Doubts focus wheel and 5D Mark IV
697 2 2020-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cristiandl
lvl.1
Spain

Hi all,

My name is Christian, from Barcelona nice to meet you. I'm thinking about buy a Ronin-S for my 5D Mark IV, I have the 24-70L f.8 II and some lens more.

I have a big issue about what pack should buy (Basic or Standard) because I have a doubt about the functionality of the wheel. I don't know if the wheel for focus is for use with the external motor auto-focus or it can be used without it. In this case I don't know how the wheel works, I think that works with the lenses that the elements of the objective not moves externaly, only internaly.

I saw a lot of reviews about the Ronin-S but I cannot find anything about the wheel. I checked that in the Sony cameras the focus with the wheel doesn't work fine (focuses like a stumbles), I would like know if the problem is only in the Sony cameras, or works wrong in all camera models. Should be works fine in my 5D MK4 without the external auto-focus motor?

Sorry if the thread was posted I can't found any thread about my problem.

Thanks and sorry for my English: P

Regards,
Christian.
2020-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Christian, when the list shows Pull Focus Electronically, it means the follow focus is supported without external Focus Motor, the Focus Wheel could achieve this function directly.
For Canon 5D MK IV, Pull focus electronically is available with MCC-B connected, please check the details here: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/ronin-s/5d4 5D MK IV.png setup method.png
2020-4-26
Use props
Cristiandl
lvl.1
Spain

Hi Mindy,

Thanks a lot for the quickly reply. Ok now I understand, with the notes about these firmware should works OK the electronical focus of the camera with the MCC-B cable. I'm was not very sure about if the focus works fine with my camera becouse that I said about the problems of the sony.
2020-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules