Osmo Action Audio Adapter TRRS or TRS?
4003 8 2020-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicksdesign
lvl.1
United States

Does the Osmo Action audio adapter us a TRRS plug or a TRS?

Thanks,
Nick
2020-4-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

TRS you use. NOT a TR R S where the  one on the right is for your Smartphones. they are not interchangable like a smartphone .  We wish they were.

If you use a Mono  mic you will get Stereo sound, the camera does not have a true separate left & right audio track.

2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Nick, it a TRS plug.
2020-4-17
Use props
osmoboy
lvl.2

Italy

Fishycomics Posted at 4-17 03:01
TRS you use. NOT a TR R S where the  one on the right is for your Smartphones. they are not interchangable like a smartphone .  We wish they were.

[view_image]

how can I use a mic as this pic on Osmo Action? thanls
2020-4-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

you can help me understand your question a little better if you give me some info of what mic?
2020-4-17
Use props
nicksdesign
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the help.  Too bad that information isn't in the adapter's product description.
2020-4-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I hear what you're saying.  and  not that complicated if asked.  glad you understood the issue and    if resolved it.  I wished I had my mono mic with me. I do not, or my trrs adapter I do not I demonstrate the ease of use.
2020-4-17
Use props
osmoboy
lvl.2

Italy

Fishycomics Posted at 4-17 11:21
you can help me understand your question a little better if you give me some info of what mic?

I ask how to plugin this mic on Osmo Action: it needs what adaptator?

2020-4-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

1 that is a Mono, if you have a mono mic, they will work

2 Mono sound will get recorded, normally you will only hear the left side Only, the right silent.   the audio gets added again to the right side, making this now a Mono /stereo sound.

3 you  can use a Stereo mic, you will not get stereo sound as  No. clearly proves the point this is a Mono camera sound board,  the Yi camera is the same.  and gopro is the only action camera with true separate left and right sound.

DJI team  must respond  to this if they do not you got the answer.  nothing to hide. but  proves the point if I only had the mono  mic

2020-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules