1903 28 2020-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechCreator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187274 ft
Malaysia

Dear All,
I was thinking to upgrade  to another drone. Currently i'm using dji spark. I had read thru that mavic 2 have hyperlapse and same goes to mavic 2 pro.
I love all the features that embedded in each drone such as active track, droning, rocket, dolly zoom, hyperlapse and etc.

However i was not sure what is the best dji drone i should upgrade and worth it in term of money and features. So many youtube vid with review and comment but what is the best still make me wonder. In the market there was so many option and hard to conclude.
2020-4-9
Use props
Gregg F
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40846 ft
United States

If you do more videos, the Zoom is better. Pro is far superior for stills and large RAW photos.
2020-4-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Depends on your planned usage.
The zoom has something unique (optical zoom) and that gives very nice results, especially for video.
The Pro has the bigger sensor that should give you a bit more dynamic range. (useful for both video and photography)
I personally would opt for the flexibility of the zoom, unless I really need that 1"sensor for photography.
You can make shots from further away (safer) and get that 50mm look with the zoom.
Plus it is a bit less expensive too
2020-4-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, the only difference between both editions is their respective gimbal cameras. However, by purchasing the Mavic 2 Gimbal Camera Replacement Service on the online repair request page, you have the option to replace your gimbal camera with the other version by sending it to the DJI After-Sales Team.
You may check the specs on DJI official web: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#specs and make a comparison between the Mavic 2 Pro Camera and the Mavic 2 Zoom Camera:

Hope this can help you. Thanks.
2020-4-10
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi TechCreator,

you should ask yourself "what is my main purpose for flying the drone ?"

The Mavic zoom and pro are the same craft. Difference is the camera.
The pro has a 20MP 1" sensor, no zoom. Espescially intresing when you do a lot of still photography. It is quite a difference.
The zoom has a 12MP 1/2.3" sensor. More capability if you are more into videography and less in photography.
2020-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As someone who owns and uses both I have to say it’s a tough choice and it might depend on what you’re intentions are to use it for, if I want to get some nice footage use the AT zoom or 48mp super shots basically for family use travel etc, I will always choose the zoom. It produces very very good footage and photos and I tend not to spend much time editing and sometimes only shoot jpeg 48mp and panoramas and let the software do all the hard work.

If you are in need of the best footage available I still think Pro is better for both footage and photo, but in order to get the best out of it you need to shoot Raw photo and log video, this will then mean a lot of post work many hours to get the best out of the sensor on the pro, if this is something you enjoy or don’t mind spending time at then pro is what you need.

Which do I use most, probably pro as I mostly shoot stills, but I have big backlogs of footage taken waiting to process on the pro, where as almost all footage I shoot with zoom I have processed or it doesn’t require processing.
I will also say shooting automatic panoramas which require very little post, it’s hard to beat the zoom.

Tough choice but really good one.
2020-4-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 4-10 03:59
As someone who owns and uses both I have to say it’s a tough choice and it might depend on what you’re intentions are to use it for, if I want to get some nice footage use the AT zoom or 48mp super shots basically for family use travel etc, I will always choose the zoom. It produces very very good footage and photos and I tend not to spend much time editing and sometimes only shoot jpeg 48mp and panoramas and let the software do all the hard work.

If you are in need of the best footage available I still think Pro is better for both footage and photo, but in order to get the best out of it you need to shoot Raw photo and log video, this will then mean a lot of post work many hours to get the best out of the sensor on the pro, if this is something you enjoy or don’t mind spending time at then pro is what you need.

Also, if you shoot video, the 50mm effect is really nice with the 'zoom'.
There is no way of mimicking that compressed look with the Pro.
Not even with cropping.
When you have moving footage at 50mm, there is this look that instantly makes it stand out.
2020-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 4-10 04:13
Not even with cropping.

Very true, zoom is great .
2020-4-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 4-10 04:25

Too bad it does not have the new CE certificate already.
Otherwise I would buy it right now.
2020-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 4-10 07:53
Too bad it does not have the new CE certificate already.
Otherwise I would buy it right now.

I think there might be two versions of Mavic Air, be surprised if one doesn’t have same and better features than zoom, and if it has Ocyusync then it might be worth having a look at, it will almost certainly confer with new regs which have been postponed, not sure for how long but they won’t come into effect until later.
2020-4-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2P,  you can always zoom in later in post.
2020-4-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 4-10 08:02
I think there might be two versions of Mavic Air, be surprised if one doesn’t have same and better features than zoom, and if it has Ocyusync then it might be worth having a look at, it will almost certainly confer with new regs which have been postponed, not sure for how long but they won’t come into effect until later.

From what I have seen, it does not have the CE mark on its label.
Meaning it was not approved.
But that is not strange, since the exact requirements are not clear. (at least that is what I have heard).
2020-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 4-10 08:23
From what I have seen, it does not have the CE mark on its label.
Meaning it was not approved.
But that is not strange, since the exact requirements are not clear. (at least that is what I have heard).

Yes that’s because those pictures come from application for FCC approval, we don’t have such an open application for CE approval .
2020-4-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 4-10 08:38
Yes that’s because those pictures come from application for FCC approval, we don’t have such an open application for CE approval .

I really hope it is CE approved.  (new regulations)
2020-4-10
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

Gregg F Posted at 4-9 19:17
If you do more videos, the Zoom is better. Pro is far superior for stills and large RAW photos.

Thanks , i do agree zoom is better, do you know either DJI google compatible with mavic 2 zoom  and mavic 2 pro? i bought the DJI google recently.
2020-6-4
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

Montfrooij Posted at 4-10 01:12
Depends on your planned usage.
The zoom has something unique (optical zoom) and that gives very nice results, especially for video.
The Pro has the bigger sensor that should give you a bit more dynamic range. (useful for both video and photography)

Thanks for the feedback. I also attracted to zoom as what you mentioned. Agreed that, in term of capturing picture, with zoom give more advantage.
2020-6-4
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-10 01:39
Hi there, the only difference between both editions is their respective gimbal cameras. However, by purchasing the Mavic 2 Gimbal Camera Replacement Service on the online repair request page, you have the option to replace your gimbal camera with the other version by sending it to the DJI After-Sales Team.
You may check the specs on DJI official web: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#specs and make a comparison between the Mavic 2 Pro Camera and the Mavic 2 Zoom Camera:
[view_image]

Thanks very useful comparison, so many useful input provided in this forum, appreciate your time replying this post.
2020-6-4
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

JohnDG Posted at 4-10 03:11
Hi TechCreator,

you should ask yourself "what is my main purpose for flying the drone ?"

yes...that is the question i suppose to ask.
But before buying drone, i alwalys felt that, am i making right desicion?, Sometime what is advertised is not really same in actual. That is why your respond is important to me. Thank you and appreciate it.
2020-6-4
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-10 03:59
As someone who owns and uses both I have to say it’s a tough choice and it might depend on what you’re intentions are to use it for, if I want to get some nice footage use the AT zoom or 48mp super shots basically for family use travel etc, I will always choose the zoom. It produces very very good footage and photos and I tend not to spend much time editing and sometimes only shoot jpeg 48mp and panoramas and let the software do all the hard work.

If you are in need of the best footage available I still think Pro is better for both footage and photo, but in order to get the best out of it you need to shoot Raw photo and log video, this will then mean a lot of post work many hours to get the best out of the sensor on the pro, if this is something you enjoy or don’t mind spending time at then pro is what you need.

I think your are profesional photographer, my level i assume still beginner . I deeply understanding what your are saying. There are still lots of things i need to discover, learn to enable me to get the best quality of photo. In the nutshell Zoom and Pro both have lots of advantage. Zoom probably required less time as it is automatic as compared to Pro.
2020-6-4
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-10 04:25

Most of the feedback make me keen to Zoom....
2020-6-4
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

Montfrooij Posted at 4-10 04:13
Not even with cropping.

The distance of 50 mm make the different for moving footage? So if using zoom , it is recommended for moving footage not for picture, I hope i understand it correctly. Thanks
2020-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TechCreator Posted at 6-4 06:43
Most of the feedback make me keen to Zoom....

Whichever one you choose, both are great and both can be used for hobbyists and professional. I think price May reduce sometime soon, so waiting if you’re not in a hurry might be worth it, also Mavic2 Air is also a really good option.
2020-6-4
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

hallmark007 Posted at 6-4 06:52
Whichever one you choose, both are great and both can be used for hobbyists and professional. I think price May reduce sometime soon, so waiting if you’re not in a hurry might be worth it, also Mavic2 Air is also a really good option.

Yes agreed what u said. I also explore Mavic air 2. Nowadays other that taking picture, i tried to explore excitement using DJI goggle but unfortunately Mavic Air 2 not compatible with DJI google. So probably need to wait a bit for the upgrade by DJI team.
2020-6-4
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

i have both. It is not true that zoom is better for videos and pro for photos. Pro is better on everything and zoom has zoom. just like that. But if u dont need pro features like aperture control and like the zoom efect maybe zoom is better  for u. if i have to sell one i sell zoom. love to own both.
2020-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

TechCreator Posted at 6-4 06:47
The distance of 50 mm make the different for moving footage? So if using zoom , it is recommended for moving footage not for picture, I hope i understand it correctly. Thanks

The effect is most prominent with moving footage. (video).
But it is also very handy for stills. Since you can 'zoom' in on the subject without cropping.
2020-6-4
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 08:13
M2P,  you can always zoom in later in post.

It's not the same to just crop in post processing than changing the focal distance. You can never acheive the focal change in cropping because the relation between the objects, the compressed perspective you get at higher focal, cannot be replicate by simply cropping. It will never ever be the same. If you take a picture of many people with 200mm lens, they will look as if they are close to each other, if you take them at 20mm, you completely lose that perspective.
2020-6-13
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

Hello Guys-finally i bought MAVIC PRO second hand based on my budget..awesome !!!!
2020-11-25
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TechCreator Posted at 11-25 05:34
Hello Guys-finally i bought MAVIC PRO second hand based on my budget..awesome !!!!

Congratulations - enjoy
2020-11-27
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
United States

Gelert Posted at 11-27 08:04
Congratulations - enjoy

Thanks....
2020-11-30
Use props