COMPLAINT ABOUT REPAIR
1065 22 2020-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10541 ft

United States

I had my Zenmuse X5 sent in back in October 2019. I got it back in Novermber. When I got it I hooked it up to the Inspire 1 just to see if it would load up and do its test and show video and it did. After that it went back into storage until I got a call for a job. Well I did last week April 2nd, 2020 and I attached everything, it loaded up did it's test and video was up. I took off and about 10 to 15 seconds in the air I lost video. So I brought the Inspire 1 back and landed it. When I went to look at the X5 it was limp. The gimbals were not working, no video, no green light or any light from indicator on the camera. I paid a lot of money to have this camera fixed and when I finally get to use it for a job it goes dead. I did all the troubleshooting and still nothing. I even have a second Inspire 1 and hooked it up to that and still nothing.
I did a chat online with a DJI representative and I am told that I cannot do anything that I can only send it back in for assesment and pay whatever the fees are to fix it. Needless to say I am a little upset about this. I spent A LOT of money for this. I send this camera in, pay a lot of money to trust your technicians did an honest repair. I get it back for this to happen and I still have to pay more money? I don't fly this drone for a hobby or to mess around, if I wanted to do that I would get a Spark or something cheap, not a professional grade drone with a $1,500 camera on it. And then I am told that when the repairs are done I can't even add the DJI Care plan to a product repaired by your technicians. This is not fair. I would understand if the camera had damage on it or something showing abuse or mishandling but it is in the same condition from when I received it from DJI repair.

I need a remedy to this. I should not have to pay again to have this camera fixed when I did nothing wrong to it.   
The case #
CAS-3562974-Q6M9H4

2020-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, your concern will be escalated to the appropriate team for attention, we will have someone to contact you in working hours with the further suggestion, please wait patiently. Thank you.
2020-4-6
Use props
djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-6 19:06
We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, your concern will be escalated to the appropriate team for attention, we will have someone to contact you in working hours with the further suggestion, please wait patiently. Thank you.

Thank you, hopefully it won't be to long of a wait. It is midnight right now for me.
2020-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz Posted at 4-6 20:06
Thank you, hopefully it won't be to long of a wait. It is midnight right now for me.

Your case will be handled by the higher-level team, please wait patiently for further communication. Sleep tight.
2020-4-6
Use props
djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-6 23:12
Your case will be handled by the higher-level team, please wait patiently for further communication. Sleep tight.

Do you know how long it will take to hear from the high level team. I still haven't received any message, email or phone call.
2020-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz Posted at 4-7 12:12
Do you know how long it will take to hear from the high level team. I still haven't received any message, email or phone call.

Hi there, our supervisor team will contact you within 1-2 business days, please wait patiently. I will also help you keep an eye on it, please don't worry. We hope your issue will be sorted out soon.
2020-4-7
Use props
djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-7 20:05
Hi there, our supervisor team will contact you within 1-2 business days, please wait patiently. I will also help you keep an eye on it, please don't worry. We hope your issue will be sorted out soon.

Could you tell me how they will be in contact with me? Email, phone call, respond to this message forum?
2020-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz Posted at 4-7 20:07
Could you tell me how they will be in contact with me? Email, phone call, respond to this message forum?

Hi, actually, our team has sent an email to you and let you know that "Your case has been escalated and we will be following up with you in the next two business days.", kindly please check your email box and wait patiently. Thanks.
2020-4-7
Use props
djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz
lvl.1

United States

I received a phone call from a representative from DJI this afternoon while I was at work. I thought they were going to send me an email? I really need to get this camera fixed or replaced if somebody could please message me or call me after 6 p.m. my time in the United States. I tried calling that number back but it wouldn't go through. Also I've checked my email and I've never received anything stating what you said it would about it being escalated to the next level the only emails I get our when you respond to these messages on the Forum
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz Posted at 4-8 13:35
I received a phone call from a representative from DJI this afternoon while I was at work. I thought they were going to send me an email? I really need to get this camera fixed or replaced if somebody could please message me or call me after 6 p.m. my time in the United States. I tried calling that number back but it wouldn't go through. Also I've checked my email and I've never received anything stating what you said it would about it being escalated to the next level the only emails I get our when you respond to these messages on the Forum

Hi, we're sorry if you missed the phone call. I was able to pull up your DJI account here on Forum. We proactively look for that email using your DJI Forum account. We believe you've already received it just now as of writing? May we have the best time to contact you?  The relevant team may also need to speak with you over the phone (not just by email).

We want to resolve this as much as you do. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2020-4-8
Use props
djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 4-8 14:14
Hi, we're sorry if you missed the phone call. I was able to pull up your DJI account here on Forum. We proactively look for that email using your DJI Forum account. We believe you've already received it just now as of writing? May we have the best time to contact you?  The relevant team may also need to speak with you over the phone (not just by email).

We want to resolve this as much as you do. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you can call me now that would be great.
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz Posted at 4-8 14:20
If you can call me now that would be great.

We'll be forwarding this with the team. Again, we thank you for your patience.
2020-4-8
Use props
djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 4-8 14:33
We'll be forwarding this with the team. Again, we thank you for your patience.

I want to share with you what the California branch sent me in an email and needless to say I am not happy with that response. It sounds like they don't want to even acknowledge the complaint and want me to send it in normally to get fixed. That is not what I want to do, I want it fixed like it was suppose to be when I paid for it initially. It would be different if I did something to break it but I did absolutely nothing. Here is what was sent.

Thank you for contacting DJI.

Your request (2688483) has been received.

Following the County of Los Angeles “Safer at Home Order For Control of COVID-19” and the Executive Order from the State of California to stay at home, and in following the guidance on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 from the California Department of Public Health, we regret to inform you that we have decided to minimize our repair operations in California. Some product repairs and shipment times are expected to be delayed or suspended. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz Posted at 4-8 14:55
I want to share with you what the California branch sent me in an email and needless to say I am not happy with that response. It sounds like they don't want to even acknowledge the complaint and want me to send it in normally to get fixed. That is not what I want to do, I want it fixed like it was suppose to be when I paid for it initially. It would be different if I did something to break it but I did absolutely nothing. Here is what was sent.

Thank you for contacting DJI.

Sorry to know you have this feeling, there is no doubt that everyone hopes to get your gimbal fixed as soon as possible, the suggestion was given by the higher-level team as a complaint case, and it is recommended to follow their suggestion to send in for the diagnosis, our repair center will help get it solved.
2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-9 04:37
Sorry to know you have this feeling, there is no doubt that everyone hopes to get your gimbal fixed as soon as possible, the suggestion was given by the higher-level team as a complaint case, and it is recommended to follow their suggestion to send in for the diagnosis, our repair center will help get it solved.

So if I send this in to the center and they diagnose it and want to charge me for it, then what do I do?
2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-9 04:37

Also how do I setup the ticket? Do I do it like I would regularly do it? I just don't want to end up being charged for work that should have already been fixed. I am really wanting some type of assurance that when they get it something happens to appear at the California center and they find some way to have me pay.
2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz
lvl.1

United States

I want to thank the DJI representatives for their professionalism and handling this. I really appreciate the gentleman that called me and walked me through what was going to happen and they will check everything out.
Stay healthy and happy flying
2020-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz Posted at 4-9 08:42
I want to thank the DJI representatives for their professionalism and handling this. I really appreciate the gentleman that called me and walked me through what was going to happen and they will check everything out.
Stay healthy and happy flying

Glad to know our supervisor has contacted you and explained what will happen, please send in at your most convenience and our repair center will take care of it. You keep safe as well.
2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz
lvl.1

United States

I am needing to know why I haven't gotten a shipping label yet? I was told to use case #CAS-4171065-J1F9F6 and to place it on the label and on the package. I haven't gotten it.
2020-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz Posted at 4-12 20:32
I am needing to know why I haven't gotten a shipping label yet? I was told to use case #CAS-4171065-J1F9F6 and to place it on the label and on the package. I haven't gotten it.

The shipping label usually will be sent within 24-48 working hours, we will push the team to send as soon as possible.
2020-4-13
Use props
djiuser_F1UZwxiT7V0G
New

United States

Getting worried about me sending my stuff in now..
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_F1UZwxiT7V0G Posted at 5-15 02:29
Getting worried about me sending my stuff in now..

Even though it was a long drawn out process, my camera finally came back properly fixed. I would just thoroughly check your product when you get it back. That way it is still under warranty.
2020-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_eT3ifHGFDHJz Posted at 5-15 06:55
Even though it was a long drawn out process, my camera finally came back properly fixed. I would just thoroughly check your product when you get it back. That way it is still under warranty.

Glad to know you have got the camera back, please double check all the functions and let us know if you have any further concerns.
2020-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules