Strange RTH behaviour
446 8 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Whilst out testing I noticed this strange behaviour from the MM.

Initiate RTH and the quad rises to 64ft, then it rotates towards HP and then carries on climbing to the preset RTH height, not sure it did this before, I know my MP and my P2 climb straight to the RTH height before heading homewards.

2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Can't say I have noticed, but I usually fly higher than the RTH altitude.
2020-4-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

as in the manual   ;-)

cheers
JJB
MMrth.png
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 4-27 06:39
Hi,

as in the manual   ;-)

Nice find. That is actually good, because the orientation could help the signal, before it starts flying home.
2020-4-27
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 4-27 06:39
Hi,

as in the manual   ;-)

Still doesnt make sense

The example you state seems to be working on a 20M RTH home height, as it says ascends to the RTH altitude or 20m,
But then it says that if the altitude (of what ?> the quad or the RTH altitude)is higher then it adjusts it orientation immediately.

From past experience with the Mavic Pro and Phantom 2 if the quad is below the set RTH height it raises up and then sets its orientation, if its above the set RTH height then it just rotates towards home point and flies home.

in the video the quad rises to 20m and then rotates and then climbs to the RTH height, this is totally different to what i state about the MP.

I need to go back and see what happens if i start RTH above 20m, im guessing it will just raise to the set RTH height.
2020-4-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

crash1sttime Posted at 4-27 07:14
Still doesnt make sense

The example you state seems to be working on a 20M RTH home height, as it says ascends to the RTH altitude or 20m,

guess i understand it different.

example MM :
RTH height set to 35 meters, flying at 10 meters.
If signal lost  MM start to hover at position, climb from 10 to 20 meters, aligning to HP, climb further to 35 meter.  Why it does this ....no clue, and indeed its it different than other DJI drones.
If i remember right than if Flying > 20 meters ; MM will climb to 35, align to HP and start forward flying.

cheers
JJB
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-27 07:14
Still doesnt make sense

The example you state seems to be working on a 20M RTH home height, as it says ascends to the RTH altitude or 20m,

It seems like it did exactly what you described. Rose to 20m, turned towards home, then rose to the RTH altitude.
2020-4-27
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 4-27 08:03
guess i understand it different.

example MM :

Just tested it again, yes as strange as it seems (especially to us old timers) if the quad height is below 20m it climbs to this height, then orientates itself to the home point then climbs to the RTH height.

If its above 20m it immediately turns to HP then climbs.

Very strange
2020-4-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

crash1sttime Posted at 4-27 09:12
Just tested it again, yes as strange as it seems (especially to us old timers) if the quad height is below 20m it climbs to this height, then orientates itself to the home point then climbs to the RTH height.

If its above 20m it immediately turns to HP then climbs.

Thanks, refreshes my memory again.

cheers
JJB
2020-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules