10520 10 2020-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brucom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10171 ft
Italy

Good Morning to the Forum
According to a new Regulation, in a few months, also the DJI Mavic Mini must be registered to the Italian Civil Aviation Authority.
Some of the required data are serial numbers, from the aircraft and from the remote, plus a third number I do not understand the meaning.
So I started to look around to collect such serial numbers.
First I looked at the DJI FLY app and found the serial numbers in the ABOUT menu item.
But then had a doubt because of some threads in DJI Forum mentioning labels attached below the remote or on the aircraft.
So I had look also to such serial numbers and discovered, with my big surprise, that do not match the ones shown by the DJI FLY app.
In summary, about the aircraft, the serial number from the label under the battery flap equates to the serial reported on the box but not to the one showed by the app.
For the remote, the serial number reported by the label below the remote itself does not equate to the one showed by the app.
My questions are:
  • why do we have such differences and
  • wich ones are the right serial numbers to be used ? The ones from the labels or the ones reported by the DJI FLY app ?

Thank you

2020-4-13
Use props
ilou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181998 ft
Germany

As I read for registering my drone for Care Refresh, the ones on the label are the correct numbers.

There's a bug in DJI Fly app, that's not showing the correct number.
2020-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s the one on your box, I know it’s strange.
2020-4-13
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Greetings!

This is just another problem that DJI has not yet fixed.

The correct serial numbers are:
1/ Drone > Under the battery flap (also on box)
2/ Remote Controller > On the bottom of the RC.

Hopefully one day DJI will fix all the wrong serial numbers showing in the DJI Fly app.

Ciao!
2020-4-13
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

On the box. I should agree with the sticker in your battery bay. But I somehow remember the sticker has not S/N on it.
2020-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, the serial number in DJI Fly’s About page different from the aircraft’s serial number, please don't worry and refer to the information below:
The following information is shown in DJI Fly’s About page:
1. Aircraft flight controller’s serial number;
2. Remote controller main board’s serial number;
3. Battery’s serial number;
4. Camera’s serial number.
The flight controller serial number and remote controller mainboard serial number are related to product activation. The relevant information is shown in the app so that you can check it easily.
The flight controller serial number is needed when you make unlocking requests and apply for flight permission in some areas. Therefore, the flight controller serial number is shown in the app.
If you want to purchase the DJI Care service for your product, please use the aircraft serial number, which is located both on the sticker on the airframe and on the product packaging.
Hope this can help you. Should there any further questions, please feel free to contact us. Thanks.
2020-4-13
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1124738 ft
United Kingdom

I've asked the same question a long time ago

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=205601

2020-4-15
Use props
fansb163105b
lvl.1

Italy

Same question here.
It seems that the s/n requested by the registration page of D-flight site are:
- Flight Controller s/n is the one found in the app
- Ground Control Station s/n is the one on the back of the remote controller
- APR s/n is the one found on the battery lid and on the box
2020-5-7
Use props
Brucom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10171 ft
Italy

fansb163105b Posted at 5-7 23:43
Same question here.
It seems that the s/n requested by the registration page of D-flight site are:
- Flight Controller s/n is the one found in the app

I found the answer in D-Flight FAQ:

Dove trovo le informazioni relative al codice seriale del telaio, del Flight Control System e della Ground Control Station necessarie alla registrazione del mio drone?
È possibile ricavare l’informazione relativa al codice seriale del telaio del drone  dalla scatola in cui è contenuto al momento dell’acquisto, sotto il codice a barre, oppure sulla batteria o nel vano batteria dopo averla estratta.
Per quanto riguarda i codici seriali del Flight Control System e della Ground Control Station essi sono ricavabili dalla APP che viene fornita con il drone (generalmente nel menù impostazioni, nella voce “About”). Qualora nella APP non siano disponibili tali dati si consiglia di rivolgersi al costruttore.
2020-5-8
Use props
djiuser_DnemoeHZ6l5i
lvl.1
Italy

I would like to know where I can find my flight controller serial number (Mavic pro 2) as the QR code has faded on the back of the flight controller and is not legible. I've looked for it on the original box it came in but can't find it
2021-2-6
Use props
plumbob27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32047 ft
United Kingdom

use your box s/n
2021-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules