Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Digital FPV System Release Notes (4/13/2020)
12345Next >
45502 176 2020-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2020.04.13
  • Air Unit Firmware: v01.00.05.00
  • Goggles Firmware: v01.00.05.00
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.05.00
  • DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series): v2.0.2

What's New?
  • Added ability to view HDMI live broadcast by connecting the goggles to the DJI Smart Controller (v01.00.07.00 or above). By connecting the goggles to the DJI Smart Controller using USB-C cable, users can see the camera view of the air unit on the screen of the Smart Controller, and then can transmit the live view from the Smart Controller to other display devices through an HDMI cable.
  • Added new custom on-screen display information: home point direction, home point distance, altitude, and GPS speed.
  • Added on-screen flashing prompt on the goggles when the signal of the air unit or the remote controller is weak.
  • Added menu setting to choose to enable recording after unlocking the flight controller.
  • Added menu setting to choose to enable the low battery warning alarm of the goggles.
  • Added support for Caddx Nebula camera model.
  • Optimized display and operation in the AV IN interface. Added menu setting to adjust screen size and position and added on-screen display for the battery level of the goggles.
  • Fixed issue: screen blurred or froze when unlocking Air Unit (Lite).
  • Fixed issue: operation was delayed when using the remote controller on a simulator.
  • Fixed rare issue: the PID tuning did not take effect after changing the settings.

Notice
  • Restart the air unit, goggles, and remote controller once the update is complete.
  • Make sure that the firmware of the air unit, the goggles and the remote controller are in the same version. Check the firmware version in Setting, Device Info, and then Device Info on goggles.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the device and DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series), and try updating again.
  • Update the Air Unit (Lite) when there is good ventilation. Make sure that both the goggles and remote controller are powered off before updating the Air Unit (Lite). DO NOT touch the Air Unit (Lite) during update since the temperature rises. If update fails, wait for the Air Unit (Lite) to cool down and try to update again

Coming in Next Update
  • High bitrate mode (50Mbps), which provides better image quality.

2020-4-13
Use props
Xviews
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

Caddx Nebula? New Camera for Vista? OSD home point direction,GPS speed NICE NICE NICE

High bitrate mode (50Mbps) = Hope it won't take long time
2020-4-13
Use props
myhrmans
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19767 ft
Sweden

You need the smart controller to see the output? Is this really mandatory or just a way to sell more equipment?
Not any usb-c to HDMI adapter will work?
2020-4-13
Use props
GhostFPV
lvl.1

Sweden

Release note say the Smart Controller need firmware v01.00.07.00 or above for HDMI-output. But I can only find 1.00.06? Is 07 even released?
2020-4-13
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

GhostFPV Posted at 4-13 05:59
Release note say the Smart Controller need firmware v01.00.07.00 or above for HDMI-output. But I can only find 1.00.06? Is 07 even released?

Yes, it does, not surprisingly, a ploy to sell more smart controllers.

I'm doubtful but would like to know if it can be made to work with ALL the Crystal Sky monitors!

They ARE DJI products now aren't they?

Also, I didn't see a way to record the OSD Data in the Goggles!!  One of my wish list items.
2020-4-13
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Finally complete GPS data on OSD, thanks DJI!

BTW, still two big things are missing:
- Custom OSD data recorded on the movie saved in the goggles
- Betaflight Warning on OSD

Please, DJI, these are really important features for debugging!
2020-4-13
Use props
fansa67f28f3
lvl.4
United States

Many requests for audio feedback to the goggles ! Please include that option in the next release!! Thanks from all the scale flyers
2020-4-13
Use props
djiuser_46Pc5nF2W9ZG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 846171 ft
Germany

Giammi Posted at 4-13 07:28
Finally complete GPS data on OSD, thanks DJI!

I think you can view your custom osd in the replay mode of the googles.
2020-4-13
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_46Pc5nF2W9ZG Posted at 4-13 08:03
I think you can view your custom osd in the replay mode of the googles.

You'd better write only when knowing things, otherwise you can create false information.

No, you can't view your custom OSD (i.e. BetaFlight). You can only view the DJI OSD, but it is not recorded on the movie. It is only saved in the .srt file that has to be manually overlaid with dedicated software.

What it would be nice to have (and what all analogue systems already have) is the possibility to record goggle's video as it is, with all OSD information on it. That is very useful for analyzing your own flights afterwards.
2020-4-13
Use props
Thunfisch
lvl.1
United States

I have some trouble with this update (Googles, DJI Air Unit and Caddx Vista). All devices are disconnecting while updating several times. I was able to bring the new version to the devices after some tries, but then I was able to select CH1-3 and 25mW only.
Currently I'm rolling back to V01.00.0400 and hope that it will work again.
I tried the update with a MacBook and a windows machine, also tried different USB-C cables, but this doesn't seem to be the problem here. Any other people facing the same issues?
2020-4-13
Use props
Ed Ricker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3107398 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nevermind!
2020-4-13
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ed Ricker Posted at 4-13 14:12
Anybody get the Smart Controller to work with the DJI FPV system yet??? I tried using a USB-C to USB-C cable and also a USB-C to USB-A cable and so far the Smart Controller's not showing anything different. It's picking up the goggle SD card and can view some of the files, but that's it.

Did you  update the smart controller today as well?I don't see how you can because that FW isn't out yet
2020-4-13
Use props
Ed Ricker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3107398 ft
  • >>>
United States

jdmagoo Posted at 4-13 14:14
Did you  update the smart controller today as well?

Ahh crap it's not out yet, jumped the gun.
2020-4-13
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Thanks DJI can't wait to try it out!

(Almost) OMG full OSD!!!!!

Edit: just installed it (no problems) and flew it. Works flawlessly.  The transmitter strength meter is interesting. It seems the transmitter link is generally a bit stronger and more stable than the video link....just like on analog.
2020-4-13
Use props
Seyoung
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1092490 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

When do you update smart controller version 01.00.07.00?
2020-4-13
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Italy

Updated without any issue! Great!
2020-4-13
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

mc54 Posted at 4-13 14:48
Thanks DJI can't wait to try it out!

OMG full OSD!!!!!

Unfortunately it's still not full. It is missing one of the most important things - betaflights warnings. It is also missing essential stuff like CRSF link quality etc. Definitely not full...
2020-4-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2020-4-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Xviews Posted at 4-13 03:06
Caddx Nebula? New Camera for Vista? OSD home point direction,GPS speed NICE NICE NICE

Hi, Caddx Nebula is a camera from a cooperative manufacturer. After the DJI Digital FPV system was released, DJI communicated with Caddx many times, and we both wish to bring better flight experiences to FPV fans. This is DJI’s first attempt of authorized cooperation, and we hope we can help more FPV fans enjoy the beauty of the DJI Digital FPV system in a better way. Thank you for your attention.
2020-4-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GhostFPV Posted at 4-13 05:59
Release note say the Smart Controller need firmware v01.00.07.00 or above for HDMI-output. But I can only find 1.00.06? Is 07 even released?

Hi, the firmware for Smart Controller will be released in the near future, please kindly pay attention to our official website for the latest update. Thank you for your attention.
2020-4-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thunfisch Posted at 4-13 14:09
I have some trouble with this update (Googles, DJI Air Unit and Caddx Vista). All devices are disconnecting while updating several times. I was able to bring the new version to the devices after some tries, but then I was able to select CH1-3 and 25mW only.
Currently I'm rolling back to V01.00.0400 and hope that it will work again.
I tried the update with a MacBook and a windows machine, also tried different USB-C cables, but this doesn't seem to be the problem here. Any other people facing the same issues?

Hi Thunfisch, please try to change to a different network connection and update the firmware again. If the issue persists, please help to export the upgrade log from DJI Assistant 2, upload to Dropbox and provide the link to me to check further. Thanks.
2020-4-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Giammi Posted at 4-13 07:28
Finally complete GPS data on OSD, thanks DJI!

Will record your feedback and forward it to our R&D department.
2020-4-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansa67f28f3 Posted at 4-13 07:31
Many requests for audio feedback to the goggles ! Please include that option in the next release!! Thanks from all the scale flyers

I will forward your suggestion to our engineers to notice. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
2020-4-14
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Italy

Hacky4 Posted at 4-13 23:50
Unfortunately it's still not full. It is missing one of the most important things - betaflights warnings. It is also missing essential stuff like CRSF link quality etc. Definitely not full...

Exactly. I wrote the same few post behind. Warnings should have been there since the beginning!
2020-4-14
Use props
SzczechzCzech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 708661 ft
United States

Great update. Many thanks for GPS related OSD elements. Also, I am looking forward to testing the connection to SMartController. A question to DJI regarding this. What cable should it be? Shuld it be USB C on both ends from Googles to the controller? Can you clarify?
2020-4-14
Use props
Thunfisch
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 4-14 00:45
Hi Thunfisch, please try to change to a different network connection and update the firmware again. If the issue persists, please help to export the upgrade log from DJI Assistant 2, upload to Dropbox and provide the link to me to check further. Thanks.

Thank you! Today I tried to update again. I was able to update the goggles and a DJI Air Unit without problems. For my second DJI Air Unit and the Caddx Vista I tried to "refresh" the firmware, but both units stopped updating at around 65-70%. I uploaded the error log, but exporting the logs to share it with you failed. However, maybe a downgrade and a new upgrade would help, but I'm able to select all channels and 700mW output power on both units, so I hope i will not encounter any problems now.
2020-4-14
Use props
Cobaki
lvl.2

Switzerland

Fantastic update, just wanted to say thank you DJI!  
2020-4-14
Use props
Katsulas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820210 ft
Greece

Great Update DJI! Waiting for the new Release of the Smart Controller Asap
2020-4-14
Use props
TomBau
lvl.2
Germany

same for me REFRESH the Firmware gives an Error. But it shows on all devices the latest Firmware in the goggles
2020-4-14
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

DJI why you tease us like that with this new Nebula camera that we can't find any info on?

HDMI output sounds great, but any plans on having that work without the expensive DJI Smart Controller that can't even be used with our FPV quads?

And that announced high bitrate mode sounds great too, would that help with bad signal around trees?
2020-4-14
Use props
Manuel Christian Reichspfarrer
lvl.1

Austria

fansa67f28f3 Posted at 4-13 07:31

I hope the fly Sound comes.... Dji Do IT better pls you are the first in this section...
2020-4-14
Use props
tabishA
lvl.1

Canada

Nice update, Upgraded both my air units and goggles, didnt get a chance to fly because of crappy weather. I read that it will give you the ability to resize analog AV in but can only decrease size. Would really want full screen on Analog AV. Please DJI take a look into this. Thanks !
2020-4-14
Use props
djiuser_Fjb36SYoJr0n
New

United States

Since they are going to bump up the recording Bitrate of the videos from 30 to 50 Mbps in the next version - does that mean the SD card they sell on their website won't be fast enough now? I just bought my DJI and haven't purchased an SD card yet.  The ones on the next step up cost 3x more.

This is the one I believe DJI recommends now:

(SanDisk 64GB Extreme microSD UHS-I Card with Adapter - U3 A2 - SDSQXA2-064G-GN6MA)
2020-4-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thunfisch Posted at 4-14 03:42
Thank you! Today I tried to update again. I was able to update the goggles and a DJI Air Unit without problems. For my second DJI Air Unit and the Caddx Vista I tried to "refresh" the firmware, but both units stopped updating at around 65-70%. I uploaded the error log, but exporting the logs to share it with you failed. However, maybe a downgrade and a new upgrade would help, but I'm able to select all channels and 700mW output power on both units, so I hope i will not encounter any problems now.

Please try to update again. Sometimes unsteady internet or any other factory may cause the update issue. Please keep us updated if it still fails.
2020-4-14
Use props
DannFPV
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI please in a Long Range is very important record the GPS data in SRT file or can be better the opportunity the choice option to record directly on screen data like a Analogue DVR
2020-4-14
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Italy

DannFPV Posted at 4-14 21:29
DJI please in a Long Range is very important record the GPS data in SRT file or can be better the opportunity the choice option to record directly on screen data like a Analogue DVR

Exactly! Same request as mine.
2020-4-14
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Next update requests:

1. Option to record OSD directly onto goggle video
2.WARNINGS FLAG in OSD
3. Throttle position in OSD
4.Betaflight flight summary page after disarm
5. Slow shutter mode for night flying
6. Some sort of inexpensive secondary hand held display to share with curious people (probably not an update, but I'll throw that in there)

Feel free to add more everyone!

2020-4-15
Use props
Xedos9er
lvl.1

Germany

DJI, please remove 6.4km range limit. Very annoying for long range pilots, when signal abruptly gets lost at this mark. We all know, that it´s possible....

BTW, great work with the current update, we (long range pilots) waitet so long for the home arrow/Speed/altitude.
2020-4-16
Use props
arnasnn
lvl.3

Lithuania

I came here to ask for battery warning option, because I was going crazy... Nimh has different voltages and they're beeping constantly... 8cell/7cell nimhs...

Great job !
2020-4-16
Use props
arnasnn
lvl.3

Lithuania

What is missing the most right now is live sound in the googles and maybe betaflght warnings... 50Mbps sounds awesome !
2020-4-16
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules