9283 54 2015-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

This might also be helpful for those who are having trouble installing the firmware:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... om-3-firmware.45178

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-16
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

I just purchased the iPad mini 2 after being plagued by lag-gate on my recommended Android device. After 2 weeks of fighting with lag I would hate to have the same kind of thing happen by a new firmware update on my Apple device.

Have there been any reported issues with this firmware update on an iPad mini 2?
2015-6-16
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35899 ft
United States

Updated to new firmware this AM, as I got a nag/notification in the Pilot App...

Used the 16gb card that came with the P3P and updated OK!

Also.. used a thumbdrive to update the Remote Controller, went OK as well.

Using Ipad Mini 2 with pilot app.. besides the horizon issue, no problems as of yet.

Had almost debated *not* installing the firmware in case something happens, but then again... if something *did happen* such as a crash/flyaway... wouldn't DJI ask "Did you update the FW?"

Prolly darned if do, and if don't!

I have a feeling that this stuff will get worked out in the end, and we *are* on the seat of cutting edge tech!!
2015-6-16
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

installing 1.2.6 on my p3 pro pushed the heat envelope on my android devices (Samsung Galaxy S5 and Nexus 7 II) over the edge and I was plagued by massive video lag (caused by overheating cpus) on both devices.  The Galaxy S5 overheats a lot worse than the Nexus 7 II does.   Both overheat after several mins so much that the pilot app becomes useless.  Neither overheated with 1.1.9

I was able to get around this by uninstalling/disabling Google Play Services on the Nexus 7 II.  Google Play services is a system task that runs in the background and uses a lot of CPU cycles.  Once I disabled/uninstalled it, things were back to normal.

Note even "normal" the Nexus 7 II tablet heats up A LOT during the use of the Pilot App.  It just doesnt heat up so much that you get video lagged caused by cpu slowdown, but the tablet becomes hot to the touch.

This DJI pilot app stresses every android device I've used to the limit and beyond.  Each FW update makes it use more and more cpu cycles causing the problem to become worse and worse.   Now it's so bad I can't use it without disabling a system app thats always supposed to be there.

Both the android devices I use are OFFICIALLY APPROVED by DJI and neither actually works well with the Pilot app due to heat issues.  The problem is gone now but it's still riding the edge of overheating.

I wish DJI would show some awareness of this stuff, they seem oblivious and I dont see how an issue this serious can escape their testing.

2015-6-16
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I just finished flying my P3P for perhaps the last time, Its dangerous, something is going to happen and its going to damage itself. I cannot afford that, I haven't even received my second battery yet.  I have had this thing for a month now and the situation just keeps getting worse.  I am contacting where I got this and pay pal to be certain I do not run out of time to send it back, it is parked.  The last update made things worse.  Every time I come back and land from a flight I still have 20 to 60 ft. showing on my alt,  with the lag so bad now on my tab s 4.4.2 that I cant fly it.  I could at least fly it on the 4.4.2 tab s before this update, this is to much, I have a tab s with lollipop on it also, may as well not even turn it on. Check to see how long you have to return,  I am contacting seller on ebay and pay pal right now, this puppy is going back.  I'm done stick a fork in me.  Do not let the return time run out, contact your credit card company.
2015-6-16
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Philliplloyd20 Posted at 2015-6-15 21:18
Tx does not need updating. Definitely need to do a imu calibration after new firmware, also a gimb ...

The Remote Controller (Transmitter) DOES need to be updated.  The update took less than 5 minutes (i.e., D-D-D-D beeps with a blue status light on RC for 4-5 minutes followed by D-DD beeps and green status light).
2015-6-16
Use props
myhondas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12100 ft
United States

Can one ignore the notice and not update the FW on the acft and the remote and the battery? I would like to wait and get a better idea if there is going to be any problems with it.
2015-6-16
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

myhondas Posted at 2015-6-17 10:07
Can one ignore the notice and not update the FW on the acft and the remote and the battery? I would  ...

I think you can.. I didn't try but I don't think its a mandatory update..

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack for the Phantom 3
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-16
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Adamation Posted at 2015-6-16 05:44
I certainly wouldn't use the "refrigerator trick" in fear of any condensation building up on the ci ...

Cooling down your car with the aircon is a good idea.

However, I had no issue with condensation using the refrigerator to chill the Phantom/IMU before IMU calibration. I didn't start with a warm Phantom - but an ambient temperature Phantom (did not fly just before updating). I've done it a few times and it worked fine. It might be different if in an overly humid and warm climate. I've left the P3 in the fridge for about 30 mins.

Main thing to learn here is - it is a great idea to (somehow) chill the P3 a bit before doing a full IMU Calibration in order to get a good calibration and not suffer from the problem of long waiting time for "IMU Warm Up".
2015-6-17
Use props
pbrown73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 964596 ft
  • >>>
United States

S.Nyky Posted at 2015-6-16 20:58
You say you hold the button down, but are you pushing the button once and then pushing again and h ...

Great point. I let the machine sit for 30 minutes and retried the firmware update. Although it didn't update again, it may have hit the battery... all is working fine now. Thanks.
2015-6-17
Use props
llll
lvl.2

United States

fhagan02@me.com Posted at 2015-6-16 11:42
Can you still power up after canceling? Remote still sees the bird and everything is as if you neve ...

Thx for the response. Problem seemed to be twofold: 1) bird couldn't figure out to tell me the update of the firmware on the drone itself was done (i.e. flashing sequence indicated "I'm still busy") and the Pilot App continues to report that both bird & RC needs to be updated until the RC is updated -- kinda pointless, that. I opted to update the RC using a cable from the gimbal, and that worked great on the first try: RC saw the necessary file, and it only took a couple of minutes before it reported all done. Now the Pilot App says "latest firmware" everywhere, and drone flies flawlessly.
2015-6-18
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

llll Posted at 2015-6-19 01:27
Thx for the response. Problem seemed to be twofold: 1) bird couldn't figure out to tell me the upd ...

whewww! Good. I know this stuff can cause an instant ulcer. Glad it's worked out.
How's your quad doing after the update. Lots of complaints about VPS. You having any issues?

2015-6-18
Use props
llll
lvl.2

United States

fhagan02@me.com Posted at 2015-6-19 03:10
whewww! Good. I know this stuff can cause an instant ulcer. Glad it's worked out.
How's your quad d ...

Nope, nothing so far -- the new firmware seemed to have addressed some of the bad video lag we were seeing w/ the previous release; I've definitely had a better and more reliable connection than before. Now I'm just waiting for an updated Pilot App for Android... and maybe sometime soon a release w/ some of the Focal Point, Way Points and Follow Me features that would make life so much easier.
2015-6-18
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

leon Posted at 2015-6-16 06:22
OK, This thread is kind of stupid, It needs for each individual posts to state are you an Apple or A ...

I am using an Android iPhone note S6. What difference does it make for the matter of firmware updates? And if you need to know so bad, ask. Or if the thread is just too stupid for you, go to a facebook page or an off-site forum.
2015-6-18
Use props
bmv doel
New

Indonesia

i had similar problem. i updated the firmware 1.2.6 but there is no beeping sound, no led light in front gimbal, after half hour i shutdown the power n check the sd card, n there is "ur firmware is similar or older than this firmware". what that mean?? do i need to try again? already 3rd time I'm doing this
2015-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules