Another idiot with a UAV!
1219 7 2015-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

This is like the 3rd time this month that a drone hit a person, because of a idiotic drone pilot.
http://krqe.com/2015/06/14/drone ... buquerque-festival/
2015-6-15
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

At least this time they actually spoke to someone from the quadcopter community rather than just sensationalizing the event.
2015-6-15
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Funny thing is though, the police didn't file a report or was any information given as to who the owner of the quad was or if the owner got it back.

All of these incidents are going to snowball into more regulations coming.

On a side note, Google made the admission that their UAV that was to be used for providing high speed internet to remote locations crashed. http://aviationweek.com/technolo ... ter-titan-uav-crash  They've kept this silent for close to a month. Somehow I don't think Google is flying a $5,000 bird and if a company as well financed as Google has an issue, you and I can't claim the moral high ground that it won't happen to me.
2015-6-15
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

For the most part, a seemingly fair report on mis-use of a drone. However...

A big non-stated fact about the Enrique Iglesias accident - THAT IS HIS DRONE!
He uses it in the show for "selfies." It was not the act of some irresponsible idiot
doing something improper - it's part of his show!

He was injured because he did something with the quad he should not have been doing.
2015-6-15
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

If the FAA proposed regulations are promulgated to law then the micro UAS exception will permit flight over people other than the operator.  However, I suspect state and local authorities will get involved and pass tighter restrictions limiting drone use.
2015-6-15
Use props
Paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4596 ft
Canada

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-15 23:06
For the most part, a seemingly fair report on mis-use of a drone. However...

A big non-stated fact  ...

It looks like Iglesias stuck is finger into the spinning prop.  
2015-6-15
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Paul@siess.ca Posted at 2015-6-16 01:38
It looks like Iglesias stuck is finger into the spinning prop.

Yes, one of my brothers-in-law was at the event. He said when the song was over, the cloth wrapped around Enrique's hand was pretty bloody. I'll bet he doesn't do that again soon!
2015-6-15
Use props
Paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4596 ft
Canada

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-16 01:52
Yes, one of my brothers-in-law was at the event. He said when the song was over, the cloth wrapped ...

What a numpty.
2015-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules