862 9 2020-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Mavic Mini Hand Landing and Launch is Easier Than You Think and I will show you how. :-)

2020-4-5
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I only hand launch and land. The mini sits too low to even launch itself from grass. I've never had any issues with hand launch other than having to hold the launch button with my thumb. It would be good to have the option to launch using the same button to initiate launch at the side of the screen.
2020-4-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

there is nowhere within a 500-mile radius of me where I fly where I am forced to launch in grass that is too high.  while I can hand launch just fine (and I don't think it's silly), I choose not too because my mini has skids so it's no problem.  still, I practice it every once in awhile so thanks for the video.
2020-4-5
Use props
wee.minidrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151220 ft
United States

I usually put the carrying case (fly more combo) on the ground/grass and launch the mavic mini from the top of the case. To land I'll just land on the grass if it's not too high. I tried to land on the case - I nailed it a few times but once I missed and the propeller skimmed the side of the case, so I don't want to try that again.
2020-4-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see.
2020-4-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Informative video.
2020-4-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very informative video.  I live on a large boat and 95% of my flights are over water so I only launch and recover using my hand.  Thanks so much for sharing.
2020-4-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

EDIT - Double post.  Server must be glitching as I've seen numerous double posts today.
2020-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great tip.  Also a Goode idea to do this when the ground is dusty or sandy.
2020-4-7
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

I always launch from hand (Air, Mini) and land to hand (all drones, including P4P).

One remark to the video - when calibrating the compass, it is not recommended to keep the mobile device so close...
2020-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules