Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Almost lost my mini today (code 110007)
3487 30 2020-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ducatinus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1288806 ft
Netherlands

Today I flew the mini. Suddenly I got a code 110007 error and after that a weak GPS/Compass error.

Changed automatic to attitude mode. Managed to get it back home with no GPS and sensors.
When landed I noticed that the battery latch was nog closed completely.What has happened?

Mini has flown for about 8hours since I bought it last month. Battery's charged around 11 times each (bought a combo)
Would be strange if the GPS issue is related to the latch not closed? IS this some kind of FW bug?

Flights after that no problems. Not know what to expect in the future?

My data:
https://app.airdata.com/share/xOcUgj

YT video
https://youtu.be/86dF_A_td58

2020-4-7
Use props
Ducatinus
lvl.2
Netherlands

2020-4-7
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I've seen that happen (GPS loss) linked to battery problems already twice, this is the third case. I can't provide links but one was on another forum (domain).

Might be weak battery contacts ? Still I can't find any rationale between GPS and battery linkage.
2020-4-7
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

yep you were lucky you got it back in ATTI mode with strong winds... i had the same issue, still not clear why it happened...in my case i don't think it was the battery latch, though i don't remember tbh...be sure to check when plugging in the battery, i noticed if it is not all the way in the latch does not shut properly. Also i make sure each time battery is fitted nicely and secure. However even if battery was not communicating with the processor the gps shutting off is really strange.
2020-4-7
Use props
Ducatinus
lvl.2
Netherlands

Looks like an automated answer.

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support
Let us attempt to resolve the error by discharging first your battery by following these steps:

·Please make sure that you have the latest firmware, in case the firmware needs to be updated, DJI Fly app will notify you.

· Place the Intelligent Flight Battery into your aircraft's battery compartment and turn it on.
· Leave it on until there is less than 8% of power left until the battery · can no longer be turned on
· Launch the DJI Fly App to check battery levels.
After which allow the battery to cool down and recharge them to full charge. Repeat the steps twice, then insert it back to the aircraft and power it on.

Launch your DJI Fly App and check if the error persists, if there is still an error, kindly screenshot the error message and the battery info, from the DJI Fly app (Settings > Aircraft Battery) on your email response.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best regard
2020-4-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hoi Ducatinus,

If you like post your log on here as well, using this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Nice combi ; motorcycle+MM   ;-)

cheers+groetjes,
JJB
2020-4-8
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

Ducatinus Posted at 4-7 21:37
Looks like an automated answer.

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support

i doubt it is the battery, if you say your latch was not shut properly most probably it was the battery not plugged in all the way in, it might be not full contact on the pins the cause, check it next time you fly. In my case the battery i had this issue is fine, i have flown at least 4 times on it since the issue, never happened again, so far...
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Ducatinus, may I know if the normal flight latter the date was using the same battery? If you have another battery, please try to change the battery and check again, make sure that the battery latch is locking up before flying. Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
Regarding the GPS signal loss, please help export that flight data from the drone via DJI Assistant 2, and upload the flight record, provide the time and date of the flight and your DJI account to me, I'll ask the proper team to check the details. You can DM me the info. Thank you.
2020-4-9
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 4-9 19:46
Hi Ducatinus, may I know if the normal flight latter the date was using the same battery? If you have another battery, please try to change the battery and check again, make sure that the battery latch is locking up before flying. Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
Regarding the GPS signal loss, please help export that flight data from the drone via DJI Assistant 2, and upload the flight record, provide the time and date of the flight and your DJI account to me, I'll ask the proper team to check the details. You can DM me the info. Thank you.

here is the same issue with all the required logs plus video:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=210765

and the other 2 dat files:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 765&pid=2105968
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 765&pid=2106262

unfortunately they won't be of help as after the battery communication error nothing related to battery was captured. my battery works fine after that incident, no issues.
2020-4-10
Use props
Ducatinus
lvl.2
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 4-10 01:06
here is the same issue with all the required logs plus video:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=210765

Well today i happend again. Got her back in one piece despite the wind and lack of GPS en sensors. Same battery again. First communication failure and the no GPS. Landed it safely and flew back a few hundred meters on camera only. Had to decent from a few hundred meters. If no camera feed was present i 100% would lost her

Don’t trust this battery anymore. It was charged only 20 times since 12 march 2020.

Any advice or tips

Any advice. I reported both incidents to DJI. It looks like a major software bug, battery error and loss of  GPS should never occurs. Provided all the data to DJI, hope they see the importance of this
Here are my .dat files. After battery error nothing is logged

2020-4-12
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

Ducatinus Posted at 4-12 14:37
Well today i happend again. Got her back in one piece despite the wind and lack of GPS en sensors. Same battery again. First communication failure and the no GPS. Landed it safely and flew back a few hundred meters on camera only. Had to decent from a few hundred meters. If no camera feed was present i 100% would lost her

Don’t trust this battery anymore. It was charged only 20 times since 12 march 2020.

well it could be the battery in that case, mine has worked fine since, didn´t get this error anymore...only other thing i can think of is that i had it fully charged for more than a couple of days( could be 5.6) before the day i got the error. It might be the charge is not holding and it might cause some kind of communication error, the recent flights on that battery i either charged it on the same day or a day or two in advance...
2020-4-12
Use props
Ducatinus
lvl.2
Netherlands

Well after a while of investigating all my flightlogs DJI offers the following sollution in the email coppied below.
Conclusion:

Jam in the aircraft system, do a firmware and when its not resolved send in the bird on my own cost.
Not a word about a faulty battery and send it in on my own cost ?(bird is 1,5 months old)
Can not figure out why they just not replace the battery under warrenty, not gonna send my bird back if its just a battery problem. And i had the newest firmware since it came out.

Convidence in customersupport and the product DJI is down the drain now. Had planned an upgrade to the Mavic Air 2 but not gonna do that now.
I am buying a new battery and will fly until my mini will crash. Got DJI care refresh thank god.

Mason.shi (DJI Support)

4月22日 CST20:37

Dear Martijn,

I hope you are well.

Today our engineers give the analysis result.

It seems that there is a jam in the aircraft system. Please update the firmware into the latest version. Here below is the tutorial video for your reference. Mavic Mini Tutorials - Firmware Updates

Please carefully check anain if this issue persists. If it still cannot be resolved, please kindly send your drone in for further diagnosis and repair is needed. As you are in Netherlands now but the origin of your Mini is Thailand, you can choose to send it in our repair facility in Netherlands, which will be a paid service, or you can send it back to Hong Kong, the repair will be free if this issue is not caused by you.

I look forward to your reply.
Best regards,
Mason

DJI Technical Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials

Mason.shi (DJI Support)
2020-4-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Ducatinus Posted at 4-22 22:53
Well after a while of investigating all my flightlogs DJI offers the following sollution in the email coppied below.
Conclusion:

"It seems that there is a jam in the aircraft system. Please update the firmware into the latest version."

That's a new one.  With "jam" reffering to problem which may be fixed with firmware update.
2020-4-22
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-22 23:20
"It seems that there is a jam in the aircraft system. Please update the firmware into the latest version."

That's a new one.  With "jam" reffering to problem which may be fixed with firmware update.

well it seems more like they have no idea
and it is more scary that battery "jam" disables the GPS....

i had that issue only once, no firmware update or nothing, so definitely not that, it is not a battery malfunction either, as i have had at least 6 flights after that on the same battery. So definitely starting to doubt the quality of the mini and DJI dev team...
2020-4-22
Use props
Ducatinus
lvl.2
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 4-22 23:59
well it seems more like they have no idea
and it is more scary that battery "jam" disables the GPS....

Flew multiple times with this battery and still fly it with this battery. Error occurs twice with the same battery. So my guess is that the battery is faulty because it happend only tot this battery (i have 3 batterys) error occurs erratically and can not be planned or triggered.

They dont have a clue at DJI, so firmware refresh is the best advice. Going to buy an other battery and fly faulty battery only in safe conditions.
Will cost me $50 but okay...

Well....if i crash into some persons i have evidence that i reported it and they told me to fly with it
Nice case of liability ;)

Will set my purchase of the mavic air 2 on hold. Don't like this customer supportand doubting the product
2020-4-23
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

Ducatinus Posted at 4-23 00:16
Flew multiple times with this battery and still fly it with this battery. Error occurs twice with the same battery. So my guess is that the battery is faulty because it happend only tot this battery (i have 3 batterys) error occurs erratically and can not be planned or triggered.

They dont have a clue at DJI, so firmware refresh is the best advice. Going to buy an other battery and fly faulty battery only in safe conditions.

i doubt it is a battery hardware issue, more like the firmware, unfortunately i don't think you can refresh that

well if DJI did the same level of QA for the mavic air 2 i would wait at least an year for them to bring it into functional shape and polish the numerous bugs...but still doubt i will be even tempted after seeing how unreliable and low quality is the software of the mini and having in mind it will be twice the price and still using the same crappy app
2020-4-23
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Might be weak battery contacts ?
2020-4-23
Use props
Ducatinus
lvl.2
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 4-23 00:43
i doubt it is a battery hardware issue, more like the firmware, unfortunately i don't think you can refresh that

well if DJI did the same level of QA for the mavic air 2 i would wait at least an year for them to bring it into functional shape and polish the numerous bugs...but still doubt i will be even tempted after seeing how unreliable and low quality is the software of the mini and having in mind it will be twice the price and still using the same crappy app
Yes, i mean error will be occurs with the technology . Only the way the handle it makes me afraid.
Just refreshed firmware. That’s no good CS for such an expensive piece of hardware
Keep my money in my pocket for a while. No urge to buy the MA2 anymore..

Maybe battery contacts of this specific battery
2020-4-23
Use props
Raylance
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18001798 ft
United States

This happened to me as 2 times as well.  The first time I was able to fly back the second time it crashed into a tree.  The first was my 27th flight and the second time was my 74th flight.  The first time I did not contact DJI.  The second time  I sent it into DJI and they repaired it free of charge.  I don't know if they did anything besides install new props.  It was the same mini I received back because I took a picture of the serial # and it is the same upon return.  I am now over 100 flights and it has been fine.  But its always in the back of my mind now when I fly.   It was a different battery in each occurrence.  I don't think it has anything to do with the battery.  I posted my logs on another forum and no one could tell for certain the root cause.  Just a side note these 2 instances are the only problems I ever encountered with the mini.  I have been thinking of selling it though.....
2020-4-27
Use props
Ducatinus
lvl.2
Netherlands

Raylance Posted at 4-27 08:27
This happened to me as 2 times as well.  The first time I was able to fly back the second time it crashed into a tree.  The first was my 27th flight and the second time was my 74th flight.  The first time I did not contact DJI.  The second time  I sent it into DJI and they repaired it free of charge.  I don't know if they did anything besides install new props.  It was the same mini I received back because I took a picture of the serial # and it is the same upon return.  I am now over 100 flights and it has been fine.  But its always in the back of my mind now when I fly.   It was a different battery in each occurrence.  I don't think it has anything to do with the battery.  I posted my logs on another forum and no one could tell for certain the root cause.  Just a side note these 2 instances are the only problems I ever encountered with the mini.  I have been thinking of selling it though.....

Thanks....i am using this battery again. DJI advised me to do. After the fw upgrade no issues anymore. They told me there was something wrong and advised me to do a fw upgrade. That
Day the new fw came out. I have care refresh now. If it happens again it will crash and i send it in....
2020-4-27
Use props
fans5bc86a63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87749 ft
Sweden

I lost my Mavic mini yesterday , because of loosing connection with remotecontroll and not returning to homepoint , this Drone realy sucks , bad wifi
2020-4-28
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

fans5bc86a63 Posted at 4-28 03:02
I lost my Mavic mini yesterday , because of loosing connection with remotecontroll and not returning to homepoint , this Drone realy sucks , bad wifi

I had my mini 2000m away a couple of days ago with no range extenders and the video on the phone was solid and smooth the entire time, what environment were you flying in? I see lots of people complain about range and signal strength but me and my friend who both live in the UK with CE minis can easily reach 2000m+ when out of town
2020-4-28
Use props
fans5bc86a63
lvl.2
Sweden

Bezik Posted at 4-28 03:10
I had my mini 2000m away a couple of days ago with no range extenders and the video on the phone was solid and smooth the entire time, what environment were you flying in? I see lots of people complain about range and signal strength but me and my friend who both live in the UK with CE minis can easily reach 2000m+ when out of town

I did fly 50 meter from my control and lost signal, the drone is not to be found
2020-4-28
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

fans5bc86a63 Posted at 4-28 03:15
I did fly 50 meter from my control and lost signal, the drone is not to be found

im not saying you didnt loose it, i was asking where you were flying with such low range, i find as long as no wifi interference from urban environments and keeping line with the drone clear of obstacles it has incredible range, even flying in my town over houses and factories i get amazing range, i think the key is to avoid obstacles (trees/buildings) I normally find gaining height helps

2020-4-28
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

fans5bc86a63 Posted at 4-28 03:02

Post the .txt log file. Perhaps we could help.

If it didn't return probably it didn't lose connection right away but was wrongly announced by the Fly app.What happens is MD loses connection with RC, but RC stil full in control.
2020-4-28
Use props
fans5bc86a63
lvl.2
Sweden

DJIFlightRecord_2020-04-24_[13-04-59].txt
2020-4-28
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

Bezik Posted at 4-28 03:27
im not saying you didnt loose it, i was asking where you were flying with such low range, i find as long as no wifi interference from urban environments and keeping line with the drone clear of obstacles it has incredible range, even flying in my town over houses and factories i get amazing range, i think the key is to avoid obstacles (trees/buildings) I normally find gaining height helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3L9Kzl7GVA

If you fly from some concrete or metal structures like a bridge you can have interference and low range even if you have no obstacle between the controller and the drone.
2020-4-28
Use props
fans5bc86a63
lvl.2
Sweden

2020-4-28
Use props
fans5bc86a63
lvl.2
Sweden

I found the DRONE on the roof , but now it loost wifi again in a forrest and ended up in a river ... lol

2020-7-15
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

fans5bc86a63, as amferreira said above concrete, bridges or anything that blocks your view of the Aircraft can cause signal loss. Sorry about your drone!
2020-7-15
Use props
dnx2k2
New
Flight distance : 157818 ft
Russia

Seems like this problem has nothing in common with battery. The friend of mine encountered exactly the same situation of error 110007 + GPS lost and it was definitely near some kind of restricted zone with active jamming equipment. I think this behavior is the result of jamming.
2020-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules