Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lagging video playback
1244 16 2020-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0450726c
lvl.1

France

Never had any issue with my mavic pro but this year i have terrible lagging on my ipad mini 4 video playback and cannot activate custom channel mode on image transmission settings...
I had never upgrade anything as i intend to fly where i want to in respect of security of course. Im professionnal photographer.
So why this lagging please cos i cant use my drone anymore...
Thx

2020-4-7
Use props
fans0450726c
lvl.1

France

Plus : my footage is ok on computer only playback issue... thx
2020-4-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The only time lag can be detected is between live action and the video view, there is no such thing as lag on playback of a video clip.
2020-4-7
Use props
fans0450726c
lvl.1

France

Sorry you're right Geebax. The lag is between live action and what i see on my ipad in real time. Any idea ??
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the issue with your drone, could you please record a video to show us the problem?  We'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2020-4-8
Use props
Navic
lvl.1

France

Hi, as i said the video recording is ok on computer. Issue is only on my ipad screen, image is lagging, big pixels, freezing then works...
I ve also noticed i can't click on custom chanel mode on image transmission settings...
2020-4-8
Use props
Navic
lvl.1

France

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-8 01:19
Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the issue with your drone, could you please record a video to show us the problem?  We'd like to help you check it. Thanks.

Ok here is my ipad screen recording https://youtu.be/Os6ikSKY0zw
2020-4-8
Use props
Navic
lvl.1

France

I upgraded everything and the issue still there
I'm trying to find how to reset the rc... can't find anything clear about mavic rc rest
Boring...
2020-4-8
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Is that without an SD card in the Mavic? It looks like you have two different settings for image capture set - one at 25 fps and on at 24 fps. I'd check your video capture settings - also set the focus to manual and see if that makes any difference in streaming performance. And try this away from any home wifi - as that too might be interfering with the signal.
2020-4-8
Use props
Navic
lvl.1

France

Lamplighter55 Posted at 4-8 06:24
Is that without an SD card in the Mavic? It looks like you have two different settings for image capture set - one at 25 fps and on at 24 fps. I'd check your video capture settings - also set the focus to manual and see if that makes any difference in streaming performance. And try this away from any home wifi - as that too might be interfering with the signal.

Thx for reply Lamplighter. I do not think the issue come from image or video settings. It looks like the data transmission sometimes fails between the drone and the controller... I tried to reset the rc with the assistant app but it's not recognized... and still no access to the custom chanel mode. Could this issue come from the controller ??
2020-4-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Navic Posted at 4-8 02:35

There is always going to be some lag between live action and the image you see on the screen because of the image transmission method. Like most devices these days, the image is encoded using an MPEG system, which has built-in delays in the coding process. This is perfectly normal, and is not a fault in your system in any way. However your short clip shows that something is affecting the reception at the RC end, causing the decoded image to freeze for a short time. This could be a transmission path problem, although given the very short distance between the aircraft and RC nuit, that is less likely. More likely it is tied to the ability of your phone/tablet to properly decode the MPEG stream. What device are you using?
2020-4-8
Use props
Navic
lvl.1

Czechia

Thx Geebax. I never had any transmission issues before and what you saying about decode system is interesting but i find it a little surprising : how can you make a good footage in live action with your device lagging ? i have just seen i really can't...
My device is a recent 32 Go non cellular ipad mini 4 and it has always worked perfectly. I upgraded it with the last ios and cleaned the space disk with no app running in background cos i got few "cpu overload" too. I try live action outside too avoiding possible interferring signals: little better but still lagging... The only thing that changed for me is that the rc battery was completly empty because of non using it for 2 or 3 months... I've read on this forum the "no access to the custom chanel mode button" could be a geo country problem ...
2020-4-8
Use props
Navic
lvl.1

Czechia

Oustide test https://youtu.be/j_A0QHxTHRA
2020-4-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

OK, that is simply showing that the iPad Mini 4 is not dealing with the video playback very well. If it worked OK before then it is puzzling that it is not coping well now. But that could be due to additional processor loads from the latest version of DJO Go 4.
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Navic Posted at 4-8 02:35

Hi there, thanks for providing the video. It seems there is something wrong with the image transmission, it is normally caused by signal interference or poor performance of mobile devices. Please refer to the following troubleshooting:
1. Please ensure the firmware version of the aircraft, remote controller and App are all the latest.
2. Please further check the surroundings' condition and the using time. If the mobile device is under hot condition (it is hot or you have already used it for a while), the CPU of the mobile device may be affected, by which its performance is worse and leads to abnormal display.
3. You are recommended to change another phone to double-check.
4. Please try to change surroundings, it may because of the signal interference.
2020-4-8
Use props
Navic
lvl.1

Czechia

Ok guys sorry i bothered you. I did a new test this morning and it's work fine ii! I don't know why... maybe i had to charge twice the rc or upgrade the ipad and drone... thanks anyway and take care
2020-4-8
Use props
Navic
lvl.1

Czechia

Me again ! same issue...

I was able to use it perfectly for 2 weeks then suddenly above water the connection broke down (N/A everywhere) then came back 10 long seconds later !

From this moment lagging/freezing again on the ipad mini 4, footage is good... I checked thousand possible causes and find out the bitrate transmission was very low...

Any idea why ?

Thx

IMG_0105.jpg
2020-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules