PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED - after firmware upgrade no connection?
5003 32 2020-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattskiii
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2290 ft
United States

I have a relatively new P3A that I haven't flown in several months. This morning I started it up with no problems, but noted that on the DJI GO app screen it stated that my firmware for both the remote and drone needed to be updated (makes sense as I haven't flown in a while). I did the RC update 1.9.2 through the DJI GO app (simple enough), and then downloaded the drone firmware update 1.11.20 and installed on drone (with no problems). When I re-started the RC and drone after these 2 firmware updates, I get the following: Camera does not work (can't see on DJI GO app); rear blinking yellow lights with constant red lights on front of drone; DJI GO app says in red at top of screen, "Remote Controller Signal Weak". Appreciate any help whatsoever as I'm definitely a newbie at this. Thanks so much! -matt c.
2020-4-13
Use props
Eduardo Silva
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28757 ft

Brazil

Also mine does not even reach 700 Distance already gives weak signal every time. Help ?
2020-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi mattskiii, please restart the aircraft and the remote controller to see if the issue still persists or not? If yes, please record a video to show us the details of the issue, we'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2020-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Eduardo Silva Posted at 4-13 21:26
Also mine does not even reach 700 Distance already gives weak signal every time. Help ?

Hi Eduardo, Which drone do you use? Could you please check if there is an error message prompt in your APP? If yes, please show us a screenshot of the error page, we'd like to help you check it.
2020-4-14
Use props
Eduardo Silva
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-14 04:50
Hi Eduardo, Which drone do you use? Could you please check if there is an error message prompt in your APP? If yes, please show us a screenshot of the error page, we'd like to help you check it.

he doesn't even give an error message he does it alone without show or error just says ke lost the Drone signal so mine is DJI Phantom 3 Advanced version 1.9.2 drone 1.11.20
2020-4-14
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-14 04:47
Hi mattskiii, please restart the aircraft and the remote controller to see if the issue still persists or not? If yes, please record a video to show us the details of the issue, we'd like to help you check it. Thanks.

Hey Natalia, yes, even after restarting the RC and aircraft several times, I continue to get the same problems: Camera does not work (can't see on DJI GO app); aircraft rear blinking yellow lights with constant red lights on front of drone; DJI GO app says in red at top of screen, "Remote Controller Signal Weak". I will record a video of these issues and post shortly. Thank you so much for your help on this! Cheers! 
2020-4-14
Use props
Eduardo Silva
lvl.2

Brazil

he doesn't even give an error message he does it alone without show or error just says ke lost the Drone signal so mine is DJI Phantom 3 Advanced version 1.9.2 drone 1.11.20
2020-4-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mattskiii Posted at 4-14 07:52
Hey Natalia, yes, even after restarting the RC and aircraft several times, I continue to get the same problems: Camera does not work (can't see on DJI GO app); aircraft rear blinking yellow lights with constant red lights on front of drone; DJI GO app says in red at top of screen, "Remote Controller Signal Weak". I will record a video of these issues and post shortly. Thank you so much for your help on this! Cheers! 

Hi mattskiii, I have sent you a PM, kindly please check and download the firmware to see if it helps or not. Thanks.
2020-4-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Eduardo Silva Posted at 4-15 16:37

Hi Eduardo, I have sent you a PM, kindly please check if it works or not. Thanks.
2020-4-16
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-15 23:58
Hi mattskiii, I have sent you a PM, kindly please check and download the firmware to see if it helps or not. Thanks.

Natalia, I did not receive your PM. Could you resend? Also, I couldn't figure out how to send a video (file too large). But I did take some pictures throughout the startup process. Can I send?
2020-4-21
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

2020-4-21
Use props
PaoVill24
New
Flight distance : 193271 ft

Philippines

Hello. Try downloading the firmware from the DJI site. I had same issue when I upgraded the firmware. It was resolved when I used the SW from the DJI site.
2020-4-21
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

I would try reinstall The Dji app
2020-4-21
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

PaoVill24 Posted at 4-21 17:25
Hello. Try downloading the firmware from the DJI site. I had same issue when I upgraded the firmware. It was resolved when I used the SW from the DJI site.

Sorry, but what does "SW" mean?
2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi mattskiii, thank you so much for providing the pictures. You are recommended to re-upgrade the firmware and then try the connection again, please make sure the firmware update success and the remote controller firmware should be compatible with the aircraft firmware.
2020-4-22
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-15 23:58

2020-4-23
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

JetSam Posted at 4-21 23:31
I would try reinstall The Dji app

I did reinstall - same results.
2020-4-23
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-22 22:26
Hi mattskiii, thank you so much for providing the pictures. You are recommended to re-upgrade the firmware and then try the connection again, please make sure the firmware update success and the remote controller firmware should be compatible with the aircraft firmware.

When I try to re-upgrade the firmware, it is unsuccessful, stating that latest firmware is already on drone. Is there a way to rollback the firmware, and then try to re-upgrade? Thank you.
2020-4-23
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

mattskiii Posted at 4-23 08:06
When I try to re-upgrade the firmware, it is unsuccessful, stating that latest firmware is already on drone. Is there a way to rollback the firmware, and then try to re-upgrade? Thank you.

yes, via Dji Assistant you can roll back to the previous firmware
2020-4-23
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

2020-4-23
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

JetSam Posted at 4-23 08:16

I've downloaded DJI Assistant, but it won't connect to my drone. Crazy.....
2020-4-23
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

JetSam Posted at 4-23 08:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysW8sW0Xnos

Thank you for the video. Question I have is where do i find an older version of firmware to roll back to? Right now I have latest firmware version 1.11.20 on my P3A. Thank you for any help on this.
2020-4-23
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

mattskiii Posted at 4-23 08:46
I've downloaded DJI Assistant, but it won't connect to my drone. Crazy.....

2020-4-23
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

I power-up drone, connect to computer, open DJI Asst, and this screen appears but doesn't connect...
2020-4-23
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

PaoVill24 Posted at 4-21 17:25

The firmware I originally downloaded was from the DJI site. I've since re-downloaded and reinstalled with the same results....
2020-4-23
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

Make sure DJI Assistant is allowed in the windows firewall
2020-4-23
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

JetSam Posted at 4-23 22:44
Make sure DJI Assistant is allowed in the windows firewall

2020-4-24
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

I did. Still will not connect...
2020-4-24
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

then you must wait for a moderator help , sorry
2020-4-25
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

JetSam Posted at 4-25 00:13
then youmust wait for a moderator help , sorry

Copy that. Who is the moderator?
2020-4-26
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

mattskiii Posted at 4-26 09:09
Copy that. Who is the moderator?

DJI Natalia
2020-4-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi mattskiii, sorry for the inconvenience. I have replied to your PM, if the issue still persists, you are recommended to contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send the drone in for service. Thanks.
2020-4-26
Use props
mattskiii
lvl.2
United States

JetSam Posted at 4-23 08:16

I could only find DJI Assistant 2 (which is for Phantom 4 not Phantom 3). Is there a DJI Assistant that is compatible with my P3A? Tx!
2020-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules