WiFi and has a strong signal. However, the drone was not more than 500m away from me. When looking around, I noticed some radio direct transmission antenna's. Didn't had any other problems before and after that incident.
2020-4-5
Use props
m80116
Captain
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

The only downside w/ my MM usage is that in rural areas I MANUALLY select a 2.4 GHz frequency... and there I comfortably reach my usual max working distance of about 800m. I can still get pretty much to 750m with the reflectors in 5.8 GHz but it can be choppy.

Busy areas is where I'd like a bit more reach. 2.4 GHz would take too much time to test for each channel, 5.8 GHz in those conditions is still affected and good for about 500 to 600 meters... I wish I could reach 800.
2020-4-5
Use props
fans4e8a4ebc
lvl.1
Canada

m80116 Posted at 4-5 05:59
The only downside w/ my MM usage is that in rural areas I MANUALLY select a 2.4 GHz frequency... and there I comfortably reach my usual max working distance of about 800m. I can still get pretty much to 750m with the reflectors in 5.8 GHz but it can be choppy.

Busy areas is where I'd like a bit more reach. 2.4 GHz would take too much time to test for each channel, 5.8 GHz in those conditions is still affected and good for about 500 to 600 meters... I wish I could reach 800.

I only have 5.8GHZ as an option
2020-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules