DJI Mimo - Story templates
21017 23 2020-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j0ka
New
Germany

Hi everyone,
is there a way to create own Story templates using the DJI Mimo app? The Story mode is really nice, but the pre-configured templates do not work in some occasions.

Cheers
2020-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi j0ka, DJI Mimo supports Custom Story Template, please press '+' button in the DJI Mimo homepage, select the clips you like, then edit--done, save to My Story. Please enter Story Mode, and slide down to the final one, you will find Custom Story.
Story Template.png
2020-4-9
Use props
j0ka
New
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-9 01:21
Hi j0ka, DJI Mimo supports Custom Story Template, please press '+' button in the DJI Mimo homepage, select the clips you like, then edit--done, save to My Story. Please enter Story Mode, and slide down to the final one, you will find Custom Story.
[view_image]

Hi DJI MIndy,

thanks for the hint. It's not ideal, but it works.

Would be cool to have something like a template editor or more configuration options when using custom stories, so that you don't need to use / edit "old" clips just to create a new Story template...
2020-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

j0ka Posted at 4-9 01:49
Hi DJI MIndy,

thanks for the hint.  It's not ideal, but it works.

Thanks for your suggestion, we will forward it to our engineers for attention.
2020-4-9
Use props
pramodkg
New

India

Hello Experts,

I tried to use mystery templates for adding video, how to edit the predefined texts from template also music? Its not allowing for me please help thanks...
2020-4-17
Use props
mudalina
New
Indonesia

Hi there
Is there an app with which I can edit the templates in my story?
I can create my own custom template, but with the dji mimo app the choices for adding Text (size, fond, color,etc) or transitions are very limited.

I would love to have an app to customize the existing templates or to improve the dji mimo app.

Best regards
Doris
2020-6-21
Use props
supermimai
New
Flight distance : 40584 ft
France

Hi j0ka, DJI Mimo supports Custom Story Template, please press '+' button in the DJI Mimo homepage, select the clips you like, then edit--done, save to My Story. Please enter Story Mode, and slide down to the final one, you will find Custom Story.
[view_image]

when I reach this dialog, the save to [my story] isnt  visible anymore ( I did create 2 custom templates in the past ) ,
do you know what happens or what to check ?
2020-7-26
Use props
Symoncee
New

Canada

Mimo story Mode .. does anyone found a way to edit the written messages into Mimo story Mode ?.... If no ... Please DJI. Please create additional template every month, so we can use them. Don't mind paying for it. It would be also great to have the choice to add the text effect or not. I think DJI create a monster there. It is so efficient I am astonishing. I try to find other software like that and didn't find any.
2020-8-22
Use props
jtmacb
lvl.1
United States

Symoncee Posted at 8-22 18:11
Mimo story Mode .. does anyone found a way to edit the written messages into Mimo story Mode ?.... If no ... Please DJI. Please create additional template every month, so we can use them. Don't mind paying for it. It would be also great to have the choice to add the text effect or not. I think DJI create a monster there. It is so efficient I am astonishing. I try to find other software like that and didn't find any.

I agree. It would be great to have regular additions to the templates in Story mode. I am a Realtor and I love the template that is like a fashion show. I forget the name but it takes quick clips using different angles. My only complaint is that you can't increase the number of clips that it uses or change the length of each. Those two improvements would mean a lot to me and I am sure a lot to other users and it would seem to be so simple for the programmers at DJI to make these improvements but here we are more than a year after the app was introduced and no new story themes or improvements to the old ones.
2020-9-1
Use props
jtmacb
lvl.1
United States

[view_image]

But if the OSMO 3 or OM4 change positions/angles using a particular story template how to you recreate those quickly and easily? That's why using an existing story template but being able to add more clips and change the timing of each one would be so helpful. If I am shooting a large real estate property I need more than 4 or 5 clips to tell the story.
2020-9-1
Use props
djiuser_xvfG6k53xh4q
lvl.1
United States

Yes please, all these suggestions are great! Please give us full, simple customization options such as the number of clips, length of clips, more movement options, custom music or no music, text removal/options.  Also regarding length of clips, it would be really great if we use long segments of time, like 30 seconds or even minutes.  This app is so close to being able to do more amazing things.

Edit: also ability to choose transitions between photos.
2020-11-9
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's too bad that DJI's software lags the hardware department. I had posted this after the first pocket was released. I had hoped after each product since they would have addressed this at launch. On ios LumaFusion is amazing not much on Android.
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_aPB7KXFoRT2p
New

Canada

jtmacb Posted at 2020-9-1 11:54
I agree. It would be great to have regular additions to the templates in Story mode. I am a Realtor and I love the template that is like a fashion show. I forget the name but it takes quick clips using different angles. My only complaint is that you can't increase the number of clips that it uses or change the length of each. Those two improvements would mean a lot to me and I am sure a lot to other users and it would seem to be so simple for the programmers at DJI to make these improvements but here we are more than a year after the app was introduced and no new story themes or improvements to the old ones.

Hi new guy here and just getting into the full swing of my osmo3 as many maybe also yes there is a way Iam also doing real estate when he is completed these homes and your can also continue to add as much as you see fit to the end middle or beginning I was also looking to see if there are any ways to get more story boards but I came on this one feels from down under lol. And here goes right onto how to extend any boards and it's quite easy but has a cell around and see what works for you type feel. Now that I have found this article I will find the YouTube videos he makes and post back as soon as I can with a kick right to it for all and this feels goes in depth with his videos.
So please hang in there and I will get the lock as soon as I find it once again I told myself I wouldn't forget it but have isn't this always the way it works out but bear with me folks and I will be back.
Stay safe all-Dave
2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_U4v8ntTUBLsW
New

United Kingdom

Search DJI Osmo Mimo create your own story templates by Liquid Erf on YouTube - he shows how to do it. Sorry, this forum doesnt allow me to post the URL
2021-4-1
Use props
Jens-Christian Alonso von Werner
New

Finland

They NEVER work, I am very upset, I bought the drone, but the app is a pile of ....
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_KCGUXrbp4iaO
New

India

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-4-9 01:21
Hi j0ka, DJI Mimo supports Custom Story Template, please press '+' button in the DJI Mimo homepage, select the clips you like, then edit--done, save to My Story. Please enter Story Mode, and slide down to the final one, you will find Custom Story.
[view_image][Image]

I am using android, and on my phone after saving it as you suggested. Still I am unable to find template in story mode. Please help
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_KCGUXrbp4iaO Posted at 6-9 05:39
I am using android, and on my phone after saving it as you suggested. Still I am unable to find template in story mode. Please help

Hi there, could you please tell us your app version? Please upgrade the app to the latest version to see if the problem still exists? If yes, please provide us a video of the said issue, and we will forward it to the corresponding team for further check. And please also tell us your phone's model number and operating system version.
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_bLM6vk3QP7sm
New

Spain

supermimai Posted at 2020-7-26 14:23
when I reach this dialog, the save to [my story] isnt  visible anymore ( I did create 2 custom templates in the past ) ,
do you know what happens or what to check ?

I got exactly the same issue
2022-1-17
Use props
djiuser_B76vBssX4j9P
New

India

Hi i tried using the dji story mode, the video turns out to be good but i dont understand why my last clip turns black and the video is not visible! Currently using the iphone 13 with dji osmo 4 se
2022-5-21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

+1 for the template customization options.
2022-5-26
Use props
djiuser_p0HF7H5iLMh3
lvl.1

United States

[view_image]

Yes, but it will still keep the texts
2022-5-28
Use props
djiuser_p0HF7H5iLMh3
lvl.1

United States

[view_image]

but it will still keep the texts
2022-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_p0HF7H5iLMh3 Posted at 5-28 04:50
but it will still keep the texts

Hi there, we are sorry to tell you that the text in the template is not removable. But we will forward your feedback and suggestion to the corresponding team. You can go to the Pro mode to edit the video and add the text you want.
2022-5-29
Use props
fans311bdd33
New

United States

Hello, are the clips with the music that you create in story mode usable license free for a YouTube channel ?
2022-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules