Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2 EASA class certificate?
5968 28 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does anyone know if the Mavic Air 2 will have a EASA class certificate so that it wont end up in the legacy category in July?
2020-4-28
Use props
UKMoose
Captain
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

According to a BBC news item the EU version of mavic air 2 will not have airsence due to covid19 and supply difficulties, only north America will ship with it, is this true? Who knows.
2020-4-28
Use props
izotop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

this is something i want to know, too. i find it strange, all recent drones that's been shipped to market recently  (aka autel 2 etc), don't bother with new eu certificates etc.

and by the way: prediction is, new eu directive is postponed to january 2021.
2020-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

izotop Posted at 4-28 00:58
this is something i want to know, too. i find it strange, all recent drones that's been shipped to market recently  (aka autel 2 etc), don't bother with new eu certificates etc.

and by the way: prediction is, new eu directive is postponed to january 2021.

In the UK it's deferred to September 2020.  But if I understand correctly drones cannot be certificated retrospectively.
2020-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also I see EU model won't have ADS-B (Air Sense) feature.  So much for the advertising that all new drones in 2020 above 250 grams would have that feature.
2020-4-28
Use props
izotop
Second Officer

Slovenia

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 01:09
Also I see EU model won't have ADS-B (Air Sense) feature.  So much for the advertising that all new drones in 2020 above 250 grams would have that feature.

If i remember correctly, it's not mandatory, for drones have transborders in form aka "ads-b" (which is not really fully compatible with systems, that "real" airtraffic is using, at least this  is how it was presented to me by some guy from our air agency) etc in eu region under new eu drone legaslation coming in 2021 now (originally july 2020). All they have to emit , is their serial numbers locally (not whole data directly/globally  via gsm or something ad in states).
But again, none of other manufacture seems to be bothering with this. which i find very strange.
2020-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It does not have CE C1 (look at the sticker on the body).
And because the specs of the electronic ID are not clear (yet), they can't.
(that is what I have been told was lacking from the EU)
2020-4-28
Use props
izotop
Second Officer

Slovenia

Montfrooij Posted at 4-28 05:26
It does not have CE C1 (look at the sticker on the body).
And because the specs of the electronic ID are not clear (yet), they can't.
(that is what I have been told was lacking from the EU)

good eye, didn't catch that. it could be what you mentioning, but new ue directive has been confirmed already last year (i guess they should determined those things about id etc already).
well, we'll see i guess.
2020-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

izotop Posted at 4-28 05:48
good eye, didn't catch that. it could be what you mentioning, but new ue directive has been confirmed already last year (i guess they should determined those things about id etc already).
well, we'll see i guess.

The guy I spoke about it is very clear.
The EU has not made the technical demands for the geo awareness / remote ID implementation public yet.
2020-4-28
Use props
djiuser_rmSylfrDaVk7
New

United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I’m hoping for a bit of support. I’ve recently just bought the Mavic Air 2 not releasing it does not come with AirSense. Do you think I should cancel my order and wait for this releasing say in a few months or just keep it?

Thanks.
2020-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_rmSylfrDaVk7 Posted at 4-28 14:31
Hi guys,

I’m hoping for a bit of support. I’ve recently just bought the Mavic Air 2 not releasing it does not come with AirSense. Do you think I should cancel my order and wait for this releasing say in a few months or just keep it?

Personally for flying in the UK I would wait.  The lack of classification means it will fall into the legacy category and you'll be more restricted when you can fly.
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_rmSylfrDaVk7
New

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-29 00:25
Personally for flying in the UK I would wait.  The lack of classification means it will fall into the legacy category and you'll be more restricted when you can fly.

Thanks, I cancelled my order last night and I’m going to wait. Disappointing as I was looking forward to getting my first drone.
2020-4-29
Use props
izotop
Second Officer

Slovenia

nevermind..
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_xOR95tBCzDIW
lvl.1

Poland

You can just buy Mini.
Even Legacy Mini will be able to fly everywhere.
2020-5-13
Use props
djiuser_hM9JuQEq5syt
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_rmSylfrDaVk7 Posted at 2020-4-29 04:11
Thanks, I cancelled my order last night and I’m going to wait. Disappointing as I was looking forward to getting my first drone.

Hi mate DJI made announcement that there working on a up date or you send it to your local DJI workshop same goes to parrot anfi thermal which does have the the CE mark it,no don't think you need to panic yet these are big companies well ahead of the EU in technology.
2021-2-1
Use props
fans36a26de5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5866 ft

Italy

Any news from DJI about a possible Retrofit of Class mark on the DJI MAVIC AIR 2 and MAVIC AIR 2S ?

Will EASA allow to retrofit products already in the market as MAVIC AIR 2?

2021-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans36a26de5 Posted at 4-20 03:38
Any news from DJI about a possible Retrofit of Class mark on the DJI MAVIC AIR 2 and MAVIC AIR 2S ?

Will EASA allow to retrofit products already in the market as MAVIC AIR 2?

Page 4 on the EASA q&a says no retrospective classification unless the drone is returned for modification.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites ... rones%209%20Dec.pdf
2021-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_hM9JuQEq5syt Posted at 2-1 02:08
Hi mate DJI made announcement that there working on a up date or you send it to your local DJI workshop same goes to parrot anfi thermal which does have the the CE mark it,no don't think you need to panic yet these are big companies well ahead of the EU in technology.

Got a link to that announcement?
2021-4-20
Use props
atomic77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 858117 ft
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 4-20 03:46
Page 4 on the EASA q&a says no retrospective classification unless the drone is returned for modification.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/Livestream%20questions%20answers%20leisure%20drones%209%20Dec.pdf

"The procedure may only be activated by the drone manufacturer" - it means the manufacturer have to declare the drone is in some class, supply appriopriate firmware and sticker with class name to the customer.  It all depends on the manufacturer's will and ability, you won't have to send anything back, or it could be made by a local dealer.
2021-4-20
Use props
atomic77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 858117 ft
Poland

[sorry for double post, it's my browser and I don't see any options to delete]
2021-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

atomic77 Posted at 4-20 04:05
"The procedure may only be activated by the drone manufacturer" - it means the manufacturer have to declare the drone is in some class, supply appriopriate firmware and sticker with class name to the customer.  It all depends on the manufacturer's will and ability, you won't have to send anything back, or it could be made by a local dealer.

There a set of slides that they releases where they call it a remanufacture process and explicitly say it has to be returned to the manufacturer for modification.
2021-4-20
Use props
fans36a26de5
lvl.1

Italy

DAFlys Posted at 4-20 04:13
There a set of slides that they releases where they call it a remanufacture process and explicitly say it has to be returned to the manufacturer for modification.

OK BUT
They also say:

The market regulation in general does not allow retrofit products already in the market. However, the EU Commission recently finalized a procedure to allow the retrofit for drones. The procedure may only be activated by the drone manufacturer.

So this means that it may possible if the DJI will accept to do (The Manufacturer in this case)

IT Will be not a problem if we have to return to the manufacturer for modification. In every EU State, there is a DJI representative to ship there to make these modifications, of course, they are not without charge but possible.
These, make it possible for example to make the necessary mod in order to take the A1C1 Label Class and not to pay to obtain an A2 Exams for nothing just to pilot a 570gr of Drone like the Mavic Air 2

Something that is possible to do, is very different than something that is impossible to do
I DON'T WANT TO BY A NEW MAVIC AIR 2 DRONE AND AFTER SOME MONTHS IT WILL CAME OUT A NEWER ONE WITH A1C1 CLASS AND I HAVE TO SELL IT

2021-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans36a26de5 Posted at 4-20 04:38
OK BUT
They also say:

Yes but it will involve sending the drone to the manufacturer or authorised

Q: How will I be able to get a CE label retroactively for my drone?

For confirmed products, this will require a hardware and/or firmware upgrade (still to be decided!) which will have to be performed by DJI or certain authorised dealers. Customers may do this upgrade themselves but the manufacturer needs to set up a controlled process with a verification through a notified body (still to be decided!).

https://enterprise-insights.dji. ... u-drone-regulations

2021-4-20
Use props
fans36a26de5
lvl.1

Italy

DAFlys Posted at 4-20 04:41
Yes but it will involve sending the drone to the manufacturer or authorised

Q: How will I be able to get a CE label retroactively for my drone?

OK,

To send it to the manufacturer or authorized my drone to pay just the postal charge will not a big problem.

put in a basket a new drone-like MAVIC AIR 2 after one year it will be a problem

The question for me now is:  BUY OR NOT TO BUY A DJI MAVIC AIR 2?

If I could do, to send to the manufacturer in the next future and to take the A1C1 Class, I WILL BUY NOW A MAVIC AIR 2, IF NOT,  

I will not buy, and thanks to DJI

2021-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans36a26de5 Posted at 4-20 04:49
OK,

To send it to the manufacturer or authorized my drone to pay just the postal charge will not a big problem.

Under the new rules an unclassified mini is the way to go in Europe.   Unclassified you can fly over people and close to building etc.  Once it’s classified it will move a category and won’t be able to fly like that as they change the rules from <250g to mtom <250g

Ian in London explains it well but the video is long.

2021-4-20
Use props
fans36a26de5
lvl.1

Italy

DAFlys Posted at 4-20 05:00
Under the new rules an unclassified mini is the way to go in Europe.   Unclassified you can fly over people and close to building etc.  Once it’s classified it will move a category and won’t be able to fly like that as they change the rules from

I have the DJI Mavic Mini and I have also the A1/A3 certificate and I'm studying to obtain the A2 certificate,
I know where to fly and not to fly, my problem is just only to buy a DJI Mavic Air 2 and use it also just like the Mini, near the people and not over the crowd.

But If I will have to sell it in 2023 because I don't want to use it in A3, I will not buy

DJI Mavic Mini is not the same as DJI Mavic Air 2, for many reasons. It's a different drone in details and performance

2021-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans36a26de5 Posted at 4-20 05:24
I have the DJI Mavic Mini and I have also the A1/A3 certificate and I'm studying to obtain the A2 certificate,
I know where to fly and not to fly, my problem is just only to buy a DJI Mavic Air 2 and use it also just like the Mini, near the people and not over the crowd.

The mini 2 is a bit closer.  I have a mini 2 and the Mavic 2 pro and I won’t be buying another drone until they start to classify them.
2021-4-20
Use props
fans36a26de5
lvl.1

Italy

Hi to all,

Any news about Mavic Air 2s if it will be retrofilt to C1 or C2?
2022-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans36a26de5 Posted at 12-5 03:38
Hi to all,

Any news about Mavic Air 2s if it will be retrofilt to C1 or C2?

As the transition as been extended another year I doubt we'll see it done.
2022-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules