Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to calibrate compass on Mavic Mini
3378 10 2020-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Popsmith
Flight distance : 2056808 ft
United States

I just received my Mavic Mini last week and this week i keep trying to calibrate the compass but it s not showing up in front of my remote on the meter. I have tried this 15x's, Help!!!
2020-4-6
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

If you mean the orientation thingy in the bottom center of the app, that doesn’t use the drone’s compass (except to show the orientation of the little arrow). The drone’s position in relation to you uses the drone's gps, the phone’s gps and the phone’s compass. And it doesn’t work too good as some phones have their compass messed up by being very close to the remote. If you really want that, you should calibrate your phone’s compass after installing it in the remote.
2020-4-6
Use props
Popsmith
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 4-6 09:50
If you mean the orientation thingy in the bottom center of the app, that doesn’t use the drone’s compass (except to show the orientation of the little arrow). The drone’s position in relation to you uses the drone's gps, the phone’s gps and the phone’s compass. And it doesn’t work too good as some phones have their compass messed up by being very close to the remote. If you really want that, you should calibrate your phone’s compass after installing it in the remote.

Thank you , I will try that.
2020-4-6
Use props
fans1cafe718
First Officer
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

On my Samsung S6, if the position indicator doesn't work (showing red), rebooting Fly-app fixes it 90% of time...but yeah, very inconsistent.
2020-4-6
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

The position indicator on the front screen of DJI Fly also uses the compass in your phone.  If it is red the it is not receiving information from your phone.
2020-4-6
Use props
Popsmith
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 4-6 09:50

i also found this. This is what works unfortunately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1F7LWmql0Y
2020-4-6
Use props
Popsmith
United States

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-6 10:05
On my Samsung S6, if the position indicator doesn't work (showing red), rebooting Fly-app fixes it 90% of time...but yeah, very inconsistent.

It works, just shows that the drone is behind me when actually it is in front of me.
2020-4-6
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Popsmith Posted at 4-6 11:53
i also found this. This is what works unfortunately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1F7LWmql0Y

Did you try calibrating the compass while the phone is connected to the RC in the normal position?

P.S. Part of what that guy is saying. Incorrect phone compass calibration cannot cause a flyaway and cannot show incorrect drone location if you lose your drone.
2020-4-6
Use props
m80116
Captain
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

It takes less to do than to explain. After you've attached the Remote to the Smartphone use the figure of 8 motion or rotate the assembly every which way.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=210102

2020-4-6
Use props
Popsmith
United States

m80116 Posted at 4-6 14:25
It takes less to do than to explain. After you've attached the Remote to the Smartphone use the figure of 8 motion or rotate the assembly every which way.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=210102
[view_image]

Thanks. I will try that.
2020-4-6
Use props
Popsmith
United States

Look like I resolved the issue. I basically leave space in between the controller and the phone. When I push the home phone all the way up to the top of the controller I guess whatever aligns the compass in the phones will be thrown off if pushed too close to controller. This is a big plus.
2020-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules