Canada

2020-4-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I assume you have removed the gimbal protector. Maybe it hit something and one of the mounts (rubber bands) are loose or missing? Also, I get the same error if I try to start it up with it lying in even short grass.
2020-4-14
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

I purchased a lens filter for my MM and if the filter is fitted I get the same message, the gimbal motor is very sensitive to any additional load - check that you don't have any dirt on the gimbal
2020-4-14
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

GaryDoug Posted at 4-14 19:27
I assume you have removed the gimbal protector. Maybe it hit something and one of the mounts (rubber bands) are loose or missing? Also, I get the same error if I try to start it up with it lying in even short grass.

That in grass issue happened to me as well...
2020-4-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check if the gimbal gets stuck by the propellers (if the drone is powering on without unfolding) or dust. Please try to restart the drone and calibrate the gimbal. If the error still, please send the drone back for service. Please contact our support at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case.
2020-4-15
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 4-15 03:03
Please check if the gimbal gets stuck by the propellers (if the drone is powering on without unfolding) or dust. Please try to restart the drone and calibrate the gimbal. If the error still, please send the drone back for service. Please contact our support at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case.

Tried all that...thank you.
I've tried to contact DJI but am being bounced from support to after-sales and then am told there is nobody around and try later...
Is there an easy way to get help please?
2020-4-15
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

I had this happen to me as well a couple of weeks ago. Almost ruined a day of flying and shooting. A grain of sand had gotten lodged in the works. I was able to work it out and continue flying. I now carry a can of compressed air with me as part of my kit.

Cheers!
=C=
2020-4-15
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Cal Evans Posted at 4-15 03:58
I had this happen to me as well a couple of weeks ago. Almost ruined a day of flying and shooting. A grain of sand had gotten lodged in the works. I was able to work it out and continue flying. I now carry a can of compressed air with me as part of my kit.

Cheers!

...blasted with canned air...nogo...gimbal seems restricted in roll movements.
2020-4-15
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Send it back?
2020-4-16
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

DJI never replied to my email. I just fixed it....hopefully.
Had to help it gently with fingers on the roll axis till it was rotating on it own.
Have no idea what caused this as I've been flying indoors for the past week or so.

2020-4-16
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

btw, is it unthinkable to lubricate the innards of the gimbal mechanism...?
2020-4-16
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

See if this Full HD collage of the Mavic Mini gimbal and camera unit helps. I think you need to free up and lubricate the the top rotating plates.

I've already used compressed air and a silicone lubricant on these parts, I'd say it's a pretty safe DIY operation.

MM gimbal-camera.jpg
2020-4-16
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

m80116 Posted at 4-16 08:57
See if this Full HD collage of the Mavic Mini gimbal and camera unit helps. I think you need to free up and lubricate the the top rotating plates.

I've already used compressed air and a silicone lubricant on these parts, I'd say it's a pretty safe DIY operation.

Great help...thx a bunch!
2020-4-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-15 03:29
Tried all that...thank you.
I've tried to contact DJI but am being bounced from support to after-sales and then am told there is nobody around and try later...
Is there an easy way to get help please?

I am terribly sorry for the late reply, you can send them email to start the case. If the error will not disappear after trying the suggestions I provided, you are recommended sending it to repair, self-service is not suggested for the concern of the performance assurance as well as the warranty maintenance. Hope for your kind understanding.
2020-4-20
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 4-20 00:52
I am terribly sorry for the late reply, you can send them email to start the case. If the error will not disappear after trying the suggestions I provided, you are recommended sending it to repair, self-service is not suggested for the concern of the performance assurance as well as the warranty maintenance. Hope for your kind understanding.

Thank you for reply. If my problem occurs again, I will certainly send it in for warranty repairs.
2020-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules