Right Joystick gets stuck in forward position
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reddley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 699948 ft
United States

Hello, i would like to know if the joystick on the right is intended to lock forwards and be unlocked by using more force backwards. Its effect strengthend recently and wondering if i should open it to diagnose it or if its intended. Thanks.

What its doing..

What its doing..
2020-4-7
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It should not be locking. .
2020-4-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Reddley, sorry for that case happened. You are recommended to send it in for a diagnosis.
You may start an online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav or contact our support team at this link:
http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and then send it in.
Please be advised that due to COVID-19 prevention and traffic controls, product repairs and shipment times are expected to be delayed.
2020-4-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I'm a little confused because you seem to be owning a P3S, but the controller you show in the gif is something different.  Is it a P3A/P?  I'll assume so since you posted in that forum  I would open it up and find out why it's doing that.  

Here is a youtube on how to open it.  However, be advised there's a good chance the plastic stems inside which thread the metal screws will crack or break regardless of how careful you are removing the screws.  It could be the plastic is already broken and a little piece of plastic is what is causing the problem.  I replaced the stock screws with slightly longer screws so that they would reach in further and bite into that plastic.  Good luck.

2020-4-8
Use props
Reddley
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 4-7 15:55
It should not be locking. .

Thanks for the reply, i opened it and found that a screw came loose and was jamming it and fixed it.
2020-4-8
Use props
Reddley
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 4-8 02:34
I'm a little confused because you seem to be owning a P3S, but the controller you show in the gif is something different.  Is it a P3A/P?  I'll assume so since you posted in that forum  I would open it up and find out why it's doing that.  

Here is a youtube on how to open it.  However, be advised there's a good chance the plastic stems inside which thread the metal screws will crack or break regardless of how careful you are removing the screws.  It could be the plastic is already broken and a little piece of plastic is what is causing the problem.  I replaced the stock screws with slightly longer screws so that they would reach in further and bite into that plastic.  Good luck.

Hello, thanks for the reply, long ago my P3S crashed and a friend gave me his old P3P. I opened the remote and found a screw came lose on the joystick mount internally.
2020-4-8
Use props
Reddley
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-8 01:58
Hi Reddley, sorry for that case happened. You are recommended to send it in for a diagnosis.
You may start an online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav or contact our support team at this link:
http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and then send it in.

Thanks for the reply, i was able to diagnose it. Loose screw inside.
2020-4-8
Use props
Reddley
lvl.1
United States

Thank you all for the quick replys. I was able to fix it.
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Reddley Posted at 4-8 05:55
Thanks for the reply, i was able to diagnose it. Loose screw inside.

You're welcome. For fly safety considering, we don't recommend our customers to repair the aircraft/remote controller yourself, you may send it in for a thorough diagnosis. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2020-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules