Prop Install/Removal too many times???
2712 17 2015-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKoppta
lvl.1

United States

Hi -

I have not yet purchased a hard box case from my Phantom 3 Professional and instead have been using the original box it shipped in for storage.  Each time I fly I install the 4 prop and each time I store it, I remove the 4 props.  I am wondering if there is any concern of installing/removing them too often.  Any foreseeable issues with the threads inside the prop?  I am only hand tightening them, but I was just curious if my approach is recommended or not.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated.  By the way, I am not even sure if this is the norm once I do get the hard case.  What does everyone else do?

Thanks.
2015-6-15
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do exactly as you described. I never store my Phantom with the props on because the foam in the top of most (all?) cases rests on the props just a bit.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-15
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

PhantomHelp.com Posted at 2015-6-16 05:36
I do exactly as you described. I never store my Phantom with the props on because the foam in the to ...

I can confirm the foam on the Microraptor case does NOT rest on the props - Adam
2015-6-15
Use props
mcrs
lvl.1
Canada

I use the ThinkTank Airport Helipad to transport my P3P and always remove the props. I'm guessing you could try to position the dividers in the backpack to allow for the props to stay on, but as mentioned it would definitely push against the props when closed and more than likely damage/bend them. I too remove the props every time, and only hand tighten. I've had it almost a month now with a few dozen flights and no issues whatsoever.
2015-6-15
Use props
QuadKoppta
lvl.1

United States

Adamation Posted at 2015-6-16 05:41
I can confirm the foam on the Microraptor case does NOT rest on the props  - Adam

Thank you, so is the Micoraptor the case you would recommend?  Any concerns with it?
2015-6-15
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Adamation Posted at 2015-6-16 05:41
I can confirm the foam on the Microraptor case does NOT rest on the props  - Adam

I have all of the Phantom 3 Microraptor Pro cases and backpacks. The case itself is extremely well built -- one of the best. It also comes with solid inserts that help keep the foam from pushing down on the props. Unfortunately, the props extend well beyond those supports. While it's probably not much weight, it seems the foam touches the tips of the props when the case is closed.

BTW, don't let this sway you from buying a Microraptor Pro case. You'll love it! All cases have this problem.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.

2015-6-15
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

QuadKoppta, for hard cases, Microraptor Pro and Go Professional are top of the line. The Go Professional is larger, so go with the Microraptor Pro if you need something more compact.

Go Professional: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=S6ZPZZQSAKH5LKXX
Microraptor Pro: http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encodi ... Id=SF7LPLRQ5NQUQ7RE

www.PhantomHelp.com
2015-6-15
Use props
QuadKoppta
lvl.1

United States

PhantomHelp.com Posted at 2015-6-16 05:53
I have all of the Phantom 3 Microraptor Pro cases and backpacks. The case itself is extremely well ...

Thank you for the informative reply.  So I guess another quick question...  Do you leave the props on?  Just trying to figure out what is best.  I do not want to damage them, but I am not sure if I am doing more harm them good by installing/removing several times per day.
2015-6-15
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I always remove my props before putting my Phantom in its case. And, also before turning my Phantom on inside the house.

You should not wear them out if you make sure you properly thread them when spinning them on. Also, when hand-tightening them, don't over do it. Just make sure they are snug.

www.PhantomHelp.com
2015-6-15
Use props
QuadKoppta
lvl.1

United States

Thank you all for your great replies.  Just ordered the Microraptor case.  Appreciate the help!
2015-6-15
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

QuadKoppta Posted at 2015-6-16 06:15
Thank you all for your great replies.  Just ordered the Microraptor case.  Appreciate the help!

A fantastic choice indeed!, what colour? - Adam
2015-6-16
Use props
Quadtastrophe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 172267 ft
United States

PhantomHelp.com Posted at 2015-6-16 05:57
QuadKoppta, for hard cases, Microraptor Pro and Go Professional are top of the line. The Go Professi ...

Acceptable for carry on?  Some airlines have 22" max dimension.
2015-6-16
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

I too have the Microraptor in bright yellow(wanted orange but it was out of stock) with the blue and black foam.
I love it! I wanted a bright color so I could never misplace it. lol
2015-6-16
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Quadtastrophe Posted at 2015-6-16 22:01
Acceptable for carry on?  Some airlines have 22" max dimension.

You should verify with the airline you usually use. Like you said, some have different rules. If required though, I'd feel safe checking the Microraptor Pro case into baggage.

www.PhantomHelp.com
2015-6-16
Use props
xaq7
lvl.1

United States

It would be nice if there were some guidelines on proper torque, and hours of use. Like how long are the motors good for? 100 hours? More? Less?
2015-6-16
Use props
QuadKoppta
lvl.1

United States

Adamation Posted at 2015-6-16 21:31
A fantastic choice indeed!, what colour? - Adam

I went with Black exterior and Blue interior.  The yellow was appealing, but I already attract enough attention with the P3P, a giant yellow box only adds to it.
2015-6-16
Use props
challenger451
lvl.2

United States

PhantomHelp.com Posted at 2015-6-16 05:53
I have all of the Phantom 3 Microraptor Pro cases and backpacks. The case itself is extremely well ...

I'm curious as to how many of you with cases use prop guards and is it a pain to take them off to get them in the cases.
2015-6-17
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

challenger451, it's not a pain if you get prop guards that are easy to remove -- like these:
http://aerial.bestemusa.com/Phan ... Set-of-4-_p_23.html

And, if you have the DJI prop guards, you can easily turn them into removable props guards with this:
http://aerial.bestemusa.com/Phan ... from-DJI-_p_24.html

www.PhantomHelp.com
2015-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules