Mavic Air2 Is Coming How Many will Upgrade. Poll..........
8190 147 2020-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

All sad DJI Air 2 + DJI Fly!
2020-4-27
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

Nope... Hardly get to fly my Mavic Air as it is.
2020-4-27
Use props
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 212434 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-27 18:29
The controller has less buttons so I’m not sure why you’d want it.

I realized that after I posted my question...

The only reason I like this new controller is because the phone sits on top, and I think that would be better when flying....
2020-4-28
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1644009 ft
United States

Almost certain to order, but will wait a bit for "issues" (hardware & software) to surface.  Test the hell out of it and save me headaches!!
2020-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Akirasho Posted at 4-28 12:02
Almost certain to order, but will wait a bit for "issues" (hardware & software) to surface.  Test the hell out of it and save me headaches!!

Will do, I think it’s definitely the best bang for buck drone on the market you will find a huge difference for the better when you get it.
2020-4-28
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Akirasho Posted at 4-28 12:02

I just love being a beta tester ;-)
2020-4-28
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

How does it work, is it shipped from china? So You have to pay VAT from order shipped from nonEU country?
2020-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

virtual Posted at 4-29 09:28
How does it work, is it shipped from china? So You have to pay VAT from order shipped from nonEU country?

All taxes are included in the price, your courier will be fully aware of this.
2020-4-29
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 09:33
All taxes are included in the price, your courier will be fully aware of this.

OK, thank You, it looks a bit cheaper than our local dealer offers. How long it usually takes to deliver?
2020-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

virtual Posted at 4-29 09:53
OK, thank You, it looks a bit cheaper than our local dealer offers. How long it usually takes to deliver?

On the website it’s saying 12/17 days delivered . And it usually ships on time.
2020-4-29
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 09:55
On the website it’s saying 12/17 days delivered . And it usually ships on time.

Sounds good, I might try it in the future.
2020-4-29
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-28 12:28
Will do, I think it’s definitely the best bang for buck drone on the market you will find a huge difference for the better when you get it.

Why buy a Mini and a Mavic 2 Air when you have an M2P?  It's cool to have a collection and all but it's just more to maintain though people buy many of the same things too.
2020-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 4-29 10:26
Why buy a Mini and a Mavic 2 Air when you have an M2P?  It's cool to have a collection and all but it's just more to maintain though people buy many of the same things too.

Well I left the house the other day heading over to the beach with the dog and I decided to break the boredom I’d bring the drone with me, I didn’t want to be carrying bags an cameras and stuff I think I might use, so I put the mini in my jacket pocket and the Osmo pocket also in my pocket , no hassle wasn’t planning anything special just something to do as I walked no fuss just record part of my day. So one reason I own the mini. Video below.
I also own a Mavic Air1 which I used to take with me everywhere I traveled particularly overseas but I started having some issues with signal , so I then started bringing my zoom or pro with me but they are definitely more hassle, now the Air2 has Ocysync and longer battery life better camera etc I decided to sell my zoom which I have done and buy Mavic air 2 which I will use, I’ll keep Air1 just because the style is so different and we probably won’t ever see similar from dji again.

2020-4-29
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 10:42
Well I left the house the other day heading over to the beach with the dog and I decided to break the boredom I’d bring the drone with me, I didn’t want to be carrying bags an cameras and stuff I think I might use, so I put the mini in my jacket pocket and the Osmo pocket also in my pocket , no hassle wasn’t planning anything special just something to do as I walked no fuss just record part of my day. So one reason I own the mini. Video below.
I also own a Mavic Air1 which I used to take with me everywhere I traveled particularly overseas but I started having some issues with signal , so I then started bringing my zoom or pro with me but they are definitely more hassle, now the Air2 has Ocysync and longer battery life better camera etc I decided to sell my zoom which I have done and buy Mavic air 2 which I will use, I’ll keep Air1 just because the style is so different and we probably won’t ever see similar from dji again.

mavic mini in the jacket pocket? but what about the controller?
2020-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 4-29 11:12
mavic mini in the jacket pocket?

Yes it’s tiny .This is second video I took

2020-4-29
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 11:14
Yes it’s tiny .This is second video I took

https://youtu.be/tSE9cpuK280

what about the controller?
2020-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 4-29 11:17
what about the controller?

New style jackets two pockets lol.
2020-4-29
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 11:18
New style jackets two pockets lol.

It's the same amount of work as pulling out an M2 out of a backpack imo.
2020-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 4-29 13:19
It's the same amount of work as pulling out an M2 out of a backpack imo.

Fine if your working, but for genuine fun mini is great and a lot more convenient.
2020-4-29
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

For me, the most important factor is being able to fly recreationally in the city and on people. For what I need, according to the rules of my country a drone of less than 250g. the mini is ideal for this, that was the reason of more weight in my purchase decision, I do not change it.
Understand that I can fly without having to ask for permits or licenses, just following a series of rules, no more than 20 meters high and always in sight.
2020-4-30
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Mini is a capable beast only thing that would swing it for me is if the still performance is night and day in the Air 2's favour. Really would like to get my hands on the same scene taken with  Mini and  Air 2 and compare the Mini jpeg and Air 2 12Mp RAW.
2020-5-2
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

They have not yet found the key, the GOD KING OF DRONES will be the one with the possibilities of a Mavic PRO, and the weight of an MM. Then, and only then, will I spend my money on something really USEFUL FOR ME.
2020-5-3
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Whatever I get next, it must be able to fly reliably and safely at an elevation of 5000 to 9000 feet above sea level with a breeze of at least 30 MPH at 200 feet above ground level.

So far, I have only had a couple of opportunities to fly my Mini here since buying it five months ago.  It's just too weak to use.

I'd need to have assurance that whatever I get will actually fly under normal conditions in my area.

I check the flying weather apps daily, and between wind and visibility of enough satellites, it's always a no-go (except sometimes in the wee hours of night!

In the specifications, the manufacturer will need to list elevation above sea level range, wind capability, etc.

The Mini is cute.  And it's tiny and light.  But it's been all but useless to me here.
2020-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Sigmo Posted at 5-3 15:14
Whatever I get next, it must be able to fly reliably and safely at an elevation of 5000 to 9000 feet above sea level with a breeze of at least 30 MPH at 200 feet above ground level.

So far, I have only had a couple of opportunities to fly my Mini here since buying it five months ago.  It's just too weak to use.

Well wind won’t be a problem.

2020-5-3
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

That seems pretty impressive.  Then again, I saw video wind tests of the Mini that claimed that it did very well.  But I think they were flying near sea level, too.

At higher elevations, things may be different for the poor mini as it works harder just to fly.

Still, that looked very encouraging!

Something with a good margin of power is what will get my attention.  And that is going to mean a bigger, heavier drone, for sure.

I am hoping that during this coming summer I will have some calm days when even the Mini can be used around here.

2020-5-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

just purchased a Mavic 2 air combo.  couldn't resist.
2020-5-5
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1644009 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-5 21:53
just purchased a Mavic 2 air combo.  couldn't resist.

… a Saint done in by temptation?  Turn in your Saint card!!

My stimulus check is "spent"..
2020-5-6
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

This forum is as bad as the camera and gun forums.  Lots and lots of temptations!

Give us a report when you have a chance, Saint!
2020-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules