690 1 2020-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
escholl
New
Flight distance : 783852 ft
United States

Hello,

When taking video or pictures with my Phantom 4, there are annoying halos around light sources that show up. This just started happening recently. I noticed it when I was flying just after sunset because this is when it's most noticeable, although it happens during daytime too. I've attached three images. The unique one is just a picture I took to show what's happening. The two similar ones are video screenshots from before and after this started happening, so you can see the relative difference. I read online this could be due to a dirty or smudged lens. I cleaned both the lens filter and the actual lens itself with alcohol wipes and cleaning cloths and the lens is perfectly clean now. But this is still occurring. What else could be wrong? Thanks.

Light halo example (light bulbs and the sky lights)

Light halo example (light bulbs and the sky lights)

Before problem

Before problem

After problem

After problem
2020-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, when the aircraft is shooting in a steady light environment, the screen will have a halo that will move with the lens. It's the shadow of the AC. When you're close to the ground, you can see the shadow. As you move away from the ground, the shadow gets smaller and smaller. Finally, the shadow is too small to see but the edges of the shadow converge into the same spot and appear as brightness in the video.
The bright spot is known as Heiligenschein. For more details, you may refer to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heiligenschein. Hope this can help you better understand it. Thanks.
2020-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules