765 12 2020-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

Before reading this, understand results may vary.
But here is my experiance with DJI:

To whom it may concern,

I respectfully request the refund of my trade up credits for the following reasons:
I have completely lost faith in DJI as a reliable company.
When I purchased my first drone from DJI (Spark flymore) it would not set a home point.
But DJI made it right and continued to do so whenever I had an issue.
Very few issues with the two Sparks I wound up owning.

I upgraded to the DJI Mavic Air and that is where the problems began.
I received the first flymore package form DJI with a DOA battery.
The second Mavic air was a standard package I purchased from an authorized vendor had a DOA battery as well.
While DJI made those issues right, that was just the beginning.

Over the next 8 months, I had 11 issues in all between the two Mavic Air that I owned.
The drones spent more time in the shop than in the air.
Even more frustrating, each one that I received back was a QC certified refurbished from the DJI repair shops.
A  few refurbished models would come to me with issues right out of the  packing preventing them from or making them unsafe to fly.

Here are those case numbers to verify my story:
CAS-2761297-N2N3Y1    Mavic Air    2019-12-09 19:41
CAS-3718075-K8K2R8    Mavic Air    2019-10-28 13:38
CAS-3682650-T5L3L2      Mavic Air   2019-10-18 12:40
CAS-3541813-G8S0Q0    Mavic Air    2019-09-17 19:23
CAS-3429806-L0F3Y3    Mavic Air    2019-08-22 06:17
CAS-3232618-X2F1Z1    Mavic Air    2019-07-04 00:41
CAS-3202642-N3B7X6    Mavic Air    2019-06-25 20:10
CAS-2992730-P2N5V5    Mavic Air    2019-05-04 05:14
CAS-2968896-D1J9M3    Mavic Air    2019-04-27 00:13
CAS-2966953-D2G0Q2   Mavic Air    2019-04-25 01:40
CAS-2911606-H8M2F9    Mavic Air   2019-04-09 23:32

Also please note that CAS-3718075-K8K2R8 and CAS-3682650-T5L3L2 is missing from my account that I can read online.
This means DJI is hiding 2 of my cases. The only way I found them was through the web browser keeping them in form fill memory.

One of the cases was a new retail box Mavic Air sent in exchange.
The same new Mavic Air from the exchange went to service due to a faulty cooling fan right out of the box - CAS-2761297-N2N3Y1.
That is case number 11.

So I said enough is enough and demanded a refund for my DJI purchase.
After  getting special RMA approval since it was past the 14 day return  policy, I sent it in to California and was received February 12th with a  confirmation email stating it would take 3 business days to process.  But that did not happen. It was 15 business days past the originally  quoted 3 business days to be approved for refund.

While this was going on, I demanded a refund of the DJI Care Refresh due to the lack of proficiency in the return.
This was granted quickly after explaining what I am explaining to you now.
However, the Mavic Air refund was still in limbo.
And now DJI was trying to blame the delay on Covid-19.
However,  had the receipt inspection been carried out in a timely manner, this  would have been avoided as California did not get hit until March.

The  final delay I could understand - that there was no data on file as to  what account to refund to since the original transaction was past 6  months. The Mavic Air refund was finally received April 8th.

So as I have stated before, I no longer want to be associated with DJI and require a refund of my Trade Up Credit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After all of that, my request was denied.
I would be very leery about the Mavic Air 2

2020-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi pmshop, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with Mavic Air and our customer service, please allow us some time to review your cases and we will come back to you soon.
2020-4-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good luck pmshop, hope everything works out.
2020-4-20
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

I hope that everything is resolved soon and is only left in a misunderstanding. Thanks for keeping us informed. Best regards!
2020-4-20
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow. I hope a decent resolution is figured out in your case and that you can get the proper outcome you deserve. Good luck.
2020-4-20
Use props
PauloACSilva
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1203520 ft
Portugal

Good luck , you deserve it!
2020-4-20
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Sad reading, indeed.
I'm stuck with my Spark over here.
It refuses to fly away, drop the battery or descend into water.
I'm on the fence about the Air2, will consider it when its out of beta...
2020-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thank you for your patience, we reviewed your cases and have also verified with the higher-level team that there is still no way to refund your Tade-up Credit with cash. You traded up your two iPhone 6 smartphones for DJI Credit and we also made it very clear on our website that once you have received the DJI Credit the order can no longer be canceled and we can only offer you DJI Credit for use instead of cash at the DJI Online Store.
The relationship between DJI and Trade Up is only partner, as much as we understand how frustrated you are, there is no possibility to refund Tade-up Credit as it indeed has been beyond our control, we hope for your understanding.
2020-4-21
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-21 00:15
Thank you for your patience, we reviewed your cases and have also verified with the higher-level team that there is still no way to refund your Tade-up Credit with cash. You traded up your two iPhone 6 smartphones for DJI Credit and we also made it very clear on our website that once you have received the DJI Credit the order can no longer be canceled and we can only offer you DJI Credit for use instead of cash at the DJI Online Store.
The relationship between DJI and Trade Up is only partner, as much as we understand how frustrated you are, there is no possibility to refund Tade-up Credit as it indeed has been beyond our control, we hope for your understanding.

So, per DJI policy, there are no refunds past 14 days yet DJI allowed my Mavic Air to be returned after 11 months.
Also per DJI policy, no returns on DJI Care Refresh yet DJI allowed my policy refund 2 weeks before expiring.

Trade up may be a partner but we all know DJI gets more than the 2X $72 I received in credits.
DJI just doesn't give $144 off out of the goodness of their hearts.
DJI RECEIVED SOMETHING MONETARY FROM MY TRADE UP.

I will accept a PayPal transfer from what ever "corporate incidentals" account necessary to make this happen.
2020-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Haggi Posted at 4-20 22:38
Sad reading, indeed.
I'm stuck with my Spark over here.
It refuses to fly away, drop the battery or descend into water.

Hi Haggi, we apologize for your loss, was the Spark still under warranty period? Did you contact DJI support to report the issue?
2020-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

pmshop Posted at 4-21 05:16
So, per DJI policy, there are no refunds past 14 days yet DJI allowed my Mavic Air to be returned after 11 months.
Also per DJI policy, no returns on DJI Care Refresh yet DJI allowed my policy refund 2 weeks before expiring.

We have done everything we can in your case, but the Trade-Up credit cannot be refunded since it is not only DJI's business, there are no other suggestions can be provided, hope for your understanding.
2020-4-23
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-23 04:29
We have done everything we can in your case, but the Trade-Up credit cannot be refunded since it is not only DJI's business, there are no other suggestions can be provided, hope for your understanding.

And you made it very clear there are no return refunds after 14 days yet DJI did in my case after 11 months.

Had I known the Mavic Air would be a lemon in my case, I never would have traded DOWN
2020-4-23
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-23 04:21
Hi Haggi, we apologize for your loss, was the Spark still under warranty period? Did you contact DJI support to report the issue?

I think that was a joke. Refuses to fly away? Or to drop into water?
2020-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules