Tablet and video editor suggestions?
3219 12 2020-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4562008 ft
Canada

I am thinking about getting a tablet specifically for my Mini and videi editing.
I don’t want an Ipad because i have android everything
  Maybe a Huawei m5. or a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" SM-T290, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e   Im just looking for some feedback, from people who use it with the Fly app, battery life, brightness when it’s sunny, overall performance?
Or another make/model i should consider?
  I am also looking for a good android app for video editing  The DJI Fly editor is ok but seems to lack some functionality.  I want to be able to change font, size, colour... I have tried most of the free android apps but they seem to be simple as well or have a watermark or you need to pay for advanced options, or get rid of the watermark.
  So if there are no good free apps I’m not opposed to paying for one.  Anyone have an app they like free or not?  My old laptop won’t run Davinci Resolve but I installed it on my daughters laptop and I really like it  I don’t need a new laptop and a tablet though   
2020-4-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

A tablet is not good for video editing, as the amount of memory is generally too low for editing any normal video content, video takes up a lot of storage. Also, tablets do not usually have video acceleration features which any decent video editor will need. You are much better off using a laptop, or even better, a full size desktop to edit video on.
2020-4-8
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Canada

Geebax Posted at 4-8 15:33
A tablet is not good for video editing, as the amount of memory is generally too low for editing any normal video content, video takes up a lot of storage. Also, tablets do not usually have video acceleration features which any decent video editor will need. You are much better off using a laptop, or even better, a full size desktop to edit video on.
Hey thanks for the reply. Ya i get it that tablet processing power and ram..... is not going to compare with a laptop. I must have downloaded 6 or 7 apps to ky galaxy s7 and tried them out. Some were good but had watermarks unless you pay. Im not lookong for professional editing just somethkng that has a bit more functionallity than the free ones. Davincy resolve seems really good on a laptop.
2020-4-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Trevor OV MM Posted at 4-8 16:05
Hey thanks for the reply. Ya i get it that tablet processing power and ram..... is not going to compare with a laptop. I must have downloaded 6 or 7 apps to ky galaxy s7 and tried them out. Some were good but had watermarks unless you pay. Im not lookong for professional editing just somethkng that has a bit more functionallity than the free ones. Davincy resolve seems really good on a laptop.

Resolve is excellent, I use the paid-for version on a high end desktop. But it has a steep learning curve and takes a lot of work to fully come to grips with.
2020-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Trevor OV MM Posted at 4-8 16:05
Hey thanks for the reply. Ya i get it that tablet processing power and ram..... is not going to compare with a laptop. I must have downloaded 6 or 7 apps to ky galaxy s7 and tried them out. Some were good but had watermarks unless you pay. Im not lookong for professional editing just somethkng that has a bit more functionallity than the free ones. Davincy resolve seems really good on a laptop.

If you’re looking for an app that runs 4K like a dream, is simple to use inexpensive , you need to look at LumaFusion it’s incredible and for $20 it’s so handy for drone footage, but I’m thinking it only works on iPad not 100% sure, but it works much faster than a laptop or even a desktop.
2020-4-8
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 4-8 16:45
If you’re looking for an app that runs 4K like a dream, is simple to use inexpensive , you need to look at LumaFusion it’s incredible and for $20 it’s so handy for drone footage, but I’m thinking it only works on iPad not 100% sure, but it works much faster than a laptop or even a desktop.

Thanks
I don't see it so must be for IOS only
2020-4-8
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Canada

So nobody edits videos in an app or uses a tablet with Fly?
2020-4-9
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-8 16:45
If you’re looking for an app that runs 4K like a dream, is simple to use inexpensive , you need to look at LumaFusion it’s incredible and for $20 it’s so handy for drone footage, but I’m thinking it only works on iPad not 100% sure, but it works much faster than a laptop or even a desktop.

Yes, LumaFusion only works on iPad or iPhone but it is fast, inexpensive (relative to the programs it competes with) and handles up up to 4K video like a champ.  iPad Pro plus LumaFusion is a great solution for video editing.
2020-4-9
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

Lumafusion running on iPads above 5th gen (2017) will kick any, I say ANY consumer grade computer.
2020-4-9
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

2020-4-9
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Canada

Adriano Araujo Posted at 4-9 10:23
Lumafusion running on iPads above 5th gen (2017) will kick any, I say ANY consumer grade computer.
Yes but its IOS. Im looking for Android?
2020-4-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BobWinNV Posted at 4-9 10:23
Yes, LumaFusion only works on iPad or iPhone but it is fast, inexpensive (relative to the programs it competes with) and handles up up to 4K video like a champ.  iPad Pro plus LumaFusion is a great solution for video editing.

It’s what I find I use now for all my drone videos, it’s great.
2020-4-9
Use props
Thomas Tommy
lvl.1

United States

I think Kinemaster can get the job done.
2020-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules