1197 13 2020-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snopmaster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140043 ft
Norway

Hi there,

I am new in the "dronebuisness" and have a question about lenght my drone is going. I have recently buyed a Mavic Mini and see others post in here that the Mini goes about 7-8-900 hundred meters.

But mine is going 200 meters - max - before the signal is lost. Luckely the signal comes back and I get control over the drone again.

Is there any fault on my drone? Or is it any restrictions in my country (live in Norway).

Many times I fly over many houses the signal is interrupted. Is this normal?

I like the drone very much and dont wanna loose it, so I get an small panic when this happends. But it would have been cool if it goes about 500-600 meters.

I have switched too manual and fly at 2,4 ghz now.

Any other things that I should think of?
2020-4-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because the Mini uses enhanced wifi, you may want to try an area
with less interference. try an area that is open with less buildings and trees.
2020-4-21
Use props
Snopmaster
lvl.2
Norway

Woe Posted at 4-21 05:22
Because the Mini uses enhanced wifi, you may want to try an area
with less interference. try an area that is open with less buildings and trees.

Ok, I will found a more open area and try. Thanks a lot!
2020-4-21
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Snopmaster Posted at 4-21 05:47

And turn off the wifi on your phone. Or better turn on airplaine mode on your phone before you take off, that increases range significantly.
2020-4-21
Use props
Dr. Alex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156916 ft
Bulgaria

Don't try manual 2.4 GHz in urban places, the interference is very strong and it is unlikely u get good signal beyond 100 m. Try to fly higher and point the controller towards the drone. In CE mode i could make 500-700 m urban and up to 1 km outside the city on 5.8 Ghz
2020-4-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Snopmaster Posted at 4-21 05:47

You're welcome. Let us know how it goes.
2020-4-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Snopmaster, I'm sorry to hear your confusion. As the replies above, you are recommended to choose an open area where no magnetic interference to try the flight again. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know.
2020-4-22
Use props
Snopmaster
lvl.2
Norway

Will try this afternoon in Norway. Going through my flight data on the app, it would not fly more then around 170 meters in suburban area and on 5,8 GHz. But shall try it this afternoon as I say.

But have also problems with export the flight data from DJI Assistance 2, from my Mac Os Catalina. Have posted that issue in another thread on the forum.
2020-4-22
Use props
Warmech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453104 ft
Ukraine

You are lucky! In my country 5.8 is not available for now. And maximum distance for Mini is 30-40 meters! Sometimes I lost connection between drone and RC in 20 meters))) With this restriction this is little toy, not drone
2020-4-22
Use props
Warmech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453104 ft
Ukraine

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-22 05:47
It all depends on your flight environment.   If flying in an urban setting with lots of WiFi, range will be reduced.  Flying over open farmland or water, range will increase.  For the non-FCC version of the Mini, overall range is greatly reduced due to lower RF output.

4000 meters with the Mini.  FCC version over water...

you right, 20-30 meters inside city for EU version in 2.4Ghz range
2020-4-22
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Oh come on... I can fly over a river in my town for around 500 meters with decent signal, It's not that dramatic. I'd like to have a little bit more range... 1.2 Km would be ideal for me in 5.8 GHz.
2020-4-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-22 05:47
It all depends on your flight environment.   If flying in an urban setting with lots of WiFi, range will be reduced.  Flying over open farmland or water, range will increase.  For the non-FCC version of the Mini, overall range is greatly reduced due to lower RF output.

4000 meters with the Mini.  FCC version over water...

Aloha DB,

Well, you are the master at distance flying, no doubt about that.  But, what is the Micron?  I tried looking it up and got nowhere.

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-4-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-23 02:03
Thanks.  'Micron' is what I named my Mini.

Aloha DB,

ROTFL!  A lot easier than I thought!

Stay Safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-4-23
Use props
Snopmaster
lvl.2
Norway

Warmech Posted at 4-22 12:34
You are lucky! In my country 5.8 is not available for now. And maximum distance for Mini is 30-40 meters! Sometimes I lost connection between drone and RC in 20 meters))) With this restriction this is little toy, not drone

You can now - added in the new FW update!
2020-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules