1671 14 2020-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like DJI has just officially put the date/time out for what most people expect to be the official launch of the Mavic Air 2.

https://www.dji.com/teaser

Are you excited to see what they have in store for us?  If it is the Mavic Air 2, is it something you are interested in without knowing all the details of it yet?
2020-4-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Always nice to see some new product.
2020-4-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would be good to see where DJI are going,  but as a M2P owner its not something I would be looking to buy.
2020-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well it will be interesting, it seems that dji and Autel been clashing the last few years, I’m certain it’s a MA2.

2020-4-15
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

We shall see.  I remember that the marketing images for the Osmo Action, allowed for plenty of assumption that DJI was going to release a submersible drone.  They usually stay tight lipped on what product they are about to launch.
2020-4-15
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Neo Supreme Posted at 4-15 03:02
We shall see.  I remember that the marketing images for the Osmo Action, allowed for plenty of assumption that DJI was going to release a submersible drone.  They usually stay tight lipped on what product they are about to launch.

You must not have seen all the hubbub a week or so ago when some details about this came to light via their FCC certification documentation?
2020-4-15
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Hi, friends.

Follow the https://dronefriendly.com.br/v01/mavic-air-2-fotos-vazadas/: are the last images from the Brazilian regulation agency for telecommunications

Hugs from Brazil

2020-4-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

KlooGee Posted at 4-15 18:21
You must not have seen all the hubbub a week or so ago when some details about this came to light via their FCC certification documentation?

They sure know how to make their teasers, but some steps can't be skipped, essentially giving away a lot of info on forehand.
2020-4-15
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 4-15 18:21

LOL, no, I didn't see the hubbub about it.
2020-4-16
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 4-15 23:01
They sure know how to make their teasers, but some steps can't be skipped, essentially giving away a lot of info on forehand.

I think all tech companies leak info on purpose to help jump start the excitement and get free publicity out of it to help get momentum for their launch.  And in this case to help take away Autel's momentum for the Evo 2 officially launching tomorrow.
2020-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KlooGee Posted at 4-19 05:50
I think all tech companies leak info on purpose to help jump start the excitement and get free publicity out of it to help get momentum for their launch.  And in this case to help take away Autel's momentum for the Evo 2 officially launching tomorrow.

They probably will take a lot from Autel, but Autel have only themselves to blame and I have a feeling that Autel may well have some teething problems as well as the price for 8k looking pretty high compared to what’s rumored for MA2, I hear they’re looking for $200 for second battery that’s bananas.
2020-4-19
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-19 05:58
They probably will take a lot from Autel, but Autel have only themselves to blame and I have a feeling that Autel may well have some teething problems as well as the price for 8k looking pretty high compared to what’s rumored for MA2, I hear they’re looking for $200 for second battery that’s bananas.

Yes, all new drones go through a teething process.  Drones are such complicated beasts, that it seems nobody gets them right first until a few firmware updates later.

I agree with you about Autel having only themselves to blame.  If they weren't ready to launch in January or February, they should have never revealed the Evo 2 at CES.  Announcing it back then and giving DJI 4 months to prepare was a huge strategic blunder!  They should only announce once they are ready to be shipping!

Also, 8K sounds awesome until you have to have the disk space to store all that footage and a computer to be able to process it.  And yes, you can use proxies, but then you have to wait for them to process first and requires even more disk space (at least temporarily).

I'm much more interested in Autel's 1" 6K Pro drone because low light and night flights are some of my favorites to do. But it sounds like it is still a couple months behind.

Also the data rate for the Autel Evo 2 8K is only 120Mbps at 8K.  That means there are 4 times more pixels but only 20% more data being collected compared to most 4K drone cameras that are capturing at 100Mpbs.  If that is the case, something has to give a bit in the details of that 8K video.
2020-4-19
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Since the Evo 2 officially launches tomorrow (Apr 20th), I wonder if we'll see any additional "leaks" for the Mavic Air 2 on that day?  
2020-4-19
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

KlooGee Posted at 4-19 06:35
Since the Evo 2 officially launches tomorrow (Apr 20th), I wonder if we'll see any additional "leaks" for the Mavic Air 2 on that day?

Here in Brazil very unlikely, we were lucky to access the Anatel website at the time it was registered in the database, now it is only possible to access the homologation certificate, different from the photos and manual that are blocked. Let's wait for the Chinese friends (always) they manage a few days before.
Hugs
2020-4-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

KlooGee Posted at 4-19 05:50
I think all tech companies leak info on purpose to help jump start the excitement and get free publicity out of it to help get momentum for their launch.  And in this case to help take away Autel's momentum for the Evo 2 officially launching tomorrow.

Probably true indeed.
2020-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules