Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
osmo mobile 3 Drifting in rotation when on a tripod.
6746 22 2020-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roballba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2717274 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have started noticing the gimbal is slowly drifting left or right when it should be holding still on a tripod. I will be setting up for a vertical pan and it slowly rotates left. Kind of annoying.

2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi roballba, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please record a video so we can help to check the details of the issue? Thanks.
2020-4-23
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Hi, I was just about to create a thread about the exact same thing. Basically I’m setting up Osmo 3 on its tripod, placing it on the ground and the image will be slowly panning left or right. Starting a timelapse causes the movement to stop but starting a video seems not to. It’s really annoying as it’s not allowing me to properly frame my shot.
2020-4-24
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Romania

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-23 02:01
Hi roballba, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please record a video so we can help to check the details of the issue? Thanks.

2020-4-25
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Romania

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-23 02:01

did you see the video I sent?
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_bQSERIz4yoGD
New
United States

I just bought a Mobile 3 last week, and mine also does this. It's bad enought that I'm considering returning it. It's really annoying. I thought maybe my hand was moving slightly, causing it to rotate but it definitely moves by itself. I've tried calibrating it and rebalancing it; neither of which help.
2020-5-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ice_2k Posted at 5-4 02:15
did you see the video I sent?

Hi there, sorry for the late response, we have checked your video, please kindly contact our support at the link below to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis, we'll do our best to help this out. http://www.dji.com/support
2020-5-7
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Romania

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-7 04:02
Hi there, sorry for the late response, we have checked your video, please kindly contact our support at the link below to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis, we'll do our best to help this out. http://www.dji.com/support

Hi Natalia, thanks. So this is not normal behavior I take it. Seems like many people are hitting this issue, I was hoping it's maybe just a firmware issue. I'll get in touch with the support and see what they say
2020-5-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ice_2k Posted at 5-7 05:03
Hi Natalia, thanks. So this is not normal behavior I take it. Seems like many people are hitting this issue, I was hoping it's maybe just a firmware issue. I'll get in touch with the support and see what they say

You're welcome. Should there anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2020-5-11
Use props
Stev_Fun
lvl.1

Italy

I am also getting this pan. Was anyone able to find a solution?
edit: it does not happen inside the mimo app. seems a bit suspicious...
2020-5-27
Use props
Meriel Campbell-Lloyd
New

Australia

Also getting this issue with our brand new DJI osmo mobile 3. Is there a fix or must it be returned?
2020-5-30
Use props
Meriel Campbell-Lloyd
New

Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 5-7 05:03

What did support say?
2020-5-30
Use props
Meriel Campbell-Lloyd
New

Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 4-25 01:25
https://youtu.be/8KA_om3yNWs

So i just tested mine again and found it does settle down about 15 seconds. Does yours?
2020-5-30
Use props
Meriel Campbell-Lloyd
New

Australia

So i just tested mine and it stops rotating after about 40 seconds. It’s really noticeable when its first moved to a new spot or adjusted.
2020-5-30
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Romania

I actually ended up recalibrating it and it’s now ok
2020-5-30
Use props
ckat007
Captain
Flight distance : 887024 ft
Finland

Ice_2k Posted at 4-25 01:25
https://youtu.be/8KA_om3yNWs

I have the same problem....
2020-7-19
Use props
danaxyzw
New

Romania

hi there!
Noticed the same thing , on tripod whether its own or other tripod the DJI osmo 3 starts rotating aleatory. Sometimes it rotates even if I move fast and press the record button, so it starts "looking" around... I really can't film on  any tripod. Is there anything to be done?
2020-8-27
Use props
Cabcallaway
New

United States

I’ve had my Osmo 3 mobile for about two months and it rotates to the right.  If on a tripod, I need to keep going back to the gimbal and moving it back with the joy stick.  Another problem I’m recently having now is that no mater which mode I select, horizontal, tilt and pan are all locked.  I have to “follow” hand movements with the joy stick.  I realize that nothing is perfect, but it’s becoming unusable.  Please let me know if there are any fixes.  I’m about ready to give up and throw it in the garbage can.
2021-1-1
Use props
Luiz Felipe Do Nascimento
New

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-4-23 02:01

I have the exact same problem. Is there a way I can fix this?
2021-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Luiz Felipe Do Nascimento Posted at 1-5 08:28
I have the exact same problem. Is there a way I can fix this?

Hi there, may we know the model of your DJI product and the specific issue that you encountered?
2021-1-7
Use props
djiuser_CEk9H7IFhe8a
New

United Kingdom

Hi! Bought my Osmo 3 in last July, it worked well til March when I noticed that it starts to drift right. The gimbal doesn't hold still.
Can't really use it since, a bit annoying.
Any solution?
2021-5-7
Use props
djiuser_AZmmYmDz49aI
New

Cambodia

Why my OSMO Mobile 3 just automatic vertically turn itself while shooting video? It turns itself at around 8-10 seconds. How to fix it?
2023-1-26
Use props
djiuser_AZmmYmDz49aI
New

Cambodia

Why my OSMO Mobile 3 just automatic vertically turn itself while shooting video? It turns itself at around 8-10 seconds. I press M button to turn it horizontal but in few seconds it turns by itslef again. How to fix it?
2023-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules