505 11 2020-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
barnytj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18343698 ft
  • >>>
Kenya

I have a strange problem with my Mavic 2/remote.

When I adjust the exposure with the right dial the whole aircraft yaws/rotates anticlockwise.

Has ayone else experienced this before?

I have tried recalibrating the remote, have done a firmware upgrade on the remote and aircraft, and recalibrated the compass.

I am now debating disasembling the remote to give it a good clean internally, but if anyone has further ideas they would be appreciated.

TIA
2020-4-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi barnytj, sorry for the trouble. Could you please provide a video of the issue for further confirmation?
Besides, when you calibrated the gimbal, was there any abnormality input when you dialed the ISO dial?
2020-4-17
Use props
barnytj
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kenya

DJI Thor Posted at 4-17 01:29
Hi barnytj, sorry for the trouble. Could you please provide a video of the issue for further confirmation?
Besides, when you calibrated the gimbal, was there any abnormality input when you dialed the ISO dial?

No there is no abnormal input when calibrating the ISO Dial.  What is abnormal is that occasionally the remote complains of CTL Sticks not centered and beeping on startup.  It didn't use to do this and it has done it a few times in the last month.

This is the example video I just took https://vimeo.com/408811157/15242a3e74
2020-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you tried to do a factory reset on dji assistant ?

If you are trying make sure you sync all your flight information.
2020-4-17
Use props
barnytj
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kenya

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 03:22
Have you tried to do a factory reset on dji assistant ?

If you are trying make sure you sync all your flight information.

I haven't, but surely a firmware update has the same result?
2020-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

barnytj Posted at 4-17 03:24
I haven't, but surely a firmware update has the same result?

Not to sure what you mean, something may have hiccuped with a FW update installing wrong, if you’re looking or waiting for a new update it might not come or be awhile, you could try reverting to previous FW and see if problem is gone it will at least confirm if FW is the problem or not .
2020-4-17
Use props
barnytj
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kenya

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 03:28
Not to sure what you mean, something may have hiccuped with a FW update installing wrong, if you’re looking or waiting for a new update it might not come or be awhile, you could try reverting to previous FW and see if problem is gone it will at least confirm if FW is the problem or not .

It happened before AND after the last firmware update, which makes me think it is more likely a hardware than software issue..
2020-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

barnytj Posted at 4-17 03:32
It happened before AND after the last firmware update, which makes me think it is more likely a hardware than software issue..

Ok maybe.....
2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

barnytj Posted at 4-17 03:20
No there is no abnormal input when calibrating the ISO Dial.  What is abnormal is that occasionally the remote complains of CTL Sticks not centered and beeping on startup.  It didn't use to do this and it has done it a few times in the last month.

This is the example video I just took https://vimeo.com/408811157/15242a3e74

Thank you for your prompt response. Please kindly send in the controller for service. You can contact the local dealer to help, or please contact our support at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case.
2020-4-17
Use props
barnytj
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kenya

DJI Thor Posted at 4-17 03:42
Thank you for your prompt response. Please kindly send in the controller for service. You can contact the local dealer to help, or please contact our support at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case.

Unfortunately that is not possible as I'm in a remote location in the middle of Kenya with travel restrictions, and I use the Mavic for work and cannot do without it for would be several months.  I will take it apart myself and update on results.  Thanks
2020-4-17
Use props
barnytj
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kenya

barnytj Posted at 4-17 03:45
Unfortunately that is not possible as I'm in a remote location in the middle of Kenya with travel restrictions, and I use the Mavic for work and cannot do without it for would be several months.  I will take it apart myself and update on results.  Thanks

So I took it apart and gave the insides a good going over with canned air, concentrating on the dial area, but spraying everywhere.  It does seem to have fixed the problem, which is great.  I wouldn't recommend doing this to anyone who isn't comfortable with tiny electrical connectors, I struggled for some time to the the main pots wires reconnected.  Thanks for you help
2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

barnytj Posted at 4-17 05:05
So I took it apart and gave the insides a good going over with canned air, concentrating on the dial area, but spraying everywhere.  It does seem to have fixed the problem, which is great.  I wouldn't recommend doing this to anyone who isn't comfortable with tiny electrical connectors, I struggled for some time to the the main pots wires reconnected.  Thanks for you help

I am pleased to hear that you fixed your controller on your own, and yes we don't recommend doing so as performance may not be able to assure. If there is further I can help, please feel free to contact us at any time.
2020-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules