Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Digital FPV System HDMI Output Tutorial
25560 19 2020-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonatan.C.N
Captain
Flight distance : 170627 ft

So it's finally there! After DJI Digital FPV System is updated to v01.00.05.00, HDMI output can be enabled when used with a DJI Smart Controller(01.00.0750.). You can follow the steps below to set up your system.
   0.png

Preparation before Use:
1. Separately connect the parts of the DJI Digital FPV System (Air Unit, Remote Controller, and DJI FPV Goggles) to a computer, run DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series), and then update them all to v01.00.05.00.

Download link for DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series): https://www.dji.com/cn/fpv/info#downloads
Connect the DJI Smart Controller to DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic, and then update it to v01.00.0750.
Download link for DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic: https://www.dji.com/cn/smart-controller/downloads

2. Make sure that the DJI FPV Goggles and Air Unit can receive signals as normal, and that the goggles can display image transmission pictures.

Connection Steps:
  • Connect the DJI FPV Goggles to the DJI Smart Controller with a USB-C cable. (The smaller connector of the cable connects to the Type-C port of the DJI FPV Goggles, and the larger one connects to the USB-A port of the DJI Smart Controller.) After properly connecting the DJI FPV Goggles to the DJI Smart Controller, open the FPV Live app, and the real-time image transmission pictures will be displayed on the DJI Smart Controller. 3.png 2.png
  • Then connect the DJI Smart Controller to a display screen (such as a monitor) with an HDMI cable, and the real-time image transmission pictures will be shown on the display screen.
   3.png

Note: After connecting the HDMI cable to the DJI Smart Controller, the screen of the DJI Smart Controller can be turned off by clicking the power button (this will not affect the HDMI output on the display screen). If a live broadcast lasts for a long time, the DJI Smart Controller can also be used while it is charging.

Precautions:
  • After switching the screen display ratio (between 4:3 and 16:9) in DJI FPV Goggles, it is necessary to unplug and reconnect the USB cable.
  • If the display screen is black and shows no picture, first check whether the DJI Smart Controller can display pictures as normal. If not, check the connection between the DJI FPV Goggles and DJI Smart Controller (by restarting the devices or reconnecting the USB-C cable). If the DJI Smart Controller shows pictures as normal, try to restart the app, and then plug the HDMI cable back in again.
  • If the app exits to the background and shows no picture after the USB cable or HDMI cable is pulled out and reconnected during use, try to restart the app and plug the USB cable and HDMI cable back in again. (Before restarting the app, it is recommended to unplug both the HDMI and USB cables first, and then individually plug the USB cable and the HDMI cable back in again).

2020-4-26
Use props
Giammi
Captain
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

I really hope they will find some solution to get HDMI out of the USB-C port. The solution you explained is not practical for me and doesn't work for those not owning a smart controller.
2020-4-27
Use props
Pixels with ALT
lvl.1

Canada

Does it display AV video for those running the URUAV analogue mod?
2020-4-27
Use props
Tangaroa
lvl.1
Chile

Congratulations!!!, great news for those who have Dji Smart  Controller. In my case, have a beautiful and expensive  Crystalsky, can you please tell me where can i find  the FPV Live app for my monitor, thank you very much in advance!!
2020-4-27
Use props
Smarkus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4245 ft
Finland

I've downloaded the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic and there is no firmware v01.00.0750 available. What should I do? I have the goggles and really would like to try it out with my Mavic 2 Pro.
2020-8-14
Use props
Vu Hoan
New

Vietnam

I hope the DJI FPV Goggles can connect to the DJI 4 Plus Pro the way Smart Controller does. Possible?
2020-9-16
Use props
throneoffarming
lvl.1

South Korea

Why the hell didn't you make HDMI IN?

That's a feature that even goggles under 200$.
2020-9-24
Use props
fans0b293311
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the tutorial. I've got this working with:
  • Goggles firmware 1.00.060
  • SmartController firmware 1.00.0820

(well, working as well as can be expected given the bug in the SmartController where the video will not show up and requre some magic sequence of rebooting the SmartController and the Goggles which sometimes restores video, see this thread: smart controller no image display).

I notice that there is no OSD information output to either the SmartController screen or to the HDMI output, do you guys see this as well? Is there any way to get the OSD (both standard DJI OSD and custom OSD that I am feeding into the FPV air unit) to display anywhere but on the Goggles screen?

2020-10-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool - thanks for sharing
2020-10-13
Use props
mc54
First Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Thanks for the tutorial.

Here is how you can connect a $30 secondary screen when flying analog:

Step 1: turn your secondary screen's power switch
Step 2: hold down the channel search til it locks on your channel
Step 3: there is no step 3

LOL
2020-10-13
Use props
djiuser_85ANHKviqFKT
lvl.1

Sweden

mc54 Posted at 10-13 06:04
Thanks for the tutorial.

Here is how you can connect a $30 secondary screen when flying analog:

In step 3 you watch ANALOG video. LOL
2020-10-15
Use props
trica de
First Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

to be honest.... its a Android device running a software called FPV LIVE so why can this software not be in the Android Store or Apple Store. Simply I would add my Phone to the USB connector of me goggles and thats it !
2020-10-24
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Useless redundant piece of overpriced kit for those that ALREADY possess a controller!  DJI...needs to come out with an AFFORDABLE monitoring solution!!!  For Christ Sake...Do it!!
2020-10-26
Use props
bjoern79de
New

Germany

That can't be DJI's honest. I need to buy an "adapter" for $600+ to get HDMI out?!
2020-11-1
Use props
Lossius FPV
New

Norway

Smarkus Posted at 2020-8-14 10:33
I've downloaded the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic and there is no firmware v01.00.0750 available. What should I do? I have the goggles and really would like to try it out with my Mavic 2 Pro.

Dji FPV goggles are for FPV drones, and are not compatible with Mavic, Phantom, or any Dji drone, except for the not yet released Dji FPV drone.
2021-1-13
Use props
Lossius FPV
New

Norway

Vu Hoan Posted at 2020-9-16 00:48
I hope the DJI FPV Goggles can connect to the DJI 4 Plus Pro the way Smart Controller does. Possible?

Not possible, they're not compatible.
2021-1-13
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Captain
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Does this work for V2 Goggles and DJI FPV ?
2021-5-11
Use props
Bezik
First Officer
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

2021-5-11
Use props
fans79782605
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5281804 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Does smart controller work with fpv goggles v2?
2021-5-31
Use props
CR3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I’m not seeing any OSD info which is a problem here in australia it’s the only legal way we can fly.  Any idea how to view the osd info?
2021-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules