GPS lost every time
817 19 2020-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 517198 ft
Israel

Lately I struggle with a losing GPS signal although there enough satelites. It comes and goes. Once 13 to 17 satelites and than it drops for no reason to 0 satelites. The MM turns into atti mode. I calibrated the IMU unit and the compass, but no improvement.
I checked the amount of available satelites on the AUV app and it shows 12. Really frustrating. It happens lately every time I fly.
Is it possible that the GPS unit is broken? What to do?
20200409_093328.jpg
20200409_094940.jpg
Screenshot_20200409-093337.jpg
2020-4-8
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

Add also a pic of "sensor error" I get when GPS signal is gone.
20200409_101715.jpg
20200409_101723.jpg
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to know that you are experiencing trouble with the drone, Jonathan. Just to verify, did it happen in different open areas, and did the drone crash in the past? You may try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone and check again. If the issue persists, you may send in the drone for diagnosis and service. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-4-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jonathan Post IL Posted at 4-8 23:20
Add also a pic of "sensor error" I get when GPS signal is gone.

Have you anything covering top of the drone? Also have you tried in different areas like wide open spaces.
If you are happy you have then you might have a faulty GPS receiver.
2020-4-9
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

DJI Thor Posted at 4-9 01:54
Sorry to know that you are experiencing trouble with the drone, Jonathan. Just to verify, did it happen in different open areas, and did the drone crash in the past? You may try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone and check again. If the issue persists, you may send in the drone for diagnosis and service. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav

It doesn't matter where I fly it. It happens every where.
How do I renew firmware?
2020-4-9
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

hallmark007 Posted at 4-9 01:58
Have you anything covering top of the drone? Also have you tried in different areas like wide open spaces.
If you are happy you have then you might have a faulty GPS receiver.

I have tried it in different places. And no nothing is covering the drone.
2020-4-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jonathan Post IL Posted at 4-9 02:48
It doesn't matter where I fly it. It happens every where.
How do I renew firmware?

Firmware probably won't make any difference.
It sounds a lot like a faulty connection or GPS unit.
2020-4-9
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

mine gets no satelites found every time im indoors, as soon as i go outside it finds 14-16
2020-4-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bezik Posted at 4-9 05:18
mine gets no satelites found every time im indoors, as soon as i go outside it finds 14-16

That's to be expected.
You need a clear skyview to receive satellite signals.
Next time you are outside, try covering the drone with your hand and see what that does to the satellite reception.

2020-4-9
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 4-9 06:01
That's to be expected.
You need a clear skyview to receive satellite signals.
Next time you are outside, try covering the drone with your hand and see what that does to the satellite reception.

i understand this, my point was that the OP pics look like hes in a house
2020-4-9
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

DJI Thor Posted at 4-9 01:54

I had the MM connect to DJI assistent 2. Immediately after connecting it said something like that parts of the firmware has wrong connections or missing parts with parts of the drone. It started doing an upgrade.
I will check it tomorrow, because I don't like flying in the dark. I'll keep you updated.
2020-4-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jonathan Post IL Posted at 4-9 14:34
I had the MM connect to DJI assistent 2. Immediately after connecting it said something like that parts of the firmware has wrong connections or missing parts with parts of the drone. It started doing an upgrade.
I will check it tomorrow, because I don't like flying in the dark. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks, please keep us updated.
2020-4-10
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

First time ever today, I lost signal after 5-600m, no matter which direction, all fields. I guess the interference from all this people at home
2020-4-10
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

it might some sensor error
2020-4-10
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

DJI Thor Posted at 4-10 05:20
Thanks, please keep us updated.

Today, I have flown the MM for almost an hour. I only had the statelites disappear only once, but after callibrating the compass no problems. Maybe I flew a little bit too close to a powerline which influenced the compass, because of EMR. It looks like the problem is solved. At least for now. Thanks for the help.
2020-4-11
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

Jonathan Post IL Posted at 4-11 08:28
Today, I have flown the MM for almost an hour. I only had the statelites disappear only once, but after callibrating the compass no problems. Maybe I flew a little bit too close to a powerline which influenced the compass, because of EMR. It looks like the problem is solved. At least for now. Thanks for the help.

Today I flew again and again no GPS most of the time. Most of the time it was 0 satelites.  
2020-4-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jonathan Post IL Posted at 4-13 07:59
Today I flew again and again no GPS most of the time. Most of the time it was 0 satelites.

Sorry for the trouble. Please double confirm if it relates to the specific location. If this happens frequently in different places, you may send it in for a diagnosis. You can contact the local dealer to help.
2020-4-14
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

Jonathan Post IL Posted at 4-8 23:20
Add also a pic of "sensor error" I get when GPS signal is gone.[Image]

Hi, Jonathan Post IL!

Someone raported, that loosy battery connection can couse sensor errors. If You have only one battery - try o reconnect the battery. Perhaps it helps?
2020-4-14
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

I have the combo, so I have 3 batteries. I have tried to change the batteries several times, but without succes.
2020-4-14
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Israel

DJI Thor Posted at 4-14 18:58
Sorry for the trouble. Please double confirm if it relates to the specific location. If this happens frequently in different places, you may send it in for a diagnosis. You can contact the local dealer to help.

Okay. Thanks
2020-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules