Receiving Restricted Zone warnings in error
892 9 2020-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M2thBarnes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69754 ft

Canada

Went for a flight today in an area I fly all the time. I have made no updates recently to any of the firmware.
The error I am getting is a Safety Notification - You are approaching a Restricted Zone. Restricted Zone type: Downsview Airport.
Not the thing that gets me is this airport is 52km's away from where I am flying. I have never flown anywhere near that airport.
While I am flying my speed is limited (Sports mode doesn't work) and I am getting a constant alert pop up stating "Your aircraft is at the boundary of a Restricted Zone. Please fly away with caution".

How do I fix this?
2020-4-25
Use props
M2thBarnes
lvl.1

Canada

Warning and distance from the actual airport on the alert
Screenshot_20200425-194650.jpg
20200425_195009.jpg
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_SjqTVmvtttxc
New
Canada

M2thBarnes Posted at 4-25 17:41
Warning and distance from the actual airport on the alert[Image]

I’m getting the exact same error for the same airport and I’m 95km’s away. The drone is basically useless. No sport mode and won’t go faster than 10km/hr in any mode. No intelligent modes work. Been like this for 2 days
2020-4-25
Use props
M2thBarnes
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_SjqTVmvtttxc Posted at 4-25 18:09
I’m getting the exact same error for the same airport and I’m 95km’s away. The drone is basically useless. No sport mode and won’t go faster than 10km/hr in any mode. No intelligent modes work. Been like this for 2 days

Well that gives me hope its not the drone but something else going on?
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_SjqTVmvtttxc
New
Canada

M2thBarnes Posted at 4-25 18:39
Well that gives me hope its not the drone but something else going on?

I’m seeing more posts on another forum and it appears to be affecting a lot of people as far as Niagara Falls
2020-4-25
Use props
M2thBarnes
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_SjqTVmvtttxc Posted at 4-25 18:58
I’m seeing more posts on another forum and it appears to be affecting a lot of people as far as Niagara Falls

Yup! Someone from Lockport NY just posted on the Mavic Mini FB group with the same error. Something is going on.
2020-4-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for that case happened. Kindly please send an email to flysafe@dji.com, our related team will help to check it and provide further assistance.
2020-4-26
Use props
SkyAuthority
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44334 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-26 03:22
Hi there, sorry for that case happened. Kindly please send an email to , our related team will help to check it and provide further assistance.

Hi, I sent an email to dji about this yesterday and have not yet heard back. I've been reading this forum, and others, and I see a lot of people in the Toronto area experiencing the same thing. Has there been any news on this?
2020-4-26
Use props
M2thBarnes
lvl.1

Canada

SkyAuthority Posted at 4-26 16:00
Hi, I sent an email to dji about this yesterday and have not yet heard back. I've been reading this forum, and others, and I see a lot of people in the Toronto area experiencing the same thing. Has there been any news on this?

I opened a case, they asked for some basic details yesterday so now i am waiting.. they better fix this mess fast!
2020-4-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SkyAuthority Posted at 4-26 16:00
Hi, I sent an email to dji about this yesterday and have not yet heard back. I've been reading this forum, and others, and I see a lot of people in the Toronto area experiencing the same thing. Has there been any news on this?

Hi there, sorry to have kept you waiting. I have managed to get your ticket number via your forum account, I will forward it to the related team to follow up, please wait for the update patiently. Thanks.
2020-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules