firmware update always failed
1879 5 2020-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sukputra
New

Indonesia

hallo.. could someone help me here
i just bought dji ronin s two weeks ago.. and i want to update the firmware.. and is alaways failed at 99 persen..
i already follow all the instruction.. with different computer. different cable.. still does not work.. now my gimbal is not working.. the lights is on. but nothing happen.
seems like there is no firmware..
i try all the firmware.. but everythings failed..
is my gimbal broken??

dji pro assistant already the latest..
someone please help.. thanks you

2020-4-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi sukputra, sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. You may refer to the tutorial video below to try the update again:

1. Confirm that the battery is fully charged. It is recommended to update the firmware when the gimbal is turned off.
2. Use the Type-C provided to connect the Ronin-S to the computer. Launch the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin, and log in to your DJI account.
3. Tap the Ronin-S icon and enter the Firmware Update page. Wait and refresh the firmware update list.
4. Select the firmware version that you wish to update, and operate correspondingly. Wait until the firmware updating is finished, and the gimbal will update automatically.
5. Restart the gimbal after the firmware update is finished.
Tips:
1. During updating, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet. Do not interrupt the data connection.
2. After the update is finished, if the gimbal's LED blinks red, it indicates that the firmware update fails, try updating again.
2020-4-8
Use props
BNeal
lvl.3
United States

Sukputra - Just wondering if you ever got the firmware figured out. I am holding off updating mine as I don't want to render it inoperable.
2020-4-20
Use props
djiuser_465o6gfIXpf6
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-8 01:29
Hi sukputra, sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. You may refer to the tutorial video below to try the update again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCe2yxmRp08&feature=youtu.be

I have the same problem, no matter what version I update or downgrade too.  My iOS Ronin software actually states each time what Firmware version is on my Ronin S but the macOS DJI Pro Assistant keeps insisting that the latest version is NOT installed, but then RETRYing keeps failing at the 99% mark no matter what I try.  It's hopeless.
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_465o6gfIXpf6
New

United States

djiuser_465o6gfIXpf6 Posted at 4-27 17:33
I have the same problem, no matter what version I update or downgrade too.  My iOS Ronin software actually states each time what Firmware version is on my Ronin S but the macOS DJI Pro Assistant keeps insisting that the latest version is NOT installed, but then RETRYing keeps failing at the 99% mark no matter what I try.  It's hopeless.

I have the same problem, no matter what version I update or downgrade too.  My iOS Ronin software actually states each time what Firmware version is on my Ronin S but the macOS DJI Pro Assistant keeps insisting that the latest version is NOT installed, but then RETRYing keeps failing at the 99% mark no matter what I try.  It's hopeless.  The Ronin S Focus Wheel double blinks RED in the LED, which would indicate that a Firmware version update is required ... so it's a complete mystery as to how all this is supposed to be solve as nothing works.
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_465o6gfIXpf6
New

United States

In my case, I ended up -based on DJI Support recommendation- removing the Focus Wheel.  The update then went through 100%.  Strangely enough, after installing the Focus Wheel again, it is showing that an update is needed and the Focus Wheel cannot connect to any camera - So maybe a faulty Focus Wheel in my case causing the issues - If you have a Focus Wheel installed, maybe worthwhile trying the same trick of removing it during update process.
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_465o6gfIXpf6
New

United States

In my case, I ended up -based on DJI Support recommendation- removing the Focus Wheel.  The update then went through 100%.  Strangely enough, after installing the Focus Wheel again, it is showing that an update is needed and the Focus Wheel cannot connect to any camera - So maybe a faulty Focus Wheel in my case causing the issues - If you have a Focus Wheel installed, maybe worthwhile trying the same trick of removing it during update process.
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules