latest firmware won't load
3030 24 2015-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Well this is just great my phantom 3 is full of bugs like everyone elses, I was excited to see the firmware update this morning hoping to load it and go test fly immeadietely,
I should have known it wont load into my phantom the phantom just sets there and blinks has anyone else been able to load or not load the latest firmware

2015-6-15
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Explain your issue more.

Does it beep and if so what's the beeps like? What light flashing combination is it doing?

Did you delete the old firmware and txt files from the SD card first?
I have updated mine fine ( did it in work as I had a feeling a new firmware might come out today and took the P3P in ). Also done a test flight and all seems well..

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack for the Phantom 3
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-15
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 92454 ft
United Kingdom

splodge anything noticeable you can see?
2015-6-15
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mark1975 Posted at 2015-6-15 20:55
splodge anything noticeable you can see?

It didn't crash on my test flight That's one good thing.

Didn't film with it and I'm not one that was experiencing any issues so not best place to comment of if it fixes some users problems.

2015-6-15
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 92454 ft
United Kingdom

ahh no worries fella
2015-6-15
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-15 20:42
Explain your issue more.

Does it beep and if so what's the beeps like? What light flashing combinat ...

Hey thanks sploodge  I got it working for some reason I had to reformat my card dont know why had plenty of space on card I went out and flew once testing on samsung tabs 4.42 kit kat worked much better I am not getting as many weak transmission signal notice like I was before only got 1 blip during whole flight the video seemed to stream better I still had an altitude reading when I landed that wasn't right the reading was 26 ft altitude before I was getting much higher readings at ground level. as soon as battry charges I am going to test on my samsung tab s that is on lollipop wouldnt work at all before on that tab terrible lag and stopping on the lollipop tab also will test on the nvidia also my alien sun fpv glasses streamed wirellessy perfect very pleased so far
2015-6-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Should these rear arm lights be blinking yellow the whole 20 minutes of upgrading Firmware?
I only heard the four usual beeps when I turned it on , after replacing the MC card back in the gimbal with BIN File.

RedHotPoker
2015-6-15
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-15 21:45
Should these rear arm lights be blinking yellow the whole 20 minutes of upgrading Firmware?
I only h ...

Hey RHP  for some reason I had to reformat the card in the phantom and then load the software to the sd card via the computer of course,  2 things make sure you have the correct software advanced or professional also dont just unzip the the file with it still in the directory on to your card, click on the directory in your zip window and open the directory you will see 2 files unzip then so as the 2 files are in your root directory on your card it should work then
2015-6-15
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

Explain your issue more.

Thanks, seems that all of the little tricks to this is slowly coming out.  So 'Do Delete' old updates and txt files.
And then 'Do' Recalibrate the IMU, Gimbal, and Compass.
2015-6-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-15 21:55
Hey RHP  for some reason I had to reformat the card in the phantom and then load the software to t ...

Hey, second time the charm, thank you...
I can here the Bbb bbb bbb now.

So if we had the last update installed, no need to update the radio, I understand?
I will leave the bin file on here, in case future batteries need this update.
I Love the smell of a new BIN file in the morning... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-6-15
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-15 22:47
Hey, second time the charm, thank you...
I can here the Bbb bbb bbb now.

I updated remote also I just did it without thinking or looking whether it said to or not it seemed like it upgraded only took a little while for both didn't seem like it loaded much I have not re-calibrated the imu, compass. or remote yet, I am going to right now I think you should
2015-6-15
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

Anyone know about updating the firmware with each battery?  The firmware update instructions mentions the battery firmware is also updated.  So, shouldn't you leave the firmware on the SD card until each battery is powered on with the P3?
2015-6-15
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

BobbyB Posted at 2015-6-15 23:07
Anyone know about updating the firmware with each battery?  The firmware update instructions mention ...

I believe you should leave the firmware on your SD card after you update the bird and controller, and install each battery to allow the battery to update.
2015-6-15
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Anyone know about updating the firmware with each battery?  The firmware update instructions mention ...

good question maybe someone that really knows will answer that for us, I am assuming that the new firmware that is now loaded will update the next battery when you use it for the first time after upgrade.
Don't know for sure someone that knows please help on this matter
2015-6-15
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Good question BobbyB!

I don't have a clue how long the battery up-date will take of if you happen to use a battery that hasn't been up-dated what will occur.

The first Phantom 3 Professional Release Notes (created @ 7:08:20 PM 6/15/2015) released earlier this AM stated that the transmitter didn't need to be up-dated. Tahoe_Ed modified my post removing the note that the transmitter did not require up-dating.

The support website has since been pulled that version and released a second one (created @8:25:59PM 6/15/2015)  that removed the note that previously stated up-dating of the controller was not required.
2015-6-15
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-15 23:57
good question maybe someone that really knows will answer that for us, I am assuming that the new  ...

So...How do you know that the battery is updated??  And how long if anything will it take?  You just put it in and it does it's thing with out any intervention on my part? Man, all the little secrets we have to glean out.
2015-6-15
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

DJI didn't really elaborate on the battery firmware update.  I just left the firmware on the SD card and ran a cycle with each one of my batteries.  I assume it worked.

I wonder if some of the weird issues I read about where the P3 crashed after showing a rapid battery drain may be due to not updating the battery firmware, i.e. (removing the firmware from the SD card and using a new battery).
2015-6-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Updated my Radio controller as well. I thought someone mentioned it wasn't needed, but mine was updating, with the blue LED.

I Feel like going out and trying it on, right now... But I Have Got Errands to run first...

RedHotPoker
2015-6-15
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

My first attempt at loading the new firmware didn't take.  It even corrupted the SDMicro card, and I had to reformat it.  Once I reformatted the card, and extracted the new firmware onto it again, all went perfectly.  In order; 1) updated the PH3, 2) updated the remote controller, 3) re-calibrated the IMU, 4) re-calibrated the gimbal, then finally 5) calibrated the compass.   
2015-6-15
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

So, as a follow-up, for those keeping a running list of best practices//check-lists, it might be worth adding this one:  "Double check that all photos & videos are backed-up from the SDMicro card prior to performing any firmware updates."
2015-6-15
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

It may look like nothing is happening but just let it go.. The last firmware update took my p3p about 30 minutes to complete
2015-6-15
Use props
warrenkoen
lvl.1

South Africa

Sorry to Hijack this thread but i am having a similar issue. updated P3P to v1.2.6. went through confirmation beeps and system indicated all good. Now i power drone up and it beeps continuously. No lights are flashing and the bind light is solid red on the drone.  Any help will be appreciated.
2015-6-15
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

warrenkoen Posted at 2015-6-16 03:52
Sorry to Hijack this thread but i am having a similar issue. updated P3P to v1.2.6. went through con ...

Hey warrenkoen
Try it again but first make sure you have the correct software downloaded pro or adv. reformat your card in the phantom, shouldn't be needed but might help, put back in computer,  click on the directory in your zip window to open directory before you unzip the files  to your card,( why did they put the files in a directory?),  replace card and start phantom, don't have gimbal clamp on,  start up the phantom only,  give it a bit and the correct beeping should start,  it doesn't take very long to complete.
upgrade your remote also then recalibrate everything.  It's all not going to do any good though.  I see no change in anything what so ever.
2015-6-15
Use props
warrenkoen
lvl.1

South Africa

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-16 04:59
Hey warrenkoen
Try it again but first make sure you have the correct software downloaded pro or a ...

Hey mtnmaddman,
Thanks for that. I forgot to mention that I'm running Mac Os. but all good thanks managed to endure the beeping and the sw updated. All good but you are right what was the point of this fw update.
2015-6-15
Use props
leon
lvl.1

United States

Explain your issue more.

Dude, you need to explain WELL!! God, what platform? What Firmware? What device?? Stop with the vagueness already!! Posts like this are useless and confusing!!
2015-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules