Wrong Plug!
368 5 2020-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Polyvista
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2359 ft
United Kingdom

I've just bought and received an Osmo Pocket. I was really hooked by the adverts and specification. However, at the moment I'm very very disappointed as I cannot ACTIVATE THE DEVICE. The universal Port Plugs provided do not fit my Samsung Galaxy 6 smartphone! The USB plug provided is slightly bigger that the Samsung's socket. HELP how can I get the Osmo working?. When I odered, I saw no mention that a Smartphone of a particular type was an essential requirement to get it working. I would not have ordered it if I knew that!
HOW CAN I GET IT WORKING? PLEASE HELP.

2020-4-9
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Unfortunately, the Pocket comes with a lightning adaptor and a USB-C adaptor. I believe the Galaxy 6 is micro USB. You'll need to acquire a micro to usb c cable such as this:
https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Mat ... 86422947&sr=8-1
2020-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Polyvista, Osmo Pocket only comes with Lightning Adapter and USB-C Adapter, the adaptor is not compatible with Android phones with Micro-USB interface for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-4-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Polyvista, currently, the Osmo Pocket has 2 adapters, the USB-C and Lightning. If your mobile device has a micro USB port, you may try below:
1. Please kindly activate the Osmo Pocket with a Type-C port or a Lightning port mobile phone, then use the wireless module to connect the mobile device (it has not been shipped, please kindly wait patiently).
2. You may try to use a Type-C OTG cable (Type-C to USB) to connect the Micro-USB cable, then connect the Osmo Pocket with the mobile phone to activate and use the Osmo Pocket.
However, as mobile devices with the Micro USB port are not in the support list, the compatibility of using may not be able to ensure. Thank you for your understanding.
2020-4-9
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

I bought one of these so that I could also use an old phone as remote for my OP:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Q8JX4BZ

(Thats an Amazon UK link, but it may be available in other territories as well)

I was pleasantly suprised that for the price it works perfectly (That's with an old HTC One M7 - control is perfect, but 4K video is a bit stuttery, though that could be because of the older phone spec or the lower bandwidth capability of a Micro-USB port)!

No need for an adapter cable with this as it works just like the supplied adapters.

--Edit--

I checked Amazon.com and it's also available there:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q8JX4BZ
2020-4-9
Use props
JSo
lvl.3
Netherlands

Hi Polyvista,

I also bought one of these 3rd party adapters. They work very well. I bought mine via Aliexpress.
But you have to check very precisely which of the two versions you need. There is a regular one and a reverse one.
I first ordered the wrong one and had to order the other one in a second try.
If you order the wrong one, the phone will be the wrong way arround.

Greetings and good luck
2020-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules